Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #76
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
For the ones interested, here is my (not so special) review!

BEWARE, SPOILERS INSIDE
What a moment a new JC DVD is!! I should be on my way to take my digicamera to remove some dust inside it, but how could I go when I have to watch this?!?!

The introduction part is very nice.. kinda reminds me the not car related series by Jeremy

HAHAHAHHA the drag race between the Austin and the CL65 is too funny!! Jeremy in the Austin: "pretty good start! ... 30 .... 31!..." LMAO!

And right off with another drag race with a bunch of Z cars!! 8 in fact! To show how the 350Z is not necessarily the fastest of them all

Oh yes, the main theme is old vs new someway, like in the already infamous TG episode

No time to drool over the nice 350Z too much since he throws at us a fantastic electric blue Zonda!!!!!!! AHHHHHH! Sooo desirable! MAD car! It just scream "exotic" from every carbon fiber millimeter!
And once again here is the XJ220! Luckily more time is devoted to it compared to what they did for TG!
I never liked the car to be honest, but it is still something special!
And of course another acceleration test! And again amazing to see how quick the XJ can be!!
The SLR is next... uhm.. yes, it is a good car, I know, fast, rare, whatever, but still, after a blue Zonda, I am not sure it still is that special and Jeremy crush it between it and a CGT! LOL, no chance for the SLR at all! As for a start, the engine sound... the SLR with its big and growling V8 is simply wrong when you listen to the marvellous Porsche V10!
For sure to decide wich one is better.. Merc or Porsche is not easy, it is subjective and it depends what you are looking for in a car.. we already know they don't really play in the same territory with the SLR beeing in its own little one probably!
Anyway, you should be crazy to dump the CGT!! CRAZY!! I could watch the CGT burning rubber all the day long with that engine pumping out its high-revving melody!
BTW; Jeremy driving the CGT in the drag race and he has a perfect start! We don't see this often As always, I wonder who is driving the other car each time!
He pick the SLR afterall.. it was kinda obvious... the CGT beeing probably too hardcore!

After so many rare exotica showoff, it's time for some EVOs but no real coverage.. just to introduce the Elise-Exige shoot out Funny test! They take a wide circle and try to see how long the Exige will need to catch the Elise! To prove the higher cornering speed of the Exige!

But there is really no time to calm down a little! Now a CSL is on screen! Another car I would really like to see on my driveway! Another car sounding like only a few others And driven like it should by Jeremy! With only minor mistakes! He is charmed
WOW, they also got the original CSL!!! And in mint consitions!! And to see them going "head to head" on track is a rare sight! The idea is to lap three times in the E46 before the original one could lap twice Indeed the 3.0 seems planted and barely moving while the new one blast past the camera like a bullet! But well, more power, more grip.. what could you expect? very nice feature this one!

Barely half of the DVD and already soooo many nice cars! What could come next?

An MGB LOL! HAHAHA and its opponent is the Atom???? The Ariel Atom is around sincea while, always evolving, always improving, always ugly and always something quite rare you see only on TG, 5th Gear and evo... I wonder how many of them you can see during UK trackdays! For sure way more Sevens around, but the Atom still seems a kinda acomplished toy!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, when Jeremy tries to sit on the MGB I almost fainted while laughing! Also thanks to his hair
Another drag race.. an S2000 vs a Triumph TR6... and it's a funny one!

Oh nice, after speed, grip and handling, let's talk about noise!!!!!! An F360 driveby and a Vanquish one afterward! And SL55 also! And it seems Jeremy's one! And the CSL! Zonda! An old Mustang! And all of this was aiming at a TVR moment LOL You may love TVRs or not, but you can't say their soundtrack isn't nice!
And to talk about TVR Jeremy takes of course the latest cration! The Sagaris, in a superb red! They even have a SEAC there! I never saw one on video! Only for some revving though!

Still on British cars ground with the DB9! Sexy bitch even if Jeremy seems to like the DB7 more!

MIURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Please drive it!!! Drive it now!!!

Dang, Jeremy was near a Miura right one second ago and now what is this damn 928 on screen? LOL! Oh well, let's enjoy it! A V8 Porsche is sure something strange since usually Porsche = 6 cyl boxer engine, especially if it doesn't come in a Cayenne shape .. but there is also a Cayenne in the DVD! You bet! A Turbo of course! And nt only on track, to prove the Cayenne is not just a bulky show off Porsche
EWWW!! The H2 is coming The Cayenne is so small compared to it! And Jeremy is trying to tell us the H2 is more stylish LMAO! Cheaper, more beautiful and purposefull Noway, would be a Cayenne for me any day

Back on the DB9! And much sideway action obiously! Another great sounding car for sure! Now like the Vanquish maybe, but still nice!
And I really love it whith the doors open, slightly upward!
Once again Jeremy points out how better the DB9 is, compared to the Vanquish. And enjoys his ride in the meanwhile
As for an old Aston they got an 80s Vantage superb! The following model, so big and bulky was not so nice afterall, but brutal for sure! now let's see the 3-way dragrace! The DB9 blows the other two away, BY FAR! "Not the proper Aston my backside!" LMAO!!!!

HAHAHAH, the shooting part was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on track with the Ford GT! Well, since Jeremy bought one, we had to expect some (positive) coverage on this DVD But why should he tell us it is the fastest car on sale today? What does he mean with "on sale"?
And basically he ends the DVD saying the GT is the best car in the world LOL! I bet Richard will try to point that out in the future episodes!

I was expecting some more Enzo in this DVD after the TG episode and to see the Miura since they had one there, only parked!!! But strangely there was a lack of italian supercars beside the Zonda! Not that it ruined the DVD, not at all! A marvellous DVD, superb quality rip! I am glad to be on JW to enjoy such a thing!!

THANKS JABBA!! THANKS!

End of spoilers, it was great! Well worth the download or money!

What he said(almost...lol)

I'm still in a state of shock, I am going to watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And I want to thanks The King Jabba himself for doing this amazing stuff for us, and the rest of the crew that helped with this.

Here by I wanted to say ask me anything you want Jabba and I'll try to do my best...

SHOCK

SHOCK

SHOCK

BTW long live the SLR, excellent testing on that special machine.

I'm still in SHOCK...

oo yeah I forgot I only downloaded the 700 and not the 3.2( too much work and I'll screw it up anyway) , but nontheless the 700 is AMAZING quality.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #77
oscargarza88
Regular User

wow jabba!
i didnt even expect this!
thanks ALOT!
u never stop to impress us...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #78
jamberl
Regular User

Thanks for the review, TT, sounds like it might be worth buying. Not sure if I have the patience to wait 'till it makes its way to the Bittorrent community!

Kinda surprised JC chose the SLR over the CGT, considering he likes hardcore cars like the F40..
Old 11-10-2004, 06:12 AM   #79
Wutputt
Regular User

Very nice review, TT. I like your review style After reading it, I definitely want this DVD even more. Maybe if I am nice to Santa, I can expect it under the Christmas tree this year.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #80
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
Very nice review, TT. I like your review style After reading it, I definitely want this DVD even more. Maybe if I am nice to Santa, I can expect it under the Christmas tree this year.
I think I'm gonna request it to Santa, too.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:26 AM   #81
lior_156
Regular User

how can we get it? what do i need to do to be in that forum of ?
lior_156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #82
TT
Regular User

You need to spend some time reading the forums (the public ones that is...)

Basically only our most "devoted" and "involved" members have access to the videos
Old 11-12-2004, 07:51 AM   #83
lior_156
Regular User

who will let me in and how will he knows if i have been hear eghnof time?
lior_156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:55 AM   #84
dingo
Regular User

HE will know by the fact you registered today....and he is usually TT.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #85
raphaelws

]
thanks jabba