Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
Drew
Regular User

Default GM to sell stake in Japan's Suzuki for $2 billion

TOKYO - Struggling General Motors Corp. will sell a 17.4 percent stake in Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp. for $2 billion, scaling down its share in an effort to gain much-needed cash, but the partnership between the automakers will continue, both sides said Monday.

GM — which is embarking on a massive turnaround effort after losing $8.6 billion last year — will maintain a 3 percent stake in Suzuki, dropping to seventh largest shareholder from top shareholder.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11695786/
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
graywolf624
Regular User

Man they are divesting of everything. First subaru now suzuki. I thought that was what would happen.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

yeah i read an article somewhere about GM being in serious trouble It was called Implosion, it's actually quite interesting and Mike Lawrence the wirter has some brillian articles to his name.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...p?fes_aty_id=7

read the article called Implosion it kinda opened my eyes a bit more about America And China.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
exhausted mules
Regular User

^ there's no point in having a large amount of land if the house in the middle isn't tall enough to see the edges.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
graywolf624
Regular User

I majorly disagree with his politics on the national stage (realizing as a percent of gdp americas debt is one of the lowest in the world and health care comments). In terms of Gm/ford the crux of the issue is the avoidance of changing how things are done by the key stakeholders.. Management and unions. Big corporations die cause they cant keep up with change. In fact his union man arguement is alot of the problem. You cant close the facilities you need to and open others/ cut pay/ ect.. You can't respond to market movements.