Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #31
philip
Regular User

Why would the Australian lottery use a bank in Africa to release the money. And if you really did win, why would you be disqualified for telling someone, or in this case reposting the letter on the web?

At least this letter was written by an English speaker, as opposed to the other letters which sometimes just seem to be a collection of words.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #32
Mattk
Regular User

^It's not an Australian company. Limited liability companies in Australia do not attach 'Inc.' to the end of their names. Instead, we use Pty Ltd, P/L or simply Ltd, depending on whether it is a private or publically-listed company.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
^It's not an Australian company. Limited liability companies in Australia do not attach 'Inc.' to the end of their names. Instead, we use Pty Ltd, P/L or simply Ltd, depending on whether it is a private or publically-listed company.
I think you miss the point of a "scam" - if the mark is foolish enough to fall for the scam, then the "details" of the fake company are alos going to be over looked
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #34
gatot
Regular User

Stupid enough to believe that .
gatot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #35
Lightbane
Regular User

How do you know thats a scam? Isn't it possible that some Austrialian Lottery program that you never entered has decided to give you free money? Maybe its set up by some Ultra-Rich old guy who has decided in his advancing years that rather than leave the money to his horrible children he will spread the wealth to those more deserving. And ofcourse the natural way to do this is by randomly picking E-mails. Duh!

Free money is cool.
Lightbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #36
gatot
Regular User

Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
How do you know thats a scam? Isn't it possible that some Austrialian Lottery program that you never entered has decided to give you free money? Maybe its set up by some Ultra-Rich old guy who has decided in his advancing years that rather than leave the money to his horrible children he will spread the wealth to those more deserving. And ofcourse the natural way to do this is by randomly picking E-mails. Duh!

Free money is cool.

Hahahaha... Nice story. Poor old rich guy with gorgeous sexy 17 years old wife, search for young poor guy who have email!
Come to papa! and hug mama! Drooling....
gatot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

This one is so much easier, no bank info needed... the money is in an ATM card...

Hmm - I wonder if that local DHL office will tkahe my $300 bucks

Attn: Parcel bearer,
This is to notify you of a parcel containing an ATM card worth $1.5
Million Dollars issued to us by one Mrs.Brenda Howell in your favor. She is
presently not in the country.She has authorized us to issue it to you. She
left in our office your email to enable us inform you so you can come for claim
immediately.
You are required to fill in the below form for confirmation of claim:
Full Name: Delivery Address: Age: Occupation: Phone
Note: You are only responsible for DHL security keeping fee $320 USD as
she has already made payment for the delivery of your parcel.
Position: Dispatch Officer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +2348070564010
Old 08-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #38
philip
Regular User

$320 I have to fork out to get 1.5 million. I dont know sounds kind of risky, especially since it doesn't mention Nigeria. Most of the free millions I get comes from Nigeria and they don't require money upfront.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Here's a better one - I am 1 of 10 lucky winners ... again.. can you believe it??

Dear Beneficiary

We are please to announce you as one of the 10 lucky winners in the Euro Milliones Lottery International Email Address draw on the 20th of July,2008,due to the mixture of names and address the result was released on the 4th August,2008.
All 10 winning addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international email addresses.Your email address emerged alongside with 9 others as a category 2 winner in the Euro Milliones Lottery Draw.
Consequently,you have therefore been approved for a total pay out of Ђ546,924,56C, ((FIVE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SIX THOUSAND, NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR EUROS, FIFTY SIX CENTS.The following particulars are attached to your lotto payment order:

(I) Batch No: EML/8889 /MMP
(ii) Ticket No : 12-37-40-47-49
(iii ) Lucky No : 6 -11-8-12-24
(iv) Ref No: EGS/8824649/104
The Euro Milliones Lottery Program internet draw is held once in a year,and is so organized to encourage the use of the internet and computers worldwide.We are proud to say that over 200 Million Euros are won annually in more than 150 countries worldwide.
To claim your winning prize you are to contact the appointed agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:

NAME. DR. CAESAR SANCHEZ REYES
FOREIGN SERVICES MANAGER (OVERSEA ADMINISTRATIONS)
ISLANDERS AGENCIA S.A MADRID ESPAСA
TEL: +34 699 250 050
EMAIL: [email protected]
Then you will be informed by your agent on how your Cashier's Check for the sum which has already been deposited with your email contact.We use this opportunity to thank all our Sponsors/Contributors of this program:Heineken,Sony,master card,Vodafone,play station,Ford.
You are automatically di squalified if you are below 18 years of age.This E-mail message (including attachments,if any)is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain Information that is privileged,proprietary,confidential and exempted from disclosure.

Sincerely Yours,
Mrs Sandra Amparo
PROMOTION CORDINATOR.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:22 AM   #40
Mattk
Regular User

YAHOO INTERNET LOTTERY
CONGRATULATIONS!
YOU WON £300 000!

Yahoo! Mail gives members random cash prizes. Today, your account is randomly selected as the one of 5 top winners accounts who will get cash prizes from us.We are happy to inform you that you have won a prize money of (Three Hundred Thousand Great Britian Pounds sterling (300,000)for the month of August 2008. Lottery win promotion which is organized by yahoo messenger .com every month.

YAHOO, collects all the mail ID of the people that are online on internet, among the millions that subscribe to Online we only select five people every month as our winners through electronic balloting System without the winner applying,we are congratulating you for been one of the people selected.All participant were selected through a computer balloting system drawn from Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually.

This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomorate of some multinational companies as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the commmunities where they have operational base.

Further more your details(e-mail address) falls within our British representative office in United Kingdom , as indicated in your play coupon and your prize of £300,000 will be released to you from this regional branch office in UK.
We hope with part of your prize, you will participate in our end of year high stakes for US$1.3 Billion international draw.

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE

These are your identification numbers..........

Batch number.......................Lwh 09445
Lotto number........................Lwh09446
Winning number...................Lwh09447

To begin your claims, kindly contact our fiduciary agent company at this email address: [email protected]

You are required to forward her with the following details:
Her name is Grace Adams

1.FULL NAME
2.COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
3.PRESENT ADDRESS
4.SEX
5.DATE OF BIRTH
6.AGE
7.OCCUPATION
8.TELEPHONE NUMBER
9.FAX NUMBER(IF ANY)
10.MARITAL STATUS
11.WINNING NUMBER,BATCH NUMBER AND LOTTO NUMBER.
12 THE MONTH YOU WON............................................... .........

As soon as you contact her,she will advise you on what to do in order to get your prize money.Congratulations once more!!

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by non-participant or unofficial personnel.

Yours Sincerely,

SMITH WILLIAMS
LOTTO CO-ORDINATOR.

This is from Yahoo. It must be official!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 AM   #41
dr vinyl
Regular User

I tought this was a joke..

Nigerian man to divorce 82 wives - but keep four

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7591037.stm
dr vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Back to basics.. the good old "I have money, send me you rinfo and I will tell you more"

[email protected]

Dear Sir,

I am a financial consultant based in cote d'lvoire.I have a client a widow she has USDM35,000,000 with a private equity investment trust company for safe keeping only.

Please get back to me so that i will give you more information.

Best Regards.

Barrister John Alozie

- John Alozie
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #43
10000rpmlover
Regular User

I have been getting some of these, my brother in law (who is top level homeland security) told me that they tried to scam one of his agents but did not tell me what happened after that... I probably don't want to know, but it would be great to counter attack these morons, thanx for that 419eater link

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote