Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

View Poll Results: THE F1 MODERATOR RACE : Who would you like to see as the next JW F1 moderator
Ronin005 0 0%
toronto 0 0%
stracing 0 0%
mindgam3 0 0%
sameerrao 0 0%
283 100.00%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:58 AM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

That was a very well presented post...in particular I am indeed very interested in fresh ideas for the section.

I don't think more that one moderator for the section would make any sense but what about if you all had a month each...then we decide who should be the permanent moderator for the section ?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #17
No.1
Regular User

Nice idea Jabba

I would love to be moderator for F1, but my interest has waned recently , let's hope the British GP can revive my love for F1 and ferrari in particular
Old 07-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

I don't think more that one moderator for the section would make any sense but what about if you all had a month each...then we decide who should be the permanent moderator for the section ?
I think one moderator is more than enough.

Personally I would go with the vote system. It might cause too much chaos if everyone who is nominated rules for a month - too many changes proposed and might cause some wrangling later on ---> "my idea was better than yours ..."

To show that I intend to support the group whether I win or not, I am going open up another post with my ideas so far for improving the section. Let whoever wins use this ideas to the benefit of all.

I will contribute the same way whether I win or lose so it doesnt matter. I think the section would be in good hands one way or the other....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #19
Jabba
Regular User

Ok as I understand it the people that WOULD like to be considered for the job are as follows :

Ronin005, toronto, stracing ,mindgam3 and sameerrao

The first three with the highest votes 48 hours from now will all get a month each to run the section. Then we will run another vote to decide who gets the job permanently.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:19 AM   #20
sikx5
Regular User

dude go with sameerrao. He has incredible knowledge on f1, just read some of his posts, i dont know where he gets his information from. Very well informed and hes correct too. He knows his F1 for sure.

I was going to nominate him but hes already done it
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #21
mindgam3
Regular User

Sounds good to me. Althought the chances of me gainig a place are slim, F1 is of great interest to me and i too have a few ideas for the forum that id like to put forward sometime that could possibly be considered.

For example:
:arrow: A more structured race review
:arrow: seperate timing tables for qualifying/race
:arrow: A more detailed constructors and drivers standings table
:arrow: A technical section for those interested on aspects such as aerodynamics, chassis, tyres and new cars etc
Old 07-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

Well I have tried to give everyone a fair chance regardless of their status and length of time on JW and the last time I checked you were winning
Old 07-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #23
schnell318
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Sounds good to me. Althought the chances of me gainig a place are slim, F1 is of great interest to me and i too have a few ideas for the forum that id like to put forward sometime that could possibly be considered.

For example:
:arrow: A more structured race review
:arrow: seperate timing tables for qualifying/race
:arrow: A more detailed constructors and drivers standings table
:arrow: A technical section for those interested on aspects such as aerodynamics, chassis, tyres and new cars etc

You get my vote for that technical section it would be really interesting. Hope you win
Old 07-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #24
Jabba
Regular User

If this idea works out we may use the same system to find a moderator for the ultimate section...a DEDICATED FERRARI section.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #25
sameerrao
Regular User

If this idea works out we may use the same system to find a moderator for the ultimate section...a DEDICATED FERRARI section.
I am sure that 500 JWites will apply for the post

Who knows, Jean Todt and Luca DiMontezemolo might throw their hats in the ring too. I can see the Jabba response to their nominations - "Hmmm, they show a definite knowledge on Ferrari but have too few posts -- naah Reject. Next please."

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 07-08-2004, 12:01 PM   #26
Jabba
Regular User

HAHHAHAHAH.....ROTFLMAO !!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #27
oscargarza88
Regular User

i think toronto ha always taken this site seriously and well he likes f1 do i think he will b a good moderator, im not sayin that other people wont b but i think toronto is best reagrdless if samerro may know a bit more that him...
and about the ferrari i would love to b te moderator but i bet there r more hardocre ferrari fans out there, so i think another person deserves it more than i do...
Old 07-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #28
Toronto
Regular User

well i just want to add that on sundays i have to be up early to go to work, as well as watch every race, so by the time i am out, i can post the news of who won and loss

Things i would do...
clean up the forums (i don't want to see 40+ stickeys in the forum by the end of the season)
F1 media - videos/scans (much like in St. angers forum)
News Thread - Lastest news posted
and much more...

ps: am i allowed to vote for myslef ?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #29
Jabba
Regular User

Yes you are indeed allowed to vote for yourself...I am sure everyone else did
Old 07-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #30
Toronto
Regular User

rather sad, such a big forum and only 16 vote

look like when bernie said the sport is loosing fans he was right ops: