Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-06-2006, 04:02 AM   #91
nickthaskater

lol telling me to grow up... Whatever man, enjoy being a dick.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:06 AM   #92
lorbmw69
Regular User

you may not like it but there is no need to be dick about it. grow up

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #93
Napolis
Regular User

The nose is quite different. The inlet size is different as is it's shape. The entire cross section is more curved as is the shape of the head lights. The vanishing point is different.The front fenders are more curved. The entire car is a lot different which is quite apparent when one compares the car to the styling mode as opposed to spouting things that are not true. The stying model is 8 months old and as I've said it evolved considerably as a result of what we learned in the wind tunnel and esthetic reasons.

As an aside these changes have also resulted in lower drag and more balanced aerodynamics which make P 4/5 the fastest road legal Ferrari ever built with a 0-100 kph very close to 3 seconds and a top speed of 240 mph. (See the Car and Driver article)

Your implication that people who've posted opinions here contrary to yours is simply because Ferrari has decided that the car is worthy to carry their badges is sad and pathetic. Insulting people simply because they have an opposite opinion than you speaks for itself.
Napolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #94
kjekki
Regular User

:shock: :shock:

this car is absolutly amazing.. and when it maybe will be better than the enzo to drive it certanly is a GREAT car!!

damn, love it, absolutly one of the sexyest modern cars...

people like jim really diserves a BIG thank you
kjekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:44 AM   #95
Napolis
Regular User

Auto Express Web site has new photo's
Napolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #96
bmagni
Regular User

thnx !

will you take it to the NAIAS ???
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #97
Kulstad
Regular User

This makes me think of some wild cars like Edonis. I like it.
Kulstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #98
caru
Regular User

After reading this car board a while I have come to this conclusion none would have said that this is a great looking car unless it wouldn't have a Ferrari mark in it and that's for sure!

I have seen better looking cars in here that people say it's utter rubbish...

Saying that this car is going to be very fast is correct but if it wouldn't have been a ferrari then here wouldn't have been any nice opinions about the car.

I know the owner is here but I just can't take it that people say it's awesome just because it's a Ferrari.
caru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #99
RC45
Regular User

I read the magazine article - and correct me if I got the wrong impression, but the car was an idea Pininfarinna came up with, then went looking to find a wealthy Tifosi interested in participating in the project (meaning - would you pay for our experiement).

It was not borne of someone calling up Pinifarinna and saying "Build me the baddest car in the universe".

Now about the car itself, it looks good, but not awesome.

If it was "my" project, I would have gone for something that looked a lot closer to the P3/P4 - but its not my project, so int hat context its awesome.

I also feel had the car been badged a Corvette people would line up to take turns at spitting on it ...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #100
ice
Regular User

Yet more people using the whole "if it was this, then this" garbage. Well, fortunately for us, it is nothing but pure speculation since this is a Ferrari with the design direction of pininfarina. I love it, and it wouldnt matter if it was a fiat bagde on it, its got lines that no car in recent memory has, a silhouette that is downright sexy and details that evoke memories of many different Ferrari's. I mean, no one omplains about the GTO breadvan of the 60's, but the world would be a darker place if it was never made.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #101
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I also feel had the car been badged a Corvette people would line up to take turns at spitting on it ...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #102
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
There you go - you've managed to fuckup yet another thread single handedly.

Let's rephase...

I also feel had the car been badged anything except Ferrari people would line up to take turns at spitting on it ...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #103
R8audi
Regular User

This makes me think of some wild cars like Edonis.
I agree... although, it reminds me more of a noble M12... Large proportions and a stubby rear.

I must be honest, I'm not such a huge fan. As an engineering project, sure it's great, but ferrari draws on a base of passionate racing heritage when designing and building cars, and this to me, is a bit of an imposter.
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #104
Everlasting
Regular User

Ferrari P4/5 Pebble Beach Unveiling

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #105
stradale
Regular User

I read the magazine article - and correct me if I got the wrong impression, but the car was an idea Pininfarinna came up with, then went looking to find a wealthy Tifosi interested in participating in the project (meaning - would you pay for our experiement).

It was not borne of someone calling up Pinifarinna and saying "Build me the baddest car in the universe".
I don't know which article you're referring to, but that doesn't sound right to me. Why would Jim Glickenhaus own the rights to the design if that was the case? If this would have been Pininfarina's idea I doubt it would have been a modern interpretation of the 330 P3/4. Anyway, I think Jim is the right person to provide a conclusive answer on this.

Rightly so. Wouldn't you spit on a Corvette trying to impersonate a Ferrari?