Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Top Gear - S12 EP2 - 9th November, 2008 - Discussion

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May travel to the US to take three new generation muscle cars on an epic road trip from San Francisco to the heart of Utah. And after the excitement of their last American road trip, this time they do their best to avoid letting a mob of angry locals pelt them with rocks. Meanwhile, back in the UK Jeremy tests the feisty new Fiat 500 Abarth and pop idol Will Young is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
pitfield
Regular User

I cannot wait, I'm in America though, is it on here? iPlayer won't work.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
I cannot wait, I'm in America though, is it on here? iPlayer won't work.

I am sure some friends in the UK will help by passing the goods onto some of our swashbuckling, rum drinking, sword fighting, sailing for loot types here in the USA.

so I say, ARRR ARRR, yo-ho-ho a pirate's life for me

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
The Stig
Regular User

I hope it will be as entertaining as the one of the season 9
Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
5vz-fe
Regular User

Can't believe May hate the CTS-V.

The Supercharged V8 is damn addicting!!!!! If only each of GM's lineup is having an equal treatment, they won't be in such trouble.

Clarkson "Are you listening Ferrari....THIS IS A MASTER PIECE!!!"

One serious flaw on this episode is that there's no track time for the cars...only salt flats, which only the Dodge is made for

EDIT (Too bad potential ZR-1 buyers are not bothered much by the economy and that it is still at 150k on ebay)

Last edited by 5vz-fe; 11-09-2008 at 10:04 PM.
5vz-fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
fabro_s
Regular User

Were can I download the new season episodes???, we will not have them here in motorworld like always???

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 AM   #7
10000rpmlover
Regular User

I am wondering why they have not tested a camaro yet? do you think they may get to it before the end of the series?

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:08 AM   #8
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

What a truly epic episode. Loved watching James mashing on the caddy and jezza powersliding the zr1 through those corners. I just cant believe how Top Gear never ceases to kick ass. I hope new episodes continue to pour out when I have children of my own to share it with. This one I will watch many times over, especially the fact that ive driven from San Jose to Denver on 50 twice now. This episode was close to home.

Last edited by MidEngine4Life; 11-10-2008 at 04:14 AM.
MidEngine4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
Run_A_Mock
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life View Post
This episode was close to home.
That was dreadful I'm sorry, thats like taking a shopping cart down a hill and thinking we're in a soap-box derby. Sorry mate the Scion is just too afeminate.
Run_A_Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
Can't believe May hate the CTS-V.

The Supercharged V8 is damn addicting!!!!! If only each of GM's lineup is having an equal treatment, they won't be in such trouble.

Clarkson "Are you listening Ferrari....THIS IS A MASTER PIECE!!!"

One serious flaw on this episode is that there's no track time for the cars...only salt flats, which only the Dodge is made for

EDIT (Too bad potential ZR-1 buyers are not bothered much by the economy and that it is still at 150k on ebay)
He hated it at first because it's not a typical caddilac but later in the episode he was starting to like it
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
5vz-fe
Regular User

^yeah...It's no traditional Caddy, but we have the STS (or DTS) to satisfy those customers.

The CTS-V is like the IS-F of Lexus.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by Run_A_Mock View Post
That was dreadful I'm sorry, thats like taking a shopping cart down a hill and thinking we're in a soap-box derby. Sorry mate the Scion is just too afeminate.
Its a good looking car that's also great value. It was nice to have a reliable and comfortable car that I could drive my friends and my things around in, unlike my previous Porsche and Fiero's. I admit it was a bit of a bore to drive which is why I sold it, but I dont regret owning it, in fact most people I know say I should have kept it. In any case I love my new STi. What do you drive?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #13
Run_A_Mock
Regular User

Its a good looking car that's also great value. It was nice to have a reliable and comfortable car that I could drive my friends and my things around in, unlike my previous Porsche and Fiero's. I admit it was a bit of a bore to drive which is why I sold it, but I dont regret owning it, in fact most people I know say I should have kept it. In any case I love my new STi. What do you drive?
I understand what your talking about but there are plenty of other cars on the market that are just as qualified that are not so boring and actually have a soul, not to mention the fact that front-wheel drive is the work of satan.

I live in Minneapolis and I've driven the route as well, if I were to 'speed' test it I'd take a Porsche- in fact I've gone to ESPNs speed week its a blast but doing it at 140 is just sad.

2008 Mercedes C300 Sport--its an insane car (quality and curb appeal), but I would never suggest the AMG C-Class. Hammond got it right in saying its a bad car.
Run_A_Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #14
79TA
Regular User

This was an enjoyable episode and I found it kind of appropriate that the state department recognized that they were hardly documentary makers. The running joke worked quite well for this episode. I really wonder what they got for tickets in terms of cost and driving record. Why on earth did Clarkson leave his ZR1 in the right lane during their little burnout contest? Perhaps if he'd have moved it a bit, May wouldn't have panicked and put the Caddy in the bush.

When I followed this logic, I bought my Oldsmobile for 1k and called it done. Same 7.8 second 0-60 time too . . .
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
jpga
Regular User

HELP!!! Please please please post Top Gear videos! I don't get Top Gear where I am and all this talk of Corvettes and Cadillacs is making my mouth water!
jpga is offline   Reply With Quote