Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 03-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
mv
Regular User

Default F430 replacement rumours

I have recently read some rumours that ferrari intends to bring up new versions of the 430 faster which is probably true considering the spider is here already. A challenge version packing 530hp is allegedly the next one to come and it might be unveiled as soon as in Frankfurt. Why would they do it ? To boost sales ? Probably not as there already is a pretty long queue for the 430. As some rumours indicate the 430 might be on the market for lets say 3 years only until the actual 360's successor arrives.

So lets get down to it.

The next "modena" might use either an uprated V8 or a brand new V10. It will combine both coupe and cab versions as it is said to use the cutting-edge folding roof previously seen on the 575 Superamerica, which I find it possible but I'd say that its possible CS version will shed this system to reduce weight.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
bmwmpower
Regular User

Default Re: F430 replacement rumours

Originally Posted by mv
I have recently read some rumours that ferrari intends to bring up new versions of the 430 faster which is probably true considering the spider is here already. A challenge version packing 530hp is allegedly the next one to come and it might be unveiled as soon as in Frankfurt. Why would they do it ? To boost sales ? Probably not as there already is a pretty long queue for the 430. As some rumours indicate the 430 might be on the market for lets say 3 years only until the actual 360's successor arrives.

So lets get down to it.

The next "modena" might use either an uprated V8 or a brand new V10. It will combine both coupe and cab versions as it is said to use the cutting-edge folding roof previously seen on the 575 Superamerica, which I find it possible but I'd say that its possible CS version will shed this system to reduce weight.
WTF, thats brutal 530 hp, now i think needs Ferrari somethink cheaper,slower, this power cars are growing brutal fast, 6 years back modena had 400 hp
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
No.1
Regular User

The 430CS is obviously going to be targetting a different audience. How many footballers have you seen driving a 360CS? Now compare that to 360 Modena/Spider drivers. I think the 430CS will be even more hardcore than the 360CS, as the standard 430 is pretty pointy already.

I can't wait to hear the 430CS.... the 360CS is just brutal 8)
Old 03-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
astonmartinandy
Regular User

I just hope that in all of this Ferrari doesn't just lose the point. Yes power is always important, but getting into an AMG-esque quest for power may detract from the overall essence and handling of a Ferrari.
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
mv
Regular User

What's more the challenge version I mentioned above is not the CS version you're talking about on which no word has been dropped yet... So there will eventually be a challenge version ( a slightly lighter more powerful version of the 430 ) and a stradale version, which will probably have the same engine but the weight reduction will be much more significant.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
What's more the challenge version I mentioned above is not the CS version you're talking about on which no word has been dropped yet... So there will eventually be a challenge version ( a slightly lighter more powerful version of the 430 ) and a stradale version, which will probably have the same engine but the weight reduction will be much more significant.
Is the challenge version going to be road-legal, or just a strict track-car?

I think they will use the same product staging as with the 360...

430 Modena
430 Spider
430 Challenge Race Car
430 Challenge Stradale

I can't imagine them releasing a 430 Challenge for the road, with only a few BHP advantage and a little weight saving.

And the worries about Ferrari becoming an AMG-esque power hungry company aren't that accurate.
They are increasing the power, but making the cars handle it better. Putting the 480BHP engine from the 430 into a 355 would make the 355 worse. The engine evolution has to work in tandem with the evolution of the chassis development, and i'm sure we won't be seeing Ferraris tripping over themselves because they have too much power in the near future
Old 03-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Is the challenge version going to be road-legal, or just a strict track-car?

I think they will use the same product staging as with the 360...

430 Modena
430 Spider
430 Challenge Race Car
430 Challenge Stradale

I can't imagine them releasing a 430 Challenge for the road, with only a few BHP advantage and a little weight saving.

Well, I'm not sure about the tag it will wear, but there allegedly will be a more powerful (520-530hp), slightly lighter (CCM and sport seats as standart I reckon), version of the 430 released sooner than we might expect... And as far as I know it's not the CS version and it's definitely road legal intended for the street.

It's just a rumour though so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

I doubt they will make a challenge for the road, thats exactly what the CS is....

The only reason they bought out the spider so quickly compared to the 360 is because they already had the basic structure and hood mechanism from the 360. The only reason the 360 spider came out later was because they had to design the hood mechanism
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #9
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
I doubt they will make a challenge for the road, thats exactly what the CS is....

The only reason they bought out the spider so quickly compared to the 360 is because they already had the basic structure and hood mechanism from the 360. The only reason the 360 spider came out later was because they had to design the hood mechanism
Hmm.. I see and it definitely makes sense... I would actually be very surprised if they made a successor so early as the 430 is such an astonishing car.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #10
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv

Hmm.. I see and it definitely makes sense... I would actually be very surprised if they made a successor so early as the 430 is such an astonishing car.
its not a succesor ! its just another version of the 430 model, the 360 CS wasnt a succesor to the modena, it was a challenge version for the street, not the new modena the succesor ws the 430
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #11
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by mv

its not a succesor ! its just another version of the 430 model, the 360 CS wasnt a succesor to the modena, it was a challenge version for the street, not the new modena the succesor ws the 430
Ohh, a misunderstanding. I meant the successor (F500) and not the challenge version - this thread is actually about the successor hence if i say "successor" one should know I mean the successor and not another version of the 430.

Initially I started this thread saying Ferrari was gonna bring out new versions faster because the successor (f500) is already on its way.. Mindgam3 has possibly enlightened me explaining why the spider has arrived that early ( because they did not have to develop the roof mechanism as in case of the f360 they just lifted it from the f360) hence the successor might not be that close which doesn't really surprise me as the 430 is a fabulous car and there is no need for a replacement that early. See ?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
No.1
Regular User

I remember reading that somewhere.... evo perhaps??
That is the truth, and so there should have been no suprise at the (relatively) early release of the 430 Spider. It's just that the 360 Spider was a bit of a late comer.

Originally Posted by mv
It's just a rumour though so take it with a grain of salt.
I agree, but fun to discuss anyway
Old 03-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #13
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

I agree, but fun to discuss anyway
Yes, indeed. But the thing is that the thread is supposed to be about the F430 successor and we just keep discussing the 430 only.

What do you think?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:29 PM   #14
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
Yes, indeed. But the thing is that the thread is supposed to be about the F430 successor and we just keep discussing the 430 only.
Whoops ops:

With concerns to the V10... it seems a natural evoultion, yet Ferrari have always maintained a smaller, more nimble V8 (430) and a V12 GT (a la 575/612). The V10 wouldn't have as much significance as it would if they had one today. The move to V8 in F1 would make a V10 just odd, but to have one now seems a pretty good marketing idea.

The folding roof is interesting... do you mean there will be no Modena/Spider versions... just a CC (Coupe/Cabriolet)???

Another point made in the evo article in which some guy (pretty high up) at Ferrari was interviewed, was the fact that the 430 shunned a folding roof (as did the 360 - they did have the technology, and the money then). The system is obviously much heavier than the electric/canvas roof. The folding hardtop weighs more due to the hydraulics. The car's handling would also suffer due to the raised centre of gravity, and the increased weight - this may be the reason to upgrade to a V10.... the V8's are pretty stressed at 480HP

One thing i would like to see is a 575 replacement. The car's getting old, even though the HGTC is amazing, it really is outdated. They need to hurry that up, and the revised 612 is due (not sure.... don't quote me ).
Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #15
ikon2003
Regular User

any source for these rumors?
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote