Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Mattk
Regular User

Default Men's basketball

I watched some basketball last night, and to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the US team against the Australians. Featuring a ridiculous line-up of NBA superstars, such as Lebron James, who could buy three whole Australian teams with his annual earnings, they really weren't able to get away from the Australians until the last half minute of the second quarter. They were only up by one at quarter-time due to many wasted opportunities.

The Redeem Team can hustle well and dominate post play situations. They can also set up attacks quickly. However, they can't shoot. They missed half their free throw attempts and the majority of their three point attempts. Bryant was the worst culprit. With percentages so poor, it would be difficult to defeat well-drilled teams like Spain, or Lithuania. They will also find Argetina a tough prospect, although i believe they will win. Sure, American basketball courts, like American cars, are bigger than those in the rest of the world, but that's no excuse. Just take a step back.

I reckon Spain will unite the titles and defeat the US in the final, with Lithuania third.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Mattk
Regular User

The US like to intimidate other opponents. You can see it clearly in post play. They are always leaning against other players. The Boomers wouldn't take that shit and obviously confronted them. This sort of stuff happens even in regional competitions.

I actually didn't think Bryant was that great early on. He really only fired in the second half. His shooting percentage was way down.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
zeus_2011
Regular User

I dont think u can rely on the game with Australia to c what this team is capable of. They beat the current world and euro champs (spain) and the previous euro champ (greece) with 40 and 30 points difference respectively......the game against Spain must have been painful for any spaniards out there as the world champs had no answer for the Redeem team, as a greek watchin the US squash anything the greeks threw at them was interesting to say the least!!!

I cant see anyone getting in the way of a US gold medal....good luck either way
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:01 AM   #4
Mattk
Regular User

I actually broached the Spain game with a few mates. We were all pretty sure that Spain were playing down their hand. Why reveal all their best tricks early on? USA trying their best was not so great.