Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 03-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #16
callen
Regular User

Awesome read! and without a doubt it is the 550 Barchetta. I dont think he is bragging, I thought he was very truthful. Any one who calls him a bragger is just sad they dont have a ferrari themselves. I hope to one day own a Ferrari, i WISH I could have a stable of them but I would settle for todays equivelent of a 6 speed 355 Berlinetta, in 20 years! hmm so that would be the 430... or its successor! I cant wait and its nice to dream! thanks for the story I loved it! 8)
Old 03-08-2005, 09:03 PM   #17
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
Awesome read! and without a doubt it is the 550 Barchetta. I dont think he is bragging, I thought he was very truthful. Any one who calls him a bragger is just sad they dont have a ferrari themselves. I hope to one day own a Ferrari, i WISH I could have a stable of them but I would settle for todays equivelent of a 6 speed 355 Berlinetta, in 20 years! hmm so that would be the 430... or its successor! I cant wait and its nice to dream! thanks for the story I loved it! 8)
yeah im sad i dont have a Ferrari :cry:
Old 03-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #18
ikon2003
Regular User

Wow, great read. what an inspiration.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:00 AM   #19
irrational_i
Regular User

A great read! And very true.

Although I do not own a Ferrari I had the privilege to drive a friend's 308 GTS QV for a few months while he was out of the country. I now own a Porsche 911 (Pics all over the forum. 232kph in the top speed posts.)
And I can definitely agree to the attitude. The Ferrari always seemed to have an open lane on the highway and wherever you stop, even at trafffic lights, people would ask about the car. I have a few friends with Ferraris too and it is definitely a way of life for the real enthusiast.

By contrast the Porsche, although much better than a BMW for the above elicits fewer responses and I do get cut off in traffic sometimes. People also seem to not care if they open their cardoors against mine in parking lots. Can't see that happening with the Ferrari. I love the Porsche, but I really miss the Ferrari sometimes. I am working my way up to owning one as they are very expensive in South Africa relative to the Porsches.
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:49 AM   #20
numerouno
Regular User

[quote="Chingachgook"]The 550 Barchetta is so expensive ? I did'nt know it, damn !!! ...quote]
Just to remind you that it's Aussie dollars he's speaking of
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote