Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #31
Shinigami
Regular User

The fact that all their cars are starting to look the same...

It's been like this for a bit too long. Ok, I know some people like to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I guess I just like to see some 'radical' change, perhaps a very different Porsche, but I know Porsche tries to keep the image, and the current look is a trademark of theirs.

They're very good cars! I'm not saying they're not :shock: But Porsches don't really turn heads anymore... especially in Switzerland which sells the most Porsches per head of any other country. It's become just another brand.

Even the 911 series is like... ummm, is it a turbo, or a carrera, or... you see? Just kinda makes me scratch me head *confused*
Old 02-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #32
leo_26782
Regular User

I don't really agree about Porsche getting "common". A 911 is definitely not rare in Switzerland, but it is still a wonderful machine. The Cayman has something in its line that makes it "not right". Maybe the front light? Or the ridiculous rear spoiler? I don't know exactly, but I do not like it as much as when it first appeared
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #33
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by leo_26782
I don't really agree about Porsche getting "common". A 911 is definitely not rare in Switzerland, but it is still a wonderful machine. The Cayman has something in its line that makes it "not right". Maybe the front light? Or the ridiculous rear spoiler? I don't know exactly, but I do not like it as much as when it first appeared
Where I live they are getting kinda common since the introduction of the boxster and even the Cayenne.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:53 PM   #34
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Where I live they are getting kinda common since the introduction of the boxster and even the Cayenne.
So they are common in Gothenburg?
I know at least 5 M5 E60 in Gothenburg. Pretty common
Old 02-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #35
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me
Originally Posted by Ghostbat
So they are common in Gothenburg?
I know at least 5 M5 E60 in Gothenburg. Pretty common
I don't live in Gothenburg.. I don't exactly mean that you see Porsches on every corner like Volvos but they are way more common now than a couple of years ago before the introduction of the Boxster and the Cayenne. Unfortunately I don't find the sales figures right know but they would prove me right.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #36
leo_26782
Regular User

That's not what I meant by common at all. You must see a few dozens of Porsche a day if you go around Geneva. But a common car is a car that you see in the street without noticing it. That's everything but the case for a Porsche IMO: it has something special. Maybe just in the aura around it, but still, I like them
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote