Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-14-2004, 03:15 PM   #46
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Look out for the 24 hour Le-Mans four hour special I am uploaing tommorow presented by Tiff Needell.
Awesome!! It's my last week of internship so I'll use it to use their bandwidth I'm still 30% over my normall limit so...

I'm looking forward to that report, especially since it's presented by Tiff!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #47
coombsie66
Regular User

Just arrived back from lemans 2day, and WE FINISHED!!!!!!!! The morgan survived!!!!
Unfortunately a 2-3 hour stoppage out in the back section due to fuel starvation meant our race was more or less over at 2 am, but neil cunningham managed to syphon some fuel through and limp back to the pits.
Then the car began to have cooling problems, and resulted in regular stoppages to top up the system.
But we got the car through, and the team got the award for best team, as they worked fuckin hard, and it is rightfully theirs.
All the drivers were superb, the car didnt touch the gravel trap once in the whole 24hrs and it was purely bad luck and mechanical problems that set us back.
A big thanks to all involved in the morgan effort, i enjoyed every second.

EDIT: Piccis!!

Oh, and if any of the brits caught all the ITV coverage, the girls in the blue skirts on the morgan on the grid are all me mates, and i was stood behind the wall (i aint pretty enough for the camera!!)!!

Oh and robby coltrane popped into the morgan garage to congratulate the team on their efforts at the end, which was a nice surprise!

Beware to all, LEMANS is addictive, if u go once ur gunna have to go back! I certainly am!!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:14 AM   #48
Jabba
Regular User

All the ITV coverage is being uploaded shortly.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:18 PM   #49
coombsie66
Regular User

My dad recorded it for me, and i watched it over today, there was a nice little section on the british manufacturers TVR and Morgan, but i was very dissapointed at the fact that ITV missed the WHOLE lead up! There was 2 hours of girls and interviews on the grid and the only bit they managed to show was 1 fuckin interview with johnny herbert and Mcnish.
Oh well, the morgan attempt went pretty well, would have nice to been classified, but next year, hopefully with a majour sponsor! we shall be back, and better than ever! We're gunna get those porsches!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #50
Jabba
Regular User

Ful coverage now uploaded :

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=180909#180909
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote