Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-11-2003, 10:19 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default TOP GEAR SAAB 995 REVIEW

http://216.120.243.141/~kscreat/vide...ab%2095%20.zip
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

And thanks again
Old 11-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #3
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Saab 95

Don't get scared. The sound is only missing from the first 10 seconds of the video.

Here's what this bad boy looks like.

There's quite a liitle bit of tire burning in this video, so it's worth downloading. I know most of you say "it's a Saab....it's boring", but this review is worth downloading....after all, it's by Clarkson.

He compares the 95 with the Saab fighter jet....and it turns out the only thing they have in common is a device that switches most of the instrument lights at night.... LMFAO.

To further illustrate the difference between the car and the plane, he brings in the stig, and a Harrier Jet. He puts the car and the plane head to head for a lap around their circuit. The car does it in a second more than a Civic Type R, while the jet does it in ...31.2 seconds...which makes it the fastest "thing" to go around theyr track.

"The rate this thing goes from 40 to 70 mph is just.....HAHAHAHA....sensational!"

"For overtaking a lorry, nevermind a 5 series BMW, this will do it quicker than a Porsche 911 T."

"So, there you are: the Saab 95: good in parts, better in others."

and here's an interesting link to Saab's history:

http://www.saabmuseum.com/95/
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
jon_s
Regular User

I think most of you know my position on the saab 9-5 Aero. I never knew that it was faster than a 911 from 40-70mph!

My only gripe is that it is FWD, if it was RWD, it would be in a different class. As I have said before, on the motorways (which, at the end of the day, is where this car will spend most of its life) it is simply devistating. Show it a corner, and it is shit!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #5
haha604
Regular User

Thx Jabba for the video. The Saab is an interesting car. I think its biggest selling point is its uniqueness. Don't see many Saab's in my city. As for the car I think it has awesome seats, and the dash is pretty interesting. The dash materials though could use a little improvement.

ANd this vid shows that JC (or his script writers) can make car reviews of any car fun to watch. Needs to have big players like BBC to borrow a Harrier from the air force.
haha604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:07 PM   #6
PATo355
Regular User

*MIRRORS*
O
k , talked to Jabba , and here you have a 2nd chance to get the videos

READ FIRST
Just use Internet Explorer or Getright , wont support multiple logins , the link will be up for a week

http://jabbasweek.web1000.com/Top%20...11%2095%20.zip
http://www.flatout-world.net/jw/Top%...52095%2520.zip

DO NOT POST THE LINKS OUTSIDE THIS FORUM , teh servers log the referrers and also the ips .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:31 PM   #7
ferrari550
Regular User

Saab 9-5, not a bad car but i would take a bmw, merc or lexus over this, it is not the kind of style that i would like to have.
the car should be rear wheel drive though, TOO much wheel spin in the twisties!!!
But what i cannot get over is the 40 to 70mph pick up range, faster that a 911 TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is nuts for a 250hp saab.
the 9-5 looks like a nice car but it is just me or has the syle changed much lately, if at all?? but it was still a great video to watch, thanks jabba
Old 11-13-2003, 05:55 PM   #8
jon_s
Regular User

I can't believe the 4-mph-70mph time either, and I have one sitting on the drive. For purely scientific reasons **cough** I might get a video of it going from 40+, anyone want to lend me a 911 Turbo for this test lol
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote