Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #16
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by redheaded stepchild
i love toyota's trucks better then any other ...
maybe because i had one .....

the dash and the speedo looks cool 8) ..
congrats 8) 8)
What year was yours? I like the old school ones from like the 90's.

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
You can always throw everyone in the back of the truck

You do know that the X-Runner can out handle a 350z right?
You gotta be fucking kidding me man! Thats insane! I never would have thought of that. Out perform sure why not but out handle as well? DAMN!
Sorry excuse my excitement.
Well, in the right hands it could

It pulls 0.9g's in the corners and has a quick slalom..

http://www.trucktrend.com/oftheyear/.../x_runner.html

Yeah I googled after I read about it here and was impressed.

Originally Posted by T-Bird
If your worried about MPG you shouldn'tbe getting a truck period. I have a measly 3.5Liter DOHC VQ35 V6 in my truck yet I manage a decent 12-14 mpg on a good day yet my buddy with a 5.9 360ci V8 Durango manages roughly the same. simply because his truck works less than mine to get the same speed. the MPG on the sticker is bogus.

Well I wanted a truck and one that gave sorta good gas mileage. We arnet really that much worried about MPG but when you get only 12-13 MPG that kinda sucks. I know that the MPG on the sticker is bogus but its a bit close to the real thing. I might be getting 15-16 MPG which is good compared to 12 you know.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
10-years warranty........ :shock: :shock: They do believe in their reliability!

I'm not that into trucks - but as far as it seems... looks nice - and 236hp is not a bad amount of power!

BTW - isn't it too big for a 16yo guy?? I started myself in a Toyota 4Runner V6... and God - I really needed to get used to its size after learning with a tiny Peugeot 205!
My dad says its always good to get the warranty incase something happens. Yes the truck is big for a 16 year old... its also a pain in the ASS to park the fucking thing! I have been driving for a year now so I mean I am used to it but it was sorta hard at first when we first got it.

The original plan is that I get the truck after summers done which will be about in a month and my dad gets mom some sort of damn SUV's which I hate! So far he test drove the Lexus RX400h, Mercedes R350 and Porsche Cayaana which he doesnt like. It between the RX and R350 now I think. And for him I really have no clue what is wants so I will have to ask him. They might just share the SUV for a while until he finds something he likes.

The Tacoma is a torquey light weight (its a Toyota) truck. I'm sure he can get 22mpg taking it eeasy on the highway..
Yeah on the high way I can eaisly manage 20 - 21 MPG.

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Tourqe per Toyota says 266lb/ft
My truck has basically the same weight plus 150 lbs and basically the exact same power ratings I would gander take atleast 3mpg if not more from the rating, remember this is Toyota we are talking about they are pretty famous for over exagerating their MPG ratings. granted I have 4.11's and you only have 3.73's somileage is slightly lower but I can get up and go faster.
Yes Toyota is know for lying about their MPG. If you dont mind me asking what kinda truck you got?
BTW I think the truck might have more toruqe compared to what toyota has stated on the site because it is pretty quick up hill. but then again I can just be wrong. It has a pretty huge engine. Right now my dads gone to visit the contractor or else I would go and take a few shots of the engine.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #17
T-Bird
Regular User

A 4.0 V6 isn't that huge but yes it probably is a decent sized engine look at my 3.5V6 compared to my 4.6 V8 and the V6 looks bigger do to the almost 90* angle that the V is at. The reason your truck feels like it has soo much torque is because of the gearing I mentioned before 3.73's are pretty agressive gears that's a common gear in muscle cars to put more torque to the ground through torque multiplication you actually put more down than the engine produces in theory it'shard to explain.

BTW I have an 01 pathfinder SE off-road package. So far it has a new intake and no mufflers. And it has a few battle scars from off-road adventures.

Oh and the parking thing is nothing, try reverse parking a lowered widebody NSX inbetween 2 MDX's and a pillar. I have a hell of a time racking up regular NSX's, oh and realise some of these cars have stage 2-3 clutches, NOT FUN!
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:38 AM   #18
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Oh I get what you are saying now T-Bird. Thanks very much for clearing that up. I bet that NSX was badass one of my dream cars and favorite car to use to race in games. I would just put it in neutral and have some friends push it in place.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:59 AM   #19
saadie
Regular User

i had an 2002 it had very less luxurys .... it was actually used in my uncles factory most of the times

i love the ones from the 80's .. remember the one used in back to the future .... that thing was brutal 8)
Old 07-21-2006, 06:13 AM   #20
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

i have to say we have very different taste so i seems.. at 30K.. that wouldn't be even be in my top 100 choices.. unless you really have a use for a truck, i dont see the point..
but what ever makes you happy congrats

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #21
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by redheaded stepchild

i had an 2002 it had very less luxurys .... it was actually used in my uncles factory most of the times

i love the ones from the 80's .. remember the one used in back to the future .... that thing was brutal 8)
Yes we got the less luxury one as well. No need for leather in a truck in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Erez
i have to say we have very different taste so i seems.. at 30K.. that wouldn't be even be in my top 100 choices.. unless you really have a use for a truck, i dont see the point..
but what ever makes you happy congrats
Well a sports car was out of the question until I get to college. Insurance is a bitch in my neck of the woods that for sure. We have a use for the truck so we got that instead of the planned minivan. I however must say the Lancer Evo or WRX STI didnt even cross my mind.