Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 01-26-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
cho_888
Regular User

Default Motor - Bugatti in a lambo

Old 01-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
zevolv
Regular User

That's pretty interesting you can definitely tell that car has been messed with. Why did they do that anyway? why not just test the engine in a Veyron. It doesn't make too much sense, it's not like the whole world has seen the car before. Off topic: that Lancer is called the RalliArt in the States. And only 100 EVO's and you have to wait till next year? that sucks.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:21 PM   #3
cho_888
Regular User

i have got a whole artilce thats pages long on teh evo 8 do you want it?
Old 01-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
zevolv
Regular User

Sure I could always add more to my collection. I've bought everything I've seen with the EVO 8 in it and some older EVO's
Old 01-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

maan that is some sick article!!! thanx
Old 01-27-2004, 12:11 AM   #6
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by zevolv
That's pretty interesting you can definitely tell that car has been messed with. Why did they do that anyway? why not just test the engine in a Veyron. It doesn't make too much sense, it's not like the whole world has seen the car before. Off topic: that Lancer is called the RalliArt in the States. And only 100 EVO's and you have to wait till next year? that sucks.
They didn't use a Veyron for testing because its still pretty early in the development cycle. They have prototypes built, but they are still learning about those, while the Diablo is 10+ years old and they know a lot more about it, its much easier to work with something you know, basically. And they want a 'beater' that they can just thrash without worry, they might not be so comfortable driving one of the first 5 Veyrons like maniacs, but if its a Diablo, its 'who cares if you wreck it'.

Cool article btw.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:36 AM   #7
ben
Regular User

man this car looks crazy. i hope it actually sees the light of day unlike the tvr speed 12 which had over 700 hp. what exacly is a W engine. i was wondering about that ever scince i heard the bentely continental had one.
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:38 AM   #8
zevolv
Regular User

A W is two V's put together they have really good graphics of it on Bugati's website
Also I saw an article in a Magazine a while ago with a Veyron spinning out and almost hit a wall. so I'm pretty sure they are testing them. I think the magazine was Sport Compact Car.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:47 AM   #9
cho_888
Regular User

Originally Posted by ben
man this car looks crazy. i hope it actually sees the light of day unlike the tvr speed 12 which had over 700 hp. what exacly is a W engine. i was wondering about that ever scince i heard the bentely continental had one.
mate you do realise this isnt what it will look like? It will look much different this is a lambo shell with tis engine. so the looks really dont matter in this shot.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:00 AM   #10
jinxed84
Regular User

the power is to be "delivered in a way that will not scare the driver witless" hmm, if i bought that car, i would want it to scare the piss out of me, its got 1000hp, i wouldnt have any illusions about it being tame.

but for the sake of the transmission, ehh screw that if you can afford a million dollar car, you can replace the tranny every week too.
jinxed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:43 AM   #11
cho_888
Regular User

yes i agree but it would be a major pain in the arse. What sort of a clutch will it use?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:21 PM   #12
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by zevolv
A W is two V's put together they have really good graphics of it on Bugati's website
Also I saw an article in a Magazine a while ago with a Veyron spinning out and almost hit a wall. so I'm pretty sure they are testing them. I think the magazine was Sport Compact Car.
Maybe close calls like that give them even more reason not to use the real & very expensive Veyrons for hard testing...

Originally Posted by cho_888
yes i agree but it would be a major pain in the arse. What sort of a clutch will it use?
Hopefully a very, very strong clutch

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:40 PM   #13
redbaron
Regular User

They made 3 of these in Wolfsburg, but they've crashed 2 of them because of the power 2,5 years ago. They both crashed on the VW-factory terrain.
One crashed when the driver wanted to avoid a crash with a lorry and floored the pedal... And another was crashed into another car, because the driver didn't expected such an acceleration...
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #14
yg60m
Regular User

They made 3 of these in Wolfsburg, but they've crashed 2 of them because of the power 2,5 years ago. They both crashed on the VW-factory terrain.
One crashed when the driver wanted to avoid a crash with a lorry and floored the pedal... And another was crashed into another car, because the driver didn't expected such an acceleration...
Are you sure about that ? Never heard this and i read a lot of rumors on the Veyron, about the weight, the fact that it won't be produced, the engine problems, the transmission problems ... Wait and see. The first delivery should be in April.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:07 PM   #15
redbaron
Regular User

I'm not 100% sure, I wasn't there at the moment. But I heard it from a VW-developer, who was involved in the project, when I asked where those Diablo's were. Maybe they've made 2 and rebuild a crashed one, but that's almost a new one, because crashes with this power are serious ones....
And yes there were many many problems...
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote