Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-08-2004, 09:23 PM   #31
altezza
Regular User

Some high-res pics for the 2005 Ford mustang, enjoy!
(more pics are available upon requests, any other GM or Ford products in general too)

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10
Picture 11
Picture 12
Picture 13
altezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #32
altezza
Regular User

Powertrain details of the 2005 Ford Mustang
Overview
Driving Dynamics
Powertrain
Design
Safety
Old 01-08-2004, 09:58 PM   #33
zevolv
Regular User

I just have to say that I think the car looks amazing. My dad already put a reserve on for one at a family friend's dealership.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #34
spicymustard
Regular User

Wow there is alot of bullshit in those articles. L arms are better than A arms--- sure they are. A solid rear axle provides consistent grip---- when? And the whole front suspention designed after the M3's. Thats like saying we dont have the talent to create a good suspention setup so we will try to copy one, aparently unsuccessfully. Then the part about the car having the most advanced suspension of any sub 20K car... well off the top of my head i can think of a few that would lap the stang on a tight course. MX5, MR2/MRS, Mini S (crap i just realized that some of those cars are slightly over 20K) well you get my point.

Damn you FORD, damn you and your consistent medocraty!

And while im pissed off and bitching about ford. Why dosnt ford import/produce the only good fords, the Euro only models, in the US. Damn it why can we have RS focuses and when if it comes out a cosworth focus, or even a puma.
Why can ford create a real sport car? Its not that hard. here is my equation.
Find 2000lbs of metal asemble it into a rear drive platorm with indipendent suspension all around. and you have a drivers car. You know what FORD take a hint and just copy a BMW correctly this time, or an MR2 or Silvia or Alteza/IS300 etc etc... And i want to know what stang owners told ford that the new stang had to have a solid rear axle.!!!!
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i think that the production 05 Mustang is the offspring of a drunken, regretable, one night stand between the beautiful prototype Stang and its ugly inbred half retarded 04 mustang cusin.

Just my completely bias, half informed thoughts.
spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:55 AM   #35
mhn3773
Regular User

sp ur saying a solid rear axel doesnt provide constant grip?? as in itl bump and dodge around???? hmmm interesting
mhn3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:05 AM   #36
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

damn it...every time I look at a picture of the 05 mustang, I think why oh why didn't they make it like the concept...shit man it' just so much better looking...

one more thing...will it be called Mustang GT? or will it eventually have all the range of the current mustang...'cause all the pictures are from the Mustang GT, even those of the production version say Mustang GT.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:26 AM   #37
zevolv
Regular User

come on the car looks soo much like the old one its great!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:10 PM   #38
blah
Regular User

thats the Mustang GT version of it. My guess those double hoods from the concept will be back in the Cobra version. just like how this generations stangs, you can tell what type it is just from the hood.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #39
Sachmo12345
Regular User

when looking at it from the side it looks a lot like the previous model mustand which i dont like it should

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:39 AM   #40
S.A
Regular User

Yep..once again have to say same thing than I said the new Corvette.
Nice to see old times coming back.
The new Mustang is, I think it looks cooler than any Mustang last few years.....The nose just remains me about the ponycar years....nice! And the chasis line...remains me about the 65-69 Fastbacks..... and the tail...yes samething. Awesome.

The engine..well it's bit smaller than Corvette' s engine...4,6 litres I think and it has 3 valves per cyllinted, Corvettte has stil only 2. But the power? Well Mustang about 300 and Vette about 400....There is still some gap between these two....
Just looking forward to hearing the Corbras..or Saleen versions of the New Mustang...there could be around 500 horsepower that point!
So...shall we wait a bit more?
S.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:39 AM   #41
yg60m
Regular User

The new Mustang is, I think it looks cooler than any Mustang last few years.....The nose just remains me about the ponycar years....nice! And the chasis line...remains me about the 65-69 Fastbacks..... and the tail...yes samething. Awesome.
I agree with you and i think i am not the only one, they couldn't continue to waste the Mustang name with boring and unpersonal cars. Remember the third generation ?? :

What a beautiful car !!! :shock:
There was an improvement for the 4th generation but not enough to wake up and go to a ride.
yg60m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:44 AM   #42
S.A
Regular User

Yep, and I think that the new "old" desing has started when New Beatle came on to the markets which followed by Chrysler PT Cruiser....
Now Mustang, Corvette is doing the same....
I hope to the future, that there could be room ex. new Challenger / Charger also......Whit that awesome 70's desing......
S.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:32 PM   #43
blah
Regular User

The new Cobra version might be able to run with the new Z06s, you never know what the crazy asses at SVT will do. I wouldnt be suprised if you see a Turbo Charged Cobra R.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #44
godspeed06
Regular User

i doubt it, i've heard the new Z06 will be competitive with the viper. plus, even the slightest chance for it would only be in a straight line. it would never have a chance on the track.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:56 AM   #45
Drogear
Regular User

I hope the make a new shelby! Does anyone know if the concept one was a 350 or a 500? It would be sweet if they made each! Just like back in the day!
Drogear is offline   Reply With Quote