Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-30-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
hemi_fan
Regular User

Default UPDATED PICS!!

WHAT A FUN WEEKEND I HAD!! ops: ops:
driving along, got distracted by friends... and BLAM hit a parked 300CE (I think) sitting there... There goes my car afteronly 4 months, damage doesnt look too bad, but to avoid insurrance skyrocketing im payin for everything. $10,000 worth in total, and seeing as i only make $7000 a year its quite the blow to my wallet!! Life goes on i guess, but i had to hit a mercedes...

[/img]

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
jpatino03
Regular User

Dude that sucks ass, it might be less of a blow to your wallet if you let the insurance pay for it. When my friends get annoying, I drop it down a gear and floor it, it usually shuts them up.
Sorry to hear about the mustang.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:59 PM   #3
T-Bird
Regular User

seriously it might be better to let the insurance to take care of it in terms of your cash flow $10,000 is alot of cash
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Dude that sucks ass, it might be less of a blow to your wallet if you let the insurance pay for it. When my friends get annoying, I drop it down a gear and floor it, it usually shuts them up

dude sorry bout the Stang :cry: damn it had to be a MB
Old 07-30-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
hemi_fan
Regular User

You would think that $10000 would hurt a lot, but if i allow the insurrance to take care of it, my rates will go up about $4000/year, so really i'll be paying more. That's why ive decided to take this route. I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Old 07-30-2004, 10:06 PM   #6
jpatino03
Regular User

Yeah, insurance companies are there solely to rob you with outrageous rates, it sucks, but its part of life. Seriously though, you should reconsider paying it yourself, your rates will go down again in time, and you may find yourself needing some of that $10000 for something else.

Old 07-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #7
hemi_fan
Regular User

Well, heres the breakdown of the damage:
Mercedes - Estimated $6000
Ford - Estimated $3000
Careless Driving Ticket + Lawyer to fight it - $1000

My car does not have collision coverage because its just too outrageously expensive (like $3000 extra per year for a $4500 car), The ticket and lawyer also would obviously not be covered by insurrance either. So the only thing they would pay for is the Merc, which in a year and a half I'd pay back anyways, Plus the rates would stay much higher for at least a few more years after that. The route im taking, instead of paying off the insurrance company over those years, I pay back my father over probably the same time period but I pay less because of the way they charge. This is by far the cheapest route, and the people we hit were even nice enough to allow a family friend to repair their car, so i also get a discount there... The main thing is that I want to be back on the road for next summer with affordable rates, thats all i really care about. You know ur poor when u get in a fender bender and cant drive for a year lol

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Old 07-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #8
jpatino03
Regular User

I know how you feel. I'll probably get my license yanked for a few months in a couple of days because of the fascist traffic laws in this country, and I have to pay for school too, so I'll probably have to take myself off the policy.

Old 07-30-2004, 10:47 PM   #9
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Wow That is pretty bad.

For one If I had a car I would not have my buddies in it. If they were in the car. Trust me they would not even consider distracting me. I would go ballistic if they did.

Anyway 10 000G is a lot of money. And I say your buddies should pay up!
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:52 PM   #10
T-Bird
Regular User

take out a student loan and worry about it when you are done with college that's always an alternative.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:59 PM   #11
bmagni
Regular User

Careless Driving Ticket + Lawyer to fight it - $1000
hahaha....
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:24 AM   #12
TT
Regular User

Dang I'm really sorry to read this
Old 07-31-2004, 10:09 AM   #13
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I like it how you listed your new mods. I'm really sorry for you, man. Insurance companies are fucking bitches. We should burn down all insurance companies, because they're really worthless pieces of shit. I swear if one day I'll get to drive behind a McLaren F1 or a Ferrari Enzo or some other outrageously expensive car I'll crash into it at the stop light, to give my insurance company a bill to die for. Those fuckers! :fist:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:41 AM   #14
sameerrao
Regular User

Sorry man! I feel for you!

Just a question, even if you pay for it yourself w/o involving the insurance agencies would you still get penalty points for the careless driving ticket. What are the chances that you can avoid the ticket at court...

Meaning ... is the insurance company going to raise your tab anyway? If so, then they might as well pay for the damage

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:03 PM   #15
mindgam3
Regular User

yeah surely your insurance is going to go up anyway because of your careless driving conviction?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote