Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-17-2005, 03:30 PM   #16
gucom
Regular User

ok so as i said, even if u just count 911's they still have WAY more wins than corvettes...nice try of covering that up though
Old 09-17-2005, 03:31 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
ok so as i said, even if u just count 911's they still have WAY more wins than corvettes...nice try of covering that up though
The 911 doesn't run agains the Vette - if it did it would lose - so it doesn't
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #18
gucom
Regular User

ok i looked it up couldnt find 2004 resutls fast enough they might follow later...but considering the 911's are in a class lower, look at how few laps there have been between the 1st vette and the 1st 911 in the last couple of years (and in 2001 a couple of 911s actually beat all corvettes!):
2005 -17 laps
2004 ?? laps
2003 -6 laps
2002 -13 laps
2001 +5 laps
2000 -8 laps
at the +/- 330-350 laps they cover, and considering the 911 is a class lower, most of these differences are nothing at all...so dont be too sure that porsches wouldnt beat the vettes if they were in GT1...and otherwise porsche could turn the GT2 roadcar into a racecar for the GT1 series if thats allowed, and beat the crap out of the vettes
also these porsches were all privateer teams, while the vettes were sort of factory teams (pratt and miller being a sort of "corvette racing" just like prodrive was aston martin racing in 2005)
Old 09-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #19
artypossum
Regular User

I usually don't post, today's an exception though;because of this ridiculous post. Christ, why give a shit about the bloody performance of cars? It's childish. Squabbling about the hp/lb ratio or le mans victories of a car or another is not being passionate, it's being blind. Forthermore, why be so narrow minded and hate particular cars, they are just cars; you can't hate one until you drive it. It's silliness, truly.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by artypossum
I usually don't post, today's an exception though;because of this ridiculous post. Christ, why give a shit about the bloody performance of cars? It's childish. Squabbling about the hp/lb ratio or le mans victories of a car or another is not being passionate, it's being blind. Forthermore, why be so narrow minded and hate particular cars, they are just cars; you can't hate one until you drive it. It's silliness, truly.
It's a good thing you seldom post - it appears when you do they are incoherent rantings...

What have you driven that you base your opinions on?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #21
gucom
Regular User

RC plz be so kind to shine your light of wisdom over the figures i jsut presented?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

RC plz be so kind to shine your light of wisdom over the figures i jsut presented?
Who cares about laps? Lets see winner / losers board.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #23
1zippo1
Regular User

I would love to see the Z06 tested on the NS by SportAuto.

And a review by Tiff or Jason Plato would be welcome as well...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:35 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1

We would all like to see these tests..

But will they be honest is the real question...
Old 09-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #25
artypossum
Regular User

Rc45, perhaps take some english lessons. I don't need to drive anything to tell you all that it is just bloody trivial, all of it. I'll tell you that the Z06 is the fucking greatest if it really means so much to you, my point is, I don't give a fuck. It's fine that you worship that car, just don't go about insulting others because they don't share your opinion.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #26
gucom
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Who cares about laps? Lets see winner / losers board.
cheap way of getting out of it RC, very cheap. Thing is, as i said even in a class lower porsche is very close to the vettes, and since they race in different class there is no winner between them. if u look at class victories though, porsche humiliates corvette completely.
Originally Posted by 1zippo1

We would all like to see these tests..

But will they be honest is the real question...
aw man RC after all that stuff about US car mags being or not being biased and all, u give us THIS???
about Tiff and Jaso, of the televised car reviews they are probably the most serious. and the SA Supertest is number-wise the most reliable source of information IMO...so lets jsut hope it'll test the car and then accept the results as true?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #27
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
why dont you post hp/lt ????
Becasue that's an acedemic number that losers use to justify their piss slow over priced heaps of crap
What about the M5's lb/hp, its sure much more higher than all this cars and in a straight line performs the same, or the opposite, the Veyron thet has a 4.XX lb/hp and accelerates like hell but in the twisties the story is different, so I don't think these numbers say much. So IMO you're doing the same thing "losers" do just with different numbers. Its just another variable

Those numbers again:
sub 3.6ish-s 0-60 - 11.6ish-s 1/4 mile @ 125mph+, 7m42s Northloop, 200mph top speed
These are the important numbers

- and all this for $65,000USD
If Ferrari or Lambo or Porsche had a plant to mass produce a car, it would be equally priced, and it would perform the same. But they don't sell quantity, they sell quality.
The Vette, is a car for the mass, besides as its mass produced, it isnt made of the best quality, GM makes cars for the mass. Sure they've made it better each year, but nothing made in a machine has the same quality as a handcrafted product.
If its all about the performance lets talk just about that, and not prices nor interiors.

Why don't you post price/Le Mans wins....???

When the flag drops the bullshit stops - but you knew that
Cause price/LM wins is totally different, theyre not running stock, the cost of each car is different, besides GM is one of the car companies with most resources, so they can invest a bit more money in that. Advantage to GM
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #28
gucom
Regular User

ow and if its just price/performance ratio ur talking about, get an Ultima GTR or a Radical or a Caterham or something like htat
Old 09-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by artypossum
Rc45, perhaps take some english lessons. I don't need to drive anything to tell you all that it is just bloody trivial, all of it. I'll tell you that the Z06 is the fucking greatest if it really means so much to you, my point is, I don't give a fuck. It's fine that you worship that car, just don't go about insulting others because they don't share your opinion.
If it bothered you that much why reply

The Z06 is not the greatest, never has been and never will be. Perhaps YOU need to take some English lessons. That way when you read emoticon peppered sarcy rhetoric on a web forum you wont get you juvenile panties in a wad.

Read the topic again: It is simple stating that the numbr are out, and they are good.

Thing is, as i said even in a class lower porsche is very close to the vettes, and since they race in different class there is no winner between them. if u look at class victories though, porsche humiliates corvette completely.
Imagine for a moment GM did not make just one Corvette with 3 variants.. but did as Porsche and Ferrari do, create mild street, regular street, wild street, uber street and then even race-only versions from $50,000 all the way to $400,000.

Then they would be able to flood each and every clas with multiple versions of cars that are rehomolagate year afetr year to fill every possible category that exists.

You would then also see "class dominance and field dominance" from GM the company.

The reality is they don't - so you have Corvette the CAR versus the entire fields of many manufacturers..

So to once again take a breath of reality, the CAR Corvette took on the Class GT and if I am not mistaken won 2000, 2001, 2002 and then 2004 and then 2005 or something like that? (Can't be bothered to Google these facts.. )

Anyway, it is a case of enetering for X years - and winning X-1 or soemthign liek that.. quite an achievment for a CAR versus entire companies that race multiple classes with multiple pupose engineered race cars

BTW where is Porsches entrant in this class ?

ow and if its just price/performance ratio ur talking about, get an Ultima GTR or a Radical or a Caterham or something like htat
Hardly the same thing.

The cars in the Z06's class offer something those go-carts do not.

Practicality.

Otherwise.. guess what all us high performance car nuts with a budget would be driving

Common sense my man... common sense
Old 09-17-2005, 07:18 PM   #30
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
Originally Posted by Ronin005
im not trying to be funny but where do the Enzo and Zonda go on that list??
and the CCR
Probably exactly where cars that cost MILLIONS of dollars should go
Well, I'm not trying to be funny, but wouldn't a properly engined Elfin Clubman (or a Type-R engined Ariel Atom) smoke everything on that list?