Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 11:54 PM   #31
zevolv
Regular User

If your asking about the Physics books I sold those after I took the class in High School and the Automotive books are Automotive Engine Rebuilding, Automotive Engineering, Automotive Brake Assemblies those are the only ones I still have.
and we covered your P.S. comment
And I know what torque is and I know how to figure it out but the simple equation is just Force*Distance.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:58 PM   #32
Vansquish
Regular User

Yes, the simple equation is FD, but it doesn't make any sense to use it, as in any reasonable application it's far too inaccurate to be of any use.

So how 'bout some pics, I'll post some of mine if you post some of yours.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 02-07-2004, 11:59 PM   #33
zevolv
Regular User

pics of what?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #34
deth
Regular User

obviously your classes werent very advanced if they;re just definign torque as force* distance. if you look at more advanced texts its usually written as Fxd which as vanquish covered is not the same as F.d or F*d or as F.dsin(theta)

WHERE ARE THE PIX!
Old 02-08-2004, 12:02 AM   #35
deth
Regular User

Originally Posted by zevolv
pics of what?
dont be ignorant....well actually u already are...so at least dont be stupid! pix of you and your dad's cars! you postem and if they're real i'll drop this whole argument
Old 02-08-2004, 12:07 AM   #36
zevolv
Regular User

well for a couple of reasons I couldn't do that right now if I wanted to and it definitely wouldn't be to please your sorry ass. 1. I'm not even in the same state as my House and 2. not all my dad's cars are kept at our house right now. And like I posted somewhere else once the snow stops and i bring the car's up to our house I will take pics of them and the new Installs on the Camaro. So you will just have to fuckin wait won't you but that shouldn't stop Vansquish.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:08 AM   #37
Vansquish
Regular User

As for your comment about the Camshafts vs. the Crankshaft, you're right in that case, but your facts are still a bit screwed up. Long-block engines do not by nature have more torque or higher compression. It is something of a coincidence that the large portion of industrial and commercial diesel engines use an inline long-block configuration. However, it is not the block length but the compression, which has more to do with the stroke (and method of aspiration) of the engine than anything else. This would not come from the length of the crankshaft, it would come from the eccentricity of its nodes. The more eccentric, the farther the piston will travel in the cylinder, and the higher the compression ratio can be, and therefore the more torque the engine can produce. Diesels tend to have very high compression ratios compared to gasoline engines, that's where the torque tends to come from, as well as the fact that diesel is a more efficient fuel (more btu/L).

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 02-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #38
Vansquish
Regular User

So you will just have to fuckin wait won't you but that shouldn't stop Vanquish.
Poor guy, you keep slandering another member of JW.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:17 AM   #39
deth
Regular User

Originally Posted by zevolv
well for a couple of reasons I couldn't do that right now if I wanted to and it definitely wouldn't be to please your sorry ass. 1. I'm not even in the same state as my House and 2. not all my dad's cars are kept at our house right now. And like I posted somewhere else once the snow stops and i bring the car's up to our house I will take pics of them and the new Installs on the Camaro. So you will just have to fuckin wait won't you but that shouldn't stop Vanquish.
so u're telling me u're away from home, but u have 2 cars and you didnt take either of them with you? what about that sweet evo u got for xmas? i'm guessing its stored safely at home, and the thunderbird is in storage, and you decided not to take any cars to school so you could save money cuz u're a starving student or something like that right?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:22 AM   #40
zevolv
Regular User

actually I'm in Sacramento for the weekend at My Uncle's house.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #41
deth
Regular User

so u can have pix up on monday then?

PS you flew to sacramento for the weekend? i'm guessing your uncle has an amazing car collection too, but its all in storage too right?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:33 AM   #42
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I smell fire
Old 02-08-2004, 12:33 AM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

god, i wish my dad or myself had a "car collection" oh well....
torque->hp->misinformation->argument->car pic arguments
LMAO
this really is funny, but hell, chill out zev
Old 02-08-2004, 12:36 AM   #44
deth
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
I smell fire
fire? where?! :roll: let me go put it out w/ my carbon fibre/kevlar fire extinguisher! oh wait..its in storage..damn....
Old 02-08-2004, 01:03 AM   #45
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Zevlol you lying bastard.

1st- How in the fuck did you get 500bhp on a fucking Thunder Bird? I dont see modified anywhere so it gotta be stock. And it has 500bhp? Or is it a special one off like your daddys Maxime Elite Edition? Where in the fuck did he get an Elite Edition Maxima? Im sure he got it straight from the Nissan factory.

Now to questions

How do you turn of yaw control in your EVO?

And what tranny are you running on that Drag Strip Camaro of yours?

And I see your mother drives a 20th aniversiry golf. That car has a manual transmission, and I got a feeling that your mother would not want to drive a stick around a city like Chicago.

And while your at it, make sure you stop and think about the load of amphibian shit that is going to come out of your mouth the moment you read this post ya fucking wanker!
Closed Thread