Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 01-29-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
noosee
Regular User

Default Car 02.04 Top 40 cars of 2004

The first article from next month car magazine.
Not all pages included and not all of them are good quality.

noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #2
Fleischmann
Regular User

Just finished reading it. THX a lot I do have one question however... the author of the article claims that the DB9 engine is a detuned version of the "Vanquish's 525BHP engine". I don't understand...I thought it had 460...
Old 01-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
ferrari550
Regular User

the Vanquish has 460hp right now, maybe that is a hint of what is coming because the new marenello should be out soon.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:31 PM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

I worked for Ford a couple of years ago, on powertrain development (specifically a stillborn variable displacement V10 for the Navigator), the guys downstairs were working on the Vanquish engine. I went and took a look at their test numbers at their dynamometer cells (they had 3). When they ran the engines for the first time, they were all putting out something between 495 and 505 bhp at the crank, but unfortunately it was a little bit unreliable, so the production cars only got 460...however, this obviously means that the engine is capable of more power, and now that the DB9 is within 10bhp of the production Vanquish, I would imagine that Aston is going to have to do something to stratify the Vanquish from the DB9...look out 575!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote