Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
black_magician
Regular User

Default AOL user retention Manual Revealed

first, some background on this.

So here's the summary: "Cancel the account. Cancel the account. Cancel the account. CANCEL THE ACCOUNT. CANCEL THE ACCOUNT. CANCEL THE ACCOUNT. FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST CANCEL THE FUCKING ACCOUNT." After every period, insert a few minutes of AOL CSR John trying to 'help' Vincent somehow figure out a way to keep on paying... generally through the ingratiating method of straight out calling him a liar.
http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/...aol-180392.php

It's amazing that the story has come this far, that Vincent could record his attempt to cancel AOL, that recording would shoot to national TV, and now, a mole has posted incriminating company documents. I thank god I was never an AOL user.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/excl...led-188005.php
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
lorbmw69
Regular User

my mom just canceled her account and she didn't have much of a problem, it took a while, but she got it done.

also they let her keep the email account for free after offering it for 10 bucks a month

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Zot09
Regular User

I've been using AOL for the past 5 years, but we're finally ending their service this September...thank goodness, i've become very tired of all the pop ups that occur when signing on. "Buy this...buy this...buy this..." Damn it, we pay XX amounts of dollars per month, yet they still bombard us with their own fucking advertisements! Fuck AOL.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:39 AM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

Funny As Hell...Thanks for posting
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote