Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-22-2004, 08:11 AM   #16
GTO
Regular User

I was being sarcastic when comparing the aston to the holden, but holden is trying to copy them and many more car companys they try to rip off.
And EVO and STI are rips of Audi, its naïve to think that other manufactures don’t influence others. If it wasn’t for Audi we wouldn’t have the STI, EVO class of cars. It’s the essence of competition.
I hate holdens for the fact that so many jackass drive them and defend them such as yourself for being so great.
An ironic comment
when in fact they are ugly, chew fuel, slow
That’s emotive ricer stance on domestic cars, that all domestic cars are based on the 1977 model or something. If I had that view I’d laugh at the EVO or WRX, Japanese car fitted the above descriptions nicely.
I got to borrow a Manaro when it came out, I was surprised at it’s fuel economy. Like any car it how you drive it, believe it or not EVO like my WRX chews fuel. A Manual 5.7 is defiantly not slow, it has an aggressive acceleration profile and a HSV has an awesome engine not that no 2 liter turbo can compare to.
Yeah its good stuff, But as a family car they do a decent job at hauling the family around and can take a fair amount of abuse....but as a sports car....dont know what they are thinking, esp when they charge such a high price for there sports cars
Well you can say that of station wagons too, would you say an Audi RS6 is slow? I’d say Mitsubishi is a family brand too, and the standard Lancer is a economy car aimed at women, so do I call an EVO a riced out Lancer? Look at the individual car as what it is and not your hatred of domestic cars.

Luxury cars are expensive in their own right but ones with performance are even more so. HSV is a “sports-luxury” company, that you get both in one car. Like BMW M but half the price. The new Y series HSV’s have really great interiors that in comparison make the EVO feel like an economy car interior wise.

That aside I see the Coupe 4 as a work in progress for HSV, $90K is a bit steep for any car, especially that I see the STI and the EVO as the ultimate. Yes there's faster but 5-10 times the price

In truth though after my WRX I simply can't buy a Holden, bang for your buck and incredible handling, WRX and EVO all the way :turn-l:
Old 10-22-2004, 08:26 AM   #17
cho_888
Regular User

they are crap. full stop. when you live with about 20 billion of them in your street it gets a tad boring even if it is the top end hsv with a few spoilers and what not.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:31 AM   #18
dingo
Regular User

^ because a car is popular makes it crap......that doesn't make much sense.
I doubt that you would see as many HSV Coupes as you say in a single street, let alone the entire country.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #19
sikx5
Regular User

GTO - shutup dude, there not fucken ferraris mate, get over it. There are also many tools such as yourself thinking your the ducks nuts in a WRX too, fucken wankers. nice way to bring up a old post :fist:
Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 AM   #20
bmwmpower
Regular User

evo, holden is muscle car
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:14 AM   #21
DUNKiNUTS

I agree with sikx5
DUNKiNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #22
GTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by sikx5
GTO - shutup dude, there not fucken ferraris mate, get over it. There are also many tools such as yourself thinking your the ducks nuts in a WRX too, fucken wankers.
Just because you got your ass beat at the lights by these cars. Typical wimpy teenager can't confront them because you have no balls and get you'd ass kicked, so you have to act like little bitch here to vent your frustrations. Save for your psychiatrist, I’m here to talk about the cars and not your problems.

Man up, FFS.

Exactly, its intresting to see another design phiolosophy. Thats why I called the Coupe 4 a work in progress, what they've learned making this car will trickel down to the other models, perhaps. Plus the Coupe 4 is an auto
Old 10-23-2004, 06:48 AM   #23
neilo63
Regular User

This has become like a bloody Holden vs Ford debate, at least when those fan boys argue they compare the same class of car.
The coupe 4 is just a touring V8 muscle car with AWD so it grips and handles better. Holden is planning to have AWD in all commodore variants in the new VE Zeta architecture - this is a lead up to it.
The evo is a street going 4clyTurbo rally car it weighs a few hundred kilos less, has four doors and is built for the track while the holden is built for wide open roads.
Why bother 'versing' them, just because they both have AWD?...
neilo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:17 AM   #24
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by GTO
GTO - shutup dude, there not fucken ferraris mate, get over it. There are also many tools such as yourself thinking your the ducks nuts in a WRX too, fucken wankers.
Just because you got your ass beat at the lights by these cars. Typical wimpy teenager can't confront them because you have no balls and get you'd ass kicked, so you have to act like little bitch here to vent your frustrations. Save for your psychiatrist, I’m here to talk about the cars and not your problems.

Man up, FFS.

Exactly, its intresting to see another design phiolosophy. Thats why I called the Coupe 4 a work in progress, what they've learned making this car will trickel down to the other models, perhaps. Plus the Coupe 4 is an auto
hahahaha little do you know jackass, we've had STI's and WRX's and have gotten a fair understanding about them, engine rebuilds, bodywork. and thats something you obviously cant afford driving around in a WRX wagon trying to race everything with a set of alloys. "yeah man im cool, watch me take this civic". Your a knob dude. Get a Real rally car then come and talk.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #25
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Well Im a car guy and I can appreciate any car made regardless of where its made, what badge is on it etc.....I like both cars.....The American version of the HSV coupe got good marks for build quality...It favorably compared to the M5..Any car than can go toe to toe with an M5 without someone busting out laughing is a serious automobile....If people would just remove there bias when judging a car they would enjoy a greater range of cars instead of just being a lemming and liking the easy choise..Heres a pick of the upcoming GTO Judge...I could see myself buying this over the EVO. BTW it has 500hp Hopefully it will look just like this on production...

Old 10-24-2004, 08:58 PM   #26
GTO
Regular User

hahahaha little do you know jackass, we've had STI's and WRX's
There are also many tools such as yourself thinking your the ducks nuts in a WRX too, fucken wankers.