Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Default Next Gen GT To Have Ferraris

I was browsing the videos on gamespot and happened to come across the new gran turismo video, and shock of shock it shows a FERRARI. Whether this is an indication of them actually appearing in the game isn't confirmed, but it sent a huge feeling of satisfaction when i saw it.

Heres the Link
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/g...mo5/media.html

Its the first video, with the picture of the ferrari.
McLaren4eVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

OK PS3 for me it is....but what am I gonna do for the next year or 2 while GT keep delaying ~ XBOX360?.....Will see on boxing day (If only XBOX can be written off as an expense)
Old 09-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

nice nice nice !
but first is forza 2
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Yup its official everyone! I went gamespot today to check out what has been happening at TGS and then I saw Ferrari and almost shitted!

Now we need Lamborghinis and Porsches.

Just think about this every Ferrari ever made you can drive on any GT track! Just amazing. I say every Ferrari because I am sure everyone knows how PD includes just about every car from a manfacutre and this will be no exception for sure! Also I heard you will only be able to have just 3 Ferraris for the comming GT HD "demo" in december but more will be availabe soon.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

The fact that they are calling it GT HD worries me..

"GT HD" means they can get away with a just a prettier GT4 with more cars..

And Ferrari isn't a Japanese manufacturer.. so they will most likely only have a few F cars..
Old 09-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #6
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
The fact that they are calling it GT HD worries me..

"GT HD" means they can get away with a just a prettier GT4 with more cars..

And Ferrari isn't a Japanese manufacturer.. so they will most likely only have a few F cars..
Well it is only a demo and they cars do look very sharp from some shots I have seen but still no where close to what the final product is.

There will be two modes in GT HD.

GT Classic and Prienum.

In classic you will start off with no car and can BUY up to 750 and more realeased each month or so. You will also have something like 7 tracks to Purcahse! Prizes are like 40 cents to a Dollar. And tracks are like a dollar to four dollars! Talk about that for expensive! Hopefully the real GT5 will not requite you to pay for cars.

In the other GT you have like 30 - 60 cars and 3 tracks for free though.

Also its been confirmed that only 3 THREE Ferrari's will be in GT HD at the LAUNCH!

Basicly if the having to pay for cars is true I will just avoid GT HD.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Jabba
Regular User

Caps are for admins only, please edit the thread title please.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #8
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

^^^^ Sorry Just really exciting news, now if only PD can somehow monange to get damage for theses cars. Still GT% due in 2008 and in the interview he said that GT5 will be based around what the consumer wants.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
666fast
Regular User

I'll believe it when I'm driving a Ferrari in the game. They have shown shots of cars before and had them removed before releasin the game.

Also, the nonsense abou having to buy all the cars and tracks is quite possibly the dumbest idea on earth. At those prices, it won't be long untill i's a $1000 game. What will they charge for the actual disc, which will offer nothing other than menus? LOL I hope the idiot who thought this was a good idea is fired.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #10
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

^^^^ But you won't pay 1000 for it because you'll only buy what you want, and also it's going to be online so just buy your best car and play the world.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #11
TopGearNL
Regular User

OMG I want a PS3 and Gran Turismo HD so badly now, Im one of those stupid guys who buys everything just to drive that F430 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife !!

How do you mean passion
Old 09-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #12
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
^^^^ But you won't pay 1000 for it because you'll only buy what you want, and also it's going to be online so just buy your best car and play the world.
Half the fun of GT4 (and other GTs for that matter), was getting to try all sorts of cars out, not just sticking with one or two, at least that's what I found. Having to pay for each car I want to try is just irritating, and if the plan does go through with how it's sounding like right now with the micro-transactions, I definitely won't be purchasing GT:HD.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I bet/hope PD will change their minds about the stupid idea of paying for cars when they find out no one will buy the cars in the GT HD. If we boycott them they might lower the price or just get rid of the price thing totally. Now if it were like pay a dollar or so to get just a certain car but the other 1200 cars are availabe for free would be alright with me but pay for each car? Fuck that shit.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #14
Kinxy
Regular User

I don't belive it even though I have seen the video.

Even in the GT4 Prolouge DVD they had a segment with a Ferrari 360, but it didn't make it to the real game. So don't get your hopes up too early, this could be, and probably is just a marketing trick... and when it comes to it, they'll maybe say "issues with copyright etc etc.."
Kinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #15
Pimp Racer
Regular User

^^^^^Are you talking about GT4 Proglouge the game or something else? I somehow got my hands on that GT4 Prolouge Game (Meaning for free) when it came out for the rest of the world and not us Americans and remember playing through all of it but never once saw anything related to the Ferrari 360 or let alone Ferrari.

Do you have any way to back up what you say my friend? In other words I need proof about this Ferrari 360 you somehow magically saw in the GT4 Prolouge game that I didnt see. I am sure if it was seen in a video or something it would have been causing a buzz at the time and I dont remember any talk of it.