Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-24-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
FPVPSI
Regular User

Default Honda Legend MAX...V8 590hp...

...a deffinate M5, E55/65, any S/RS Audi killer!

The spec's read...

Layout : 90"V8 N/A
Displacment : 4000cc
Horsepower : 590hp @ 9500rpm <--OMG!!
Torque : 383lb-ft / 7500rpm
Restrictor : 33.4mm (2) or 46.8 (1)
Clutch : Carbon 4 plate

- http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=319284
- http://www.mugen-power.com/topics/l...0501/index.html

They are some mightly impressive spec's. a 4.0lt V8 producing allmost 600hp is a massive feat... :shock:...if this makes it into production (i hope so) i would bet my house that it would hose down any of the cars listed above

But unfortunate as it is it looks like that beast will never make it to production but Mugen, Honda's in house tuner has relased a model called the " Modulo" which will most likey be build, it has a beefed up exterior and the motor has been fettled with to produce more power (don't know exactly how much). Looking at it makes my mouth water... :shocked!:

What are your thoughts? Please if ur just gonna post "this is rice", don't post at all Im interested in real responses...sorry about the long post... ops:

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Old 01-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #2
Anonymous

Wow, this is something I didn't know. I didn't know the current RL is the Legend in Japan. I used to own one of those cars.

My perspective was and still is that for Honda to compete in the market of mid to up scale luxury, they should put a smooth V8 in their cars. This is even one step beyond that.

Thumbs up to Honda if they make this a production vehicle.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
findleybeast
Regular User

This thing is awesome! When I first read the title, I was expecting some 4 or 6 cyl car with huge turbos, but a N/A V8... :shock:

This car looks sick, and that V8... peak hp at 9500rpm? Good lord! Looks like someone is taking some hints from F1 cars...

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
Skaala
Regular User

bet bmw is pissed, this will most likely (if put in prod) smoke the m5. And what happens when people start tuning it? woah...
Old 01-24-2005, 01:10 PM   #5
mindgam3
Regular User

hmmm, around 150hp/litre... what an engine.... although the current record for highest power per litre is the S2000 VTEC at 130bhp/litre....

I don't know how the hell they managed that and if that's road legal at all... if it is, it will either last not very long or is an outstanding piece of engineering
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:28 PM   #6
oantob
Regular User

this car gonna be the next muscle car from Japan... but why? doesn't Honda always makes small but fast cars? whatever, I like the car very much...Have you seen the mugen version?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #7
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

wow awesome, are amazing, the nexte shumi
Old 01-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
5vz-fe
Regular User

The engine is a Mugen Le Mans V8, so most likely not road legal. This car reminds me of the LM X5 BMW. The sound will be awesome I am sure
Old 01-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #9
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
The engine is a Mugen Le Mans V8, so most likely not road legal
was gonna say....
Old 01-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #10
FPVPSI
Regular User

mmm...i have just read tht this motor might make it to the next NSX... ...sweet handeling chassis, 600hp some good times ahead 8) . But what amazes me is that they can produce so much power from such a small displacement It's rivals (if put into production) have engines of 5 ltr's upward heck the Merc is 6.0ltrs! Now to take a dig at some American cars 7.0ltrs only 373kw! 8.3ltrs 372kw! <--thats apaling considering were well into the new millenium... ...
Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #11
mindgam3
Regular User

not really "too" impressive, as 5vz-fe said, the Mugen MF408S engine is a le mans race engine and therefore non road legal

from the links you provided "Debuting in the 2002 ALMS (American Le Mans Series), this 4 liter V8 engine has seen action every year since then. In 2004, it was used in the JGTC Series by the VEMAC RD408R GT500 class racing machine. "
Old 01-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

very unlikey for these reasons:
1. Honda canceled the next-gen NSX, integra type-r, and s2000. And the Civic type-r is on shaky grounds. Why would it build a supercar-competing sedan?
2. The engine is definately not road legal.
3. To put the first honda V8 in a sean seems pretty unlikely to me. Until now, the largest engine honda has made has been it's v6's, which are used in the largest form in the Pilot suv and the Odyssey, and soon, the Ridgeline.
4. Budget.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #13
findleybeast
Regular User

the engine is sweet, but it does make power in the same fashion as a racecar (and the M5) - high rpm power but low torque. not saying 383 lb-ft is bad, but it peaks at a really high rpm and is comparaitively small against the hp numbers. nevertheless, I would love to see this engine, even in a detuned form for production, in a new car - especially the nsx. That car desperately needs some real power.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:39 PM   #14
DeMoN
Regular User

#1 it still is a honda
#2 it says MUGEN so that would be like comparing it to the hamann or alpina M5
Old 01-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #15
SilviaEvo
Regular User

^^he has a point it is a tuning company so it has to be compared to another tuner from the other categories. Such as Brabus
But overall this car is awesome and i want it NOW