Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-21-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
zrick
Regular User

Default nascar

why the hell are there no nascar torrents, it is the most popular of all motorsports in the world.
zrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:29 AM   #2
Spiffu
Regular User

Thankyou drive through.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
styla21
Regular User

Not the best introduction post i've seen...

Ironically the subject you posted on has a stereotype - a stereotype that you seem to fit the profile of perfectly.
Crass and obnoxious.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
atfin
Regular User

Spiffu Was it right or left in this turn
atfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
tkach
Regular User

After sadly living in the southern part of the U.S.A and being surrounded by NASCAR fans I now fully understand why it is popular. Because poeple who like NASCAR are morons who enjoy crap that isnt racing because they are very stupid. Hence forth many do not own computers so there are few torrents.
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
Ironically the subject you posted on has a stereotype - a stereotype that you seem to fit the profile of perfectly.
Crass and obnoxious.
Then

Originally Posted by tkach View Post
Because poeple who like NASCAR are morons who enjoy crap that isnt racing because they are very stupid. Hence forth many do not own computers so there are few torrents.
Funny. That doesn't stop NASCAR haters from being crass and obnoxious. NASCAR is as much a racing series as anything else. And yes, I do watch it. And no, I'm not a redneck.

But I have to say, why would a nascar fan want to watch races after they're done? Watching reviews and reruns of a nascar race just doesn't work. It's just not as exciting.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
tkach
Regular User

Sorry for that I got caught at a very bad moment. Im usually not that much of a dick.
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Funny. That doesn't stop NASCAR haters from being crass and obnoxious. NASCAR is as much a racing series as anything else. And yes, I do watch it. And no, I'm not a redneck.
Heil. I'm pointing out that a stereotype exists and judging by Zrick's first post, he could fit that profile. Generally, a way to ask for something politely is to say e.g: "Could i please...", "Can somebody please help find...?", "......thankyou" etc.
A bit of courtesy, especially in a first post doesn't take much, and this thread would probably have taken a completely different track to what it has.
Who posts / asks for something like this anyway?
why the hell are there no nascar torrents, it is the most popular of all motorsports in the world.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

As much as people like to hate on NASCAR, it represents some very sound and robust and clever engineering....

Think about this:

The cars weigh about 3500lbs, run pushrod V8's and can hiot 170mph on short tracks.

Add to this wheel size limits of 15", yet the tiny brake rotots/pad can haul thos cars from 170mph to 70mph once every 20 seconds or so - for 500 or 600 laps - sometimes more.

Think about the stresses and strains on those wheel bearings, the heat disipation requirements of those brake rotors - the extreme punishment the shocks endure.

Now think the same chassis sees 2 main feature events PER WEEK sometims, as well as 3 or 4 days of practice.

Add to this the reality that when NASCAR drivers step to other motor sports, they do better sooner than when other motorsport drivers step over to NASCAR

Didnt Jeff Gordon run a Forumla 1 car at the Indy grandprix to within 1s of the pole qualifiying time - his first time out??
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
Carbodiox
Regular User

Hahaha omg I died! (Spiffu vid)

Is it straight enough!!???

Basicly as a guy from europe the only thing about nascar i know is that they all have the same v8 cars and they are going left and straight. As a scientist and person who also has common sense i don't want to judge to quickly but my god thats enough for me to not watch these races. Obviously still having full respect to people who do want to enjoy nascar. But this discussion is about user zrick and i have to agree with styla21 - thats not the way to begin your trip with MW community
Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
Mattk
Regular User

I think we've scared the guy away. He's hiding in shame due to his lack of social skills.

I've watched NASCAR on a few occasions and I must say it's not a favourite. It's not really all that exciting and it's pretty mundane. It certainly requires a lot of skill and hard work, but even lawn bowls is better to watch on TV.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #12
79TA
Regular User

His question wasn't a very good one as it's easily answered if you look at the interests of the people who use MW.

Anyway, the random NASCAR bashing is just, as if not more, ignorant than they claim NASCAR fans to be. People look at it and say, "oh it's just straights and left turns, how simplistic and boring." While there is some point to be made there, one must respect that to be competetive in oval racing one must be at the limit of grip CONSTANTLY. They are flirting with the limits far more than any road racer and must do so for about 4 hours . . . not a lame F1-esque 2 hours.

My favorite type of racing is endurance road racing as I find the cars more relevant, and the courses and test of time more interesting, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy NASCAR or that I go around arbitrarily holding my nose up.

Lastly, I find it a bit ironic that this conversation happened right before one of the two yearly Sprint Cup road races. They're at Infineon tomorrow, so I'm going to make sure to watch the race. Go Ron Fellows!
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #13
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by zrick View Post

it so trolls like you don't come to the forum for just torrents.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
His question wasn't a very good one as it's easily answered if you look at the interests of the people who use MW.

Anyway, the random NASCAR bashing is just, as if not more, ignorant than they claim NASCAR fans to be. People look at it and say, "oh it's just straights and left turns, how simplistic and boring." While there is some point to be made there, one must respect that to be competetive in oval racing one must be at the limit of grip CONSTANTLY. They are flirting with the limits far more than any road racer and must do so for about 4 hours . . . not a lame F1-esque 2 hours.

My favorite type of racing is endurance road racing as I find the cars more relevant, and the courses and test of time more interesting, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy NASCAR or that I go around arbitrarily holding my nose up.

Lastly, I find it a bit ironic that this conversation happened right before one of the two yearly Sprint Cup road races. They're at Infineon tomorrow, so I'm going to make sure to watch the race. Go Ron Fellows!
Rally... thats all i can say.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post

The problem is that NASCAR bashing is far easier for most benchracers than actually engaging in meaningful discussion...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote