Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #31
TeflonTron
Regular User

RC: you own a Z06, right? Stock? If so, we both know that if both drivers are equal, you'd get your ass handed to you. There happens to be a video of Allan walking a 'vette like it was no thing...

As for Allan not being a valid sourse of opinion? Well, he may be an arrogant asshole, but you come across as an ignorant one. So, you don't like him, and think that he's not a nice person? So what does this have to do with his ability to drive, or his opinion that his clutch has never given way? I dislike lots of people, but respect their opinions if I know them to be a knowledgable source.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #32
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Here is a perfect example of why you should get out use, and learn to drive your "exotica" instead of just cruising around in 3rd gear to "save the drivetrain"...

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/badredcar.html
If i remember correctly that was a journalist who was showing off.... was posted a while back

lol, while i was at the same site

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/corvetteblow.html
Old 05-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
RC: you own a Z06, right? Stock? If so, we both know that if both drivers are equal, you'd get your ass handed to you. There happens to be a video of Allan walking a 'vette like it was no thing...
Yes I daily drive a Z06.

You seem to be just as dillusional as the rest.

In a stock Z06 vs stock SV scenario there will be no walking anyone with either car. You seem to be unaware that stock for stock the SV and Z06 post the same 0-60, the same 1/4 mile and upto 130mph or so will run neck and neck - and then only begin to roll away.. from a stock Z06.

0-60 4s
1/4 mile 12s
60-0 100ft

The Diablo is a portly 3400lbs, the Z06 a svelte 3100lbs

I know you would like to believe that the Z06 is not faster than the F360, matches th F360CS, beats a stock Diablo and runs with a stock SV - but these are the facts.

AllanLambo's car is not stock - and if I ran against his car in a modded nitrous Z he would not be walking me in that race either.

I wish all you bench racers would actually get with the program once in a while - the Z06 is a fast car, much faster than most people would care to admit.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #34
TeflonTron
Regular User

Well, a stock SV runs:

0-60 in 3.8
0-100 in 8.8
0-150 in 18.5

And I'm sure that these are numbers that the Z06 can't live with.

I never said that the Z06 is a slow car, as I'm perfectly aware of what it can do, but the fact is that it's a slower car than the SV. How about a race from 0-200MPH, just for fun?

If, and I said if, the SV had it's gearing lowered to a point where it's top speed was the same as the 'Vette's, then it would walk. We both know that you get what you put in: the Diablo is a faster car, both in acceleration and top speed, and Lamborghini is a much more exclusive mark, but that comes at a cost. Is an Armani T-Shirt worth $200? Maybe, maybe not, but that's the cost of entry to the club.

*PS: glad to hear you finally admit that Allan actually owns the car. I guess you'd need 700BHP, give or take, to match him in a 'vette.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:48 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Well, a stock SV runs:

0-60 in 3.8
0-100 in 8.8
0-150 in 18.5
THose are ideal numbers - which average owners will not see. The few Diablo's I have come across on the street tried and got left behind by a couple car lengths.

And I'm sure that these are numbers that the Z06 can't live with.
Don't you get it yet? Those ARE numbers that the Z06 can live with - do you know how much skill a 3.8s 0-60 would take in a Diablo? A lot more than the average Diablo owner has.

The will be running more like 4.5s, much like what the average Z06 owner can manage - the Z is just that much easier to drive fast.

Both cars cover 1/4 of a mile 12s - with the SV running about 118mph and the Z06 right behind it at about 116mph - that means after 12s they are at the essentially the same speed, having covered essentially the same distance.

The cars are evenly matched - get over it already. Next you will be trying to disclaim the 7m56s Nurburgring laptime of the Z06.

I never said that the Z06 is a slow car, as I'm perfectly aware of what it can do, but the fact is that it's a slower car than the SV. How about a race from 0-200MPH, just for fun?
What's the point - it tops 5th gear at 6600rpm at 174mph - and in EPA ULEV format won't pull 6th gear - stock.

You seem to gloss right over the fact that AllanLambo's car is not stock - and that once you do intake, headers, NOS and associated injector mods to either the hz6 or the SV you are opening up a huge amount of extra potential for each car...

But they still remain essentially the same performance wise below 180mph.

Having said that I doubt you would even have the balls to run 200mh on the street - in either car

If, and I said if, the SV had it's gearing lowered to a point where it's top speed was the same as the 'Vette's, then it would walk.
The SV had it's gearing lowered? Then it would have zero traction...

We both know that you get what you put in: the Diablo is a faster car, both in acceleration and top speed, and Lamborghini is a much more exclusive mark, but that comes at a cost. Is an Armani T-Shirt worth $200? Maybe, maybe not, but that's the cost of entry to the club.
The Diablo is faster on paper - barely - and on the streets equaled by the Z06 - put both cars on a road course and the Diablo will be left behind like a day old bagel.

*PS: glad to hear you finally admit that Allan actually owns the car. I guess you'd need 700BHP, give or take, to match him in a 'vette.
Allegedly.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #36
TeflonTron
Regular User

RC45: For all of the comments, back and forth between you and I, I'd like you to know that I'm not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out what I perceive to be truths.

You believe the Z06 to be the match of a Diablo SV in the real world, I disagree: such is life, and no harm done. I still disagree that the Z06, with a good driver, will match the SV with an equal driver, but that's my opinion: your opinion is different.

Oh, what is the 0-150 of a stock Z06, by the way?

Lastly, I'm piqued as to your opinions on Allan. After our polite banter back and forth, would you do me a small favour? Drop me a PM outlining why you subscribe to the belief that Allan is, shall I say, full of shit?

Be cool, be safe.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

I am sure I have no issue with opposing opinions... -- I may not like em - but folks are free to have em.

Let's put it this way - on paper the SV is what the Diablo should have been all along - not the 13s, 0-60 in 5s car it was until the SV hit the road.

So perhaps my opinions are jaded by my encounters with "run of the mill" Diablos. Which are not as quick as people remember.

The Z06 0 - 150 should be about 22 or 23 seconds or so - right up with the GT3 or Viper and a bus length or 2 behind the SV..

Would I love to have a Diablo? In a heart beat - even if it is slower than my Z.. - just to have the glorious V12 to romp on.

My all time favourite movie opening sequences are still CannonBall Run I and II with the Countach wailing across the high desert.

I cannot afford a Lambo at this time (I could probably swing the purchase - but I don't know how well they are for sleeping in..), so I enjoy the piss out of my Z.

Would I want it for snob brag value? No - I don't hang around in those circles - if I was a zillionaire then I would, and I would need to throw money at my possessions to one up my neighbour... aka penis extension.. see AllanLambo in Webster's...

BTW - if his SV was so quick - why did he feel the need to modify it? Makes you wonder......
Old 05-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #38
TeflonTron
Regular User

Teehee! 5 seconds at 150MPH is not "a bus length or two"!! It doesn't matter though.

Behold, the one called Allan:

What isn't there to love?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #39
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

(I could probably swing the purchase - but I don't know how well they are for sleeping in..)
i hear they are actually not too bad now that they are made by audi.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #40
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Really who gives a shit which is faster?

A suped up Supra or a Mustang beats the stock Murc. Fine.

A suped up Murc beats the fuck out of everything.

This stock Vs modded argument is useless.

We all know what a suped up Porker and a Ferrari can do. Look at Koenig look at Ruf.............................

Lastly I could not care less if a dick in a Civic beat me in my Lambo...

As for the penis extension..........you guys are a sad bunch
Old 05-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Teehee! 5 seconds at 150MPH is not "a bus length or two"!! It doesn't matter though.
Now you are sounding like the Guardian... :roll:

It's not like the one car is at 150 while the other is at 10, the there would only be about 5mph in it at the time - making the gap a lot smaller than you would think.

BTW - what a sad shallow life you must lead if you are measured by "your SV on the Net"..

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Really who gives a shit which is faster?

A suped up Supra or a Mustang beats the stock Murc. Fine.

A suped up Murc beats the fuck out of everything.
Well - the suped up Gallardo pretty much lost to everything in the Car & Driver 10,000hp shootout..
Old 05-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #42
TeflonTron
Regular User

Well, he may be a cunt, but he has a banging, sexy car!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #43
T-Bird
Regular User

wow this is funny as hell A $35k Cobra and at the most $20k can make it hit the low 01's if not 9's I've seen it many of times and they can beat the living shit out of their drivetrains and not have to spend $50k to rebuild it. So for the price of a down payment on a Lambo I can have a car with a backseat that will go faster and I will personally enjoy more.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

But there is no need to be a prick just because you drive a Diablo... our own Jabba is testament to that.

You probably find AllanLambo wouldn't be much without his car..
Old 05-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #45
TeflonTron
Regular User

But there is no need to be a prick just because you drive a Diablo... our own Jabba is testament to that.

You probably find AllanLambo wouldn't be much without his car..
Oh, I agree 100%. He's just like my uncle in that respect. My uncle took a purple 911 Turbo S for a test drive a few years ago, and the only reason why he didn't buy it was because "no-one stopped and stared" at him as he went past! He got a Cherry Red Jaguar XKR drop-top instead!

As for Allan: I have to confess that I do like him. I'm not in to all of these Rappers throwing their bling in your face, but there is someone about Allan that I like, although it may be more about the car than him!!
Closed Thread