Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #16
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

7.47 is the time I predict, no way 7.40, 100hp and some improvements won't be enough. But I really would like the C6 Z06 to do a better time, it would certainly justify its higher price and make the other carmakers do something about their 'bang for buck' policy. So go Vette go 8)
Hope to see some vids of the monster hammering down the N-R

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:46 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I say 10sec max over the old time, maybe a bit more............actually maybe 15 if the new tires are that much better.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #18
godspeed06
Regular User

definitely under 7:44, possibly a tick under 7:40 if tires are good and an unusually good lap is run .
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by bmw06m6
What did the Enzo Ferrari do around the ring?
For fear of embarrassment and ridicule, Ferrari declined to offer any official timed lap results etc.
They never did, so why should they start now?

Ferrari doesnt need laptimes to sell cars.

Its other that sell cars by saying "its as fast as a Ferrari"
Old 06-24-2005, 05:38 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

If in that time you haven't realized that I am one of the more realistic, honest and pragmatic folks who posts on this site, you are rather inobservant.

I am also far more realistic about this or any cars performance, than most visitors on the entire Internet, let alone just this website and I do not lightly make any claim.

I am also the first person in line to criticize the Corvette on all fronts, so nice attempt to "corner me" - but you need to try a lot harder.

BTW - as explained the 7m45s does NOT take into account the advantage of spinning an extra 400rpm in every gear including being able to run up to a higher speed down the straight away.

As long as the new RunFlat tyres have an improvement in grip over the GoodYear SC F1's then lopping the last 4 seconds off the time is simply a matter of mashing the gas pedal down the back straight.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:50 PM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

If in that time you haven't realized that I am one of the more realistic, honest and pragmatic folks who posts on this site, you are rather inobservant.

I am also far more realistic about this or any cars performance, than most visitors on the entire Internet, let alone just this website and I do not lightly make any claim.

I am also the first person in line to criticize the Corvette on all fronts, so nice attempt to "corner me" - but you need to try a lot harder.
Sorry but
Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 PM   #22
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Sorry but

HAHAHAHAHA same thing i thought.

Yea and I love AUDI.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:10 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Sorry but
HAHAHAHAHA same thing i thought.

Yea and I love AUDI.
Actually name a single instance where the information I have posted has been disproven?

Not opinion - but information.

Ah fuck it... you try and provide some food for thought and spice up discussions and all that happens is people run around trying to shout down everything.

It is like everyone is a SlashDot nerd crouching in front of their monitor just waiting to fire off a volley to disprove anything posted.

:roll:
Old 06-24-2005, 06:38 PM   #24
Max Power

display more ignorance towards the ignorant
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #25
sentra_dude

BTW - as explained the 7m45s does NOT take into account the advantage of spinning an extra 400rpm in every gear including being able to run up to a higher speed down the straight away.

I don't know if this would screw things up, but what about just changing the gearbox ratios so the 500hp mule can go a little faster in each gear...doesn't revving higher pretty much have the same effect as longer gear ratios or am I wrong? Also, I'm sure they will change the ratios from the C5 Z, so if those are the ones your using in GT4, then wouldn't that put an effect on the lap time...?

Ah well, whatever, we need to stay on topic, because this is interesting and we should see more discussion on what people think it will run, not why people like or don't like the Vette, blah blah etc.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #26
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ Whats the top speed differene between the C6 and C5 zo6?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

About 20mph +

The C5 Z06 will pull 6600rpm in 5th gear, 173/4/5mph, 6th gear is an over drive and you lose speed.

The C6 Z06 with 100 more HP will surely pull 7000rpm in 5th gear (which is a little taller - as the C6 Z supposedly receives the slightly higher ratio (the "normal" 6 speed ratios) transmission.

Combine the 7000rpm redline and the slightly taller gearing (same rear end ratio) will surely run mid 190 mph.

Every 500hp C5 (modded cars) already pulls mid 190mph in 5th gear.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #28
SnakeBitten
Regular User

You have been around these parts for a year.

As it is, nobody has been able to quantify in laymen's terms the impact an extra 100hp, better brakes, and extra 400rpm and supposedly better tyres would have.

So I set off to try and practically demonstrate what the effect might be.

Of course I well aware of the fact that as good as GT4 is they may not be correctly simulating the added heat generated by the new bigger brakes and extra power and a myriad other issues that may arrise when the actual car shows up.

Nothing to teach me there - but this is ONE way to practically deomonstrate what COULD be possible.

As long as the new RunFlat tyres have an improvement in grip over the GoodYear SC F1's then lopping the last 4 seconds off the time is simply a matter of mashing the gas pedal down the back straight.

LOL....Well what can I say...Im not an official member of the RC45 fanclub with secret decoder ring etc, so I really dont know anything about you other than this thread. Im not a forum dweller so Ive been registered a year but havent been "on" the forums for a year...

BTW are you one of those guys that have about 5 year supply of foodstuffs packed away in his bunker and is armed with rifle because everybody is out to get him? Sounds that way....Im not out to corner you but to rebutt what you wrote...You cleaverly avoided my last post and went into the omnipotent RC45 vs the world mode.....

Relax....If you read my post you will see we're not in total disagreement with each other. We both believe there will be a marked improvement with this new Vette. Only difference between us is I dont have Vette-itis. As I stated if you are right on the money with your hypothesis Ill be the first to concede you were right...When do I get the decoder ring?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #29
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
You have been around these parts for a year.

As it is, nobody has been able to quantify in laymen's terms the impact an extra 100hp, better brakes, and extra 400rpm and supposedly better tyres would have.

So I set off to try and practically demonstrate what the effect might be.

Of course I well aware of the fact that as good as GT4 is they may not be correctly simulating the added heat generated by the new bigger brakes and extra power and a myriad other issues that may arrise when the actual car shows up.

Nothing to teach me there - but this is ONE way to practically deomonstrate what COULD be possible.

LOL....Well what can I say...Im not an official member of the RC45 fanclub with secret decoder ring etc, so I really dont know anything about you other than this thread. Im not a forum dweller so Ive been registered a year but havent been "on" the forums for a year...

BTW are you one of those guys that have about 5 year supply of foodstuffs packed away in his bunker and is armed with rifle because everybody is out to get him? Sounds that way....Im not out to corner you but to rebutt what you wrote...You cleaverly avoided my last post and went into the omnipotent RC45 vs the world mode.....

Relax....If you read my post you will see we're not in total disagreement with each other. We both believe there will be a marked improvement with this new Vette. Only difference between us is I dont have Vette-itis. As I stated if you are right on the money with your hypothesis Ill be the first to concede you were right...When do I get the decoder ring?
He's got you there RC45, he must be a psychologist, he described you perfectly , so chill a bit and don't get offended that fast, the Vette is really good, but not that good.
btw, I almost had an heart attack when you described yourself Don't ever do that again, it might kill me next time

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Precisely - instead of taking the thread on face value you instantly assumed I must be the another ignorant cunt squatting online.

Perhaps if you removed that presumptive hat off and actually considered there may be some folks out there that actually know what they are talking about.

:roll:

Again - very fucking presumptive of someone who apparently not only doesn't post, but doesn't frequent the forums regularly either.

Why I didn't rebutt each of your illinformed comments/replys?

Because I am sick and tired of threads being polluted with 40% of the replies being factual rebuttels to the other 40% of the numerous urban legend fueled fantasies and common misconceptions - meaning one has to filter through this 80% crap to get to the 20% posts that are the actual debate with valid comment and discussion.

And with topics about the Corvette this is a HUGELY common occurance, and it get very tiresome.

Relax....If you read my post you will see we're not in total disagreement with each other. We both believe there will be a marked improvement with this new Vette. Only difference between us is I dont have Vette-itis.
I surely don't have Vette-itis - I have just been around enough Z06's, Vipers (modded and stock) and Porkers and F-Cars (you think I don't know and associate with folks who are avid fans of the "other cars"?) and am comfortable enought ot state thngs with confidence.

As I say, I am also a realist and don't expect the laws of physics to be repealed when the Corvette goes out on the track (or street) and somehow become an Enzo or Macca F1 or Carrera GT - I really do understand and accept all the limitation.

But at the same time - when I tell people straight up that, for example, a Z06 can run and gun and lap with a Ferrari 360CS wheel to wheel - I get laughter - until the numbers began to trickle into the public - but these things were known by Z06 folks but not accepted because urban legend and myth says that the C5 Z06 must be a pile of shit and Jeremy Clarkson and my uncle Fester say so.

All gets quite tiring when one just wants to share/discuss and otherwise interact without having to haul out the goddamned encyclopedia of proof every single thread.

As I stated if you are right on the money with your hypothesis Ill be the first to concede you were right...When do I get the decoder ring?
Here's your official decoder ring - :fist: - Badmihai has the only other one

Anyway - this thread is so poluted now I am just going to use it as a distribution tool for the Nurgburgring videos I am making.