Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 02-01-2008, 04:33 AM   #61
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
"Luyendyk said Priestley appeared to have driven through "oil-dry," an absorbent material that had been spread on part of the track about 10 minutes earlier to soak up oil from another car."
So? What do you want me to say?

I'm tired and wake up and go to school in... 5 hours. G'night.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #62
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
hehe, Jason Priestly will NOT be the Stig.
didnt say he would be... just saying he would make a good presenter with his racing exp. and car knowledge.
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #63
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
So? What do you want me to say?

I'm tired and wake up and go to school in... 5 hours. G'night.
just making a point, thats all... i have to be at work in 5 hours also... gnight
Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #64
graywolf624
Regular User

Latest rumour is Seinfield and Leno? Might make a good show, but not a good top gear.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #65
nthfinity
Regular User

As I said.... Robbie Gordon is my favorite American driver out there. The man is a genious behind the wheel of everything he touches... man, remember Paris Dakar 2005??? holy crap at his stage times... first time in any professional rally event, and he was taking it to Colin McRae may he RIP.

R. Millen is hardly talented. Give any car buff a month with a big budget to drift, and he will suddenly be an unknown. His dad would be much better... but isn't the kind of guy who could lap so quickly as Robbie Gordon IMHO. Grip racer > Drift showboat ~~IMO

As to my request for Ryan Seabiscuit.... he is a very similar character to Hammond. And would play the "odd man out" VERY well.

the problem with your hero of 3 is that they are all primary spotlight characters... and would not share the camera/show well at all. That is why TG2 works so well... the dichotomy of personalities
Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #66
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
As I said.... Robbie Gordon is my favorite American driver out there. The man is a genious behind the wheel of everything he touches... man, remember Paris Dakar 2005??? holy crap at his stage times... first time in any professional rally event, and he was taking it to Colin McRae may he RIP.

R. Millen is hardly talented. Give any car buff a month with a big budget to drift, and he will suddenly be an unknown. His dad would be much better... but isn't the kind of guy who could lap so quickly as Robbie Gordon IMHO. Grip racer > Drift showboat ~~IMO

As to my request for Ryan Seabiscuit.... he is a very similar character to Hammond. And would play the "odd man out" VERY well.

the problem with your hero of 3 is that they are all primary spotlight characters... and would not share the camera/show well at all. That is why TG2 works so well... the dichotomy of personalities

i dont think there will be a problem with the spotlight with a jay leno and tim allen top gear. if you think about it they just about split up the presenting of top gear now. i'd definitely give Leno the Clarkson seat and Allen the Hammond seat. Tim allen has actually dropped off the map so he not much of a A-list celeb anymore but leno is.

Rhys Millen doesnt just drift he has done hill climbs and Rally. he has also is a high-demand stunt driver.

i wasnt trying to start any arguements. just suggesting some other driver and presenters.

who do you think would be the three presenters??
Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #67
jb747
Regular User

Top Gear is Top Gear. An American or Australian copy will be something else. Something less. Which I won't be watching.
jb747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #68
enzoferrari
Regular User

Time to time