Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #61
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
All that crap for 1000bhp? Plus quad turbos.....they should have been pulling 2500bhp with that motor.........
It is.....just that 1500hp is used for cooling that's all
Old 03-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #62
Daggernite
Regular User

Veyron is simply a big in your face look at me straightline monster.
It handles well, just like a golf GTI handles well, but you cant not compare the way it takes corners to an Elise an F430 or a Z06.
I think this statement should be the true un-biased summary to end this topic on. At least untill some hard hitting facts are published from somewhere to build upon. Because I think the true fact is there aint enough to go on to base an oppinion on.

Refering to lemans and putting the veyron against tuned cars just seems unfair on the veyron, as it aint really on the same level. I think this season of topgear, they should pit the saleen, Z06, Veyron together and see where they come on the timed lap board. Then we all have some perspective to go on. I dont really think a viper would qualify Also neither does leman cars or tuned cars
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #63
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
All that crap for 1000bhp? Plus quad turbos.....they should have been pulling 2500bhp with that motor.........
It is.....just that 1500hp is used for cooling that's all
Think I read here on JW that the Veyron actually made 3000bhp.

1000bhp was lost through heat

1000bhp was used for cooling

that left 1000bhp for the wheels

Think thats what I read.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #64
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Vipers have always been rubbish on the track, same with Vettes, unless they are properly modded or if they are a Z06
Perhaps someoen will race their Veyron in the SCCA T1 street class.. you know the one that requires running stock engine, transmission and brakes.
The one that had the GT3 and Z06 and Viper ACR doing really well - oh wait - this was during the model years 2001/2/3/4 - the same 4 years it took the Veyron to become a partial reality.

I wonder how well a Vagrant would do with stock brakes, engine and transmision - that's what makes for real bragging rights at the Coffee Shop.. - heck even the ultimate F-Car poser falls back ont he Ferrari racing heritage - When was the last time Bugatti had a race success?

Surely if Bugatti is to remain true to their socalled heritage the Veyron will be raced... hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #65
Max Power

Originally Posted by RC45
if you really want to know what the Russian Mafia boss with his Veyron feels like, just buy a tuned Viper/Vette or a stock Saleen
more like what a gansta rapper feels like with his Veyron...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #66
RC45
Regular User

^^ Isn't here a weight limit at most race tracks?

I am guessing they wouldn't even allow it on the infield grassway - for fear of it sinking in the grass..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #67
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Hey if only there was a super realistic videogame to test all the cars in this debate i hope they make forza 2 and include the veyron and someone said in this debate about the veyrons aerodynamics being active well isn't that the point of it nowadays u want low drag in a straight but high downforce in the bends so the fact that the veyron has an active spoiler is a good thing you only have to look at the current breed of formula one cars, the pinnacle of aerodymics, to understand why its good to have a moving rear wing. It's part of the advancement in technology, Bugatti had the absolute best engineers working on the veyron project formula one engineers the whole point of the car is to eat the competition and yet still be comfortable. Has anyone ever owned a saleen and known how hard the ride is or how much your back would ache after several hours of driving it. well i cant say i can either and the veyron is as much a grand tourer as it is hypercar. Its like the SLR fast but also able to live with everyday. Also when you buy a bugatti you become of of those few people that are able to say ' I have an bugatti veyron' just like those who buy ferraris mclarens etc. Whereas a viper is alot cheaper and theres thousands of them, you only have to look at the amount of viper tuners there are to know its not a rare specimen. Having a bugatti veyron just puts you that one step of everyone in the motor industry.