Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 AM   #31
mts6800
Regular User

Originally Posted by turpija View Post
nope, they are specifically paid for skill/talent
Originally Posted by turpija View Post
well they payed for chance to drive F1 car and show what they can do, and maybe if they were good enough they would be spotted by some better team.

Alonso started his F1 career in minardi, and quickly progressed to one of the best f1 drivers
And lets not forget that Eddie Jordan was paid $150,000 to let Michael Schumacher drive at Spa in MS first F1 race.

As the say, the rest is history
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 AM   #32
Mattk
Regular User

I can't think of too many Minardi drivers who later became successful. Alonso stands out as a dual champion. Webber has been very good this year. But no-one else springs to mind.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:52 AM   #33
turpija
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
I can't think of too many Minardi drivers who later became successful. Alonso stands out as a dual champion. Webber has been very good this year. But no-one else springs to mind.
yea it doesn't happen very often, but as I said they are simply paying for that chance.
turpija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/170820...er-return.html

Rate it!

Felipe Massa, the Formula One racer recovering after a July crash, is looking to compete in Brazil's Grand Prix in October if he gets a medical all-clear.

Massa targets October return

Felipe Massa, the Formula One racer recovering after a July crash, is looking to compete in Brazil's Grand Prix in October if he gets a medical all-clear.
FORMULA 1 Felipe Massa - 0
More Stories

The 28-year-old Brazilian said: "I'm not afraid of getting back on the accelerator, I will return to racing."

He admitted though, that despite not feeling any pain, he could still not remember his accident and added: "I still don't feel 100 per cent" right now.

The comments, made during a news conference Sunday, reinforced Massa's stated desire to return to the racetrack following his horrific accident in Budapest while qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix on July 25.

He suffered severe head injuries when he was struck at around 250 kph by a spring that flew off compatriot Rubens Barrichello's Brawn car.

Massa underwent surgery on his fractured skull in Hungary and on August 5 was flown to Brasil for convalescence.

In last year's Brazilian GP, Massa finished first but saw the world title go to Britain's Lewis Hamilton in the last lap.
AFP
Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #35
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by macrylinda1 View Post
the spring falling off the brawn is a freak accident, and it is a freak accident for it to have hit felipe in the face. i'm sure there are those that beg to differ, but i believe accidents such as with surtees and massa are so rare and unpredictable that to try to protect against them would be impossible. hopefully felipe makes a full recovery and continues to race, he's a undeniable talent and a wonderful person to have in the series
Normally I'd ban you with your silly email/signature, and replying to an old topic. However, you actually wrote a cohesive response to an eleven month old thread. FYI, Massa has made a full recovery, and is still racing alongside Fernando Alonso @ Ferrari this year.