Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 03-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
jakaracman
Regular User

Default F430 Spider drive

As I promised: some owrds, pics and vids after first F430 Spider drive.
Did about 150 km with the car, some autostrada, some local roads. Unfortunately roads were not really good choice, not curvy enough, bu what can you do ... I didn't choose them.
Anyway: the car is absolutely fantastic to drive. It (for me) only has 2 drawbacks: I can't fit into it properly, although I'm "only" 1.9 m tall, and when you put it in reverse in beep all the time really annoyingly ...
Level of grip is nothing special for this kind of car (supoercar), but I was pleasantly suprised by how easy it is to drive really fast. Turns in intantly, you can feel wihich end is going to let go first, rear slides really predictably and controlably. Roundabouts are real fun, but even in 150+ km/h corners ikt's easy to go to the limit, because you can feel what is going to happen.
But the most amazing thing: the sound. It's an opera. Variable lenght intake, variable exhaust (there is a photo of bypass valve whivch opens and slose secondary pipes ...), there are at least 20 diffreent sounda, plus all the overrun crackling ... I thinh i shifted waaaaay to much (although engine feel ind of dead under 3500 rpm) because of that.
Brakes? CCM (carbon ceramic), braking from 280 kph (that was the top speed, autostrada was too busy to go for claimed 310+, although it tried, belive me ) to 80 is a snap. cant make them fade ...
A few pics:

Exhaust bypass valve

Temp. license plate, basically they (Ferrari) issue their own ...

You know what that is ...

In the trunk (in front, of course) there is place for 2 airline carry-on suitcases and some more. You also get tire kit and this tools/fuses... set.

Sorry, forgot to rotate that. ANyway, F430 sign is only on drivers mirror.

CCM and 19 inch wheel (235 front, 285 back).

You can get high-res pics by removing "-med" from
link/URL ...
Some vids:

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/15921430_280.MOV
On autostrada, from beggining of 2nd gear to ...

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/15921430_back.MOV
On autostrada ...

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/15921430_LC.MOV
Start with launch control (not too complicated, but if you have too heavy foot, there is a lot of tire smoke)

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/50...1f430s_098.avi
This is how most of the non-autostrada roads looked like, traffic was prety bad, but fortunately 490 hp deals with that ... Just don't ask what speed are we talking about ... Sound is a bit bad, my colleague's camera is not really good at that ...

Enjoy (and unfortunately I'm not going to BMW M6 launch or Maserati Cambiocorsa Trofeo (race car) test drive, I'm too busy

And a happy b-day, Jabba!

SFDMALEX: please move to pics or vids section if necesarry, didn't know where to put it ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
|Nuno|
Regular User

:shock:

I.Hate.You.

Seriously, nice report and thanks for the videos/pictures.

That blue is just stunning... How does it compare (the colour) on the metal?

Ah, and what did you think of the F1 tranny?
Old 03-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
jakaracman
Regular User

Uf, the pic does the real coluor no justice. And the tranny is (now, with a Manettino on the steering wheel so you can choose how it and suspension and diff and electronics work) is great, fast, but usually not jerky ...
BTW: jou can get it blue with blue top, tan seats with blue stitching and blue carpets ... Same in red ...
Old 03-18-2005, 07:21 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

Thank you Jakaracman for vids and pix!!! What a sound with roof down!

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
robruf
Regular User

You are lucky that there are no speeding limits in Slovenia, got to love that. Extremely beautiful car, it is simply fantastic, thanks for the pics and videos.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
1zippo1
Regular User

Wow, that's fast... Didn't expect the spider to come out so quickly...

Some very nice pics you took btw! I saved the high res versions. Blue is the perfect color for the car.

You say it's quite easy to drive, that's a bit of a surprise. I mean Ferrari's used to be very fast but seriously hard to drive. Even the 360 got lot's of complaints about that. If I remember correctly, during the Gallardo test by Top Gear JC said that the 360 spins so fast that when you push it to the limit it's just like a dog chasing its tale.

I can't listen to the sound because my parents are sleeping close by, but I believe you when you say it sounds fantastic. Shit, I envy you dude! A shame you can't go to the launch of the M6 . I'm going to the VW Passat launch tomorrow damn, what a comparison Passat <-> M6

thx for the pics/vids & the story!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by jakaracman
Uf, the pic does the real coluor no justice. And the tranny is (now, with a Manettino on the steering wheel so you can choose how it and suspension and diff and electronics work) is great, fast, but usually not jerky ...
BTW: jou can get it blue with blue top, tan seats with blue stitching and blue carpets ... Same in red ...
Neat, always loved that colour... And yeah, now you can get pretty much every colour combo...
Old 03-18-2005, 07:25 PM   #8
budagboy2
Regular User

cool videos, the blue is a gorgeous color
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #9
jakaracman
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
You are lucky that there are no speeding limits in Slovenia, got to love that. Extremely beautiful car, it is simply fantastic, thanks for the pics and videos.
It was not in Slovenia (we have speed limits), and there were speed limits ...
Zippo: haven't driven 360 on the limit, but 430 is quite nice to slide around, i guess. I didn't spin it while doing so so it's not that hard ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:31 AM   #10
raphaelws

great color..
fantastic car.. 8)

good report!!!!