Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-31-2004, 03:17 AM   #31
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
i heard JV is going to NASCAR next year, that is sad ops:
HAHAHAHHAHA

he has now lost all my respect.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:14 AM   #32
5vz-fe
Regular User

Here comes bad mouth Dennis again......
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_17114.shtml

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has once again slammed the FIA for what he deems to be displaying favouritism towards Ferrari.
According to Dennis the new rules, especially those relating to long-life engines as well as tyres, which are expected to be implemented next season clearly favour Ferrari.

"The regulations proposed favour one team over another because of the circumstances they are in," Dennis told the BBC.

"If one team (Ferrari) has an engine that currently does 1,500km and another (McLaren) has one that does 500km and suddenly you've got a rule that the engine has to do two races, then you have a situation where those who are already close to that level have got a clear advantage."

"Similarly, if you've got a tyre that is very durable and has less degradation over the distance of a Grand Prix and then suddenly you've got a regulation that says we are only going to use one set of tyres for a Grand Prix, then that team is immediately at an advantage.

"Putting aside who gets what, that's deliberate and the key ingredient is how to destabilise the teams and take their focus aware from trying to create commercial stability."

However, an FIA spokesman says Dennis' accusations are "ridiculous". "Of all the ridiculous accusations that could be made against the FIA perhaps the most ridiculous is that we would want Ferrari to be more dominant," he said. "Did any of the people making these accusations actually watch the race in Hungary?"

"In reality the FIA's consultation with the teams on the new regulations has been very constructive. We understand that general agreement on the new regulations has already been reached. In that sense we feel that the consultation process has been very successful."

"It's to everyone's advantage to finalise the regulations sooner rather than later and we understand that most teams have already started working on designs for 2005 which meet the proposed regulations."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES CHANGES BECOZ YOU GUYS SUCKED!!! and that FIA want to slow down the Ferrari....wake up Dennis...
Old 08-31-2004, 12:08 PM   #33
possessed_beaver
Regular User

but when you think about it, it will cost alot of money to develop a more reliable engine, the current engines last a race weekend, and then blow themselfs to pieces,

i dont thinkt hey are trying to favor ferrari, it will just work out that whoever has the most amount of money to spend of R&D will win out, and i guess it's going to be ferrari.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:56 PM   #34
hiroshima
Regular User

Ron Dennis is being ridiculous. After all, Formula1 is all about car development. If McLaren doesn't have at this moment a reliable motor, a motor that's able to resist two races, then Mercedes' engineers' job is to construct or improve the motor until it finally achieve its goal.

It has always been like this and it always will, no matter who have or haven't the the advantage!
Old 08-31-2004, 06:26 PM   #35
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Schumacher will offer a press conference tomorrow at Monza... may be he will announce his retirement... or may be not. We'll see...

---> http://www.expatica.com/source/site_...story_id=11271 <---

:shock:

EDIT ---> here is another link:

---> http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=22153 <---
Most probably to celebrate his championship. I doubt he is quitting as all potential replacements (Alonso, Raikonnen, Montoya, Webber) have been locked up. Unless Raikonnen is going to be snatched away at the 11th hour.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 02:44 AM   #36
Toronto
Regular User

if schumi leaves, barrichello will win, just look at him he is #2 right now, why do you think someone that is 3-9th would win next year?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:00 PM   #37
possessed_beaver
Regular User

ohhhh if he does retire, i can possibley see them scraping alot of the rule changes, because the racing could become more even.

all he has to do by the end of the year is get the record for the most pole positions.

i cannot think of another reason why he would call a press conferance.

*counting down to wensday*
Old 09-01-2004, 08:49 PM   #38
chipanggo
Regular User

well, schumi ain't retiring after all.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:49 AM   #39
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by chipanggo
yay a few more seasons of boaring racing!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:32 AM   #40
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Dont watch then

I will be happy the day Ron Dennis retires
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #41
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE
Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Dont watch then

I will be happy the day Ron Dennis retires
yeh i know.. but i love the crash's

and with the "don't watch it" attitude, dw i won't be alone - it's been uptaken by alot of F1 fans!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #42
racingfreak
Regular User

Hi my fellow F1 enthusiasts, I went to the Hungarian GP a few weeks ago and got some great pics of the boss, schumi himself! One question though, HOW DO I POST THEM? I've got some great pics of the rest of the pits aswell...

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
racingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #43
X-ale
Regular User

Originally Posted by racingfreak
Hi my fellow F1 enthusiasts, I went to the Hungarian GP a few weeks ago and got some great pics of the boss, schumi himself! One question though, HOW DO I POST THEM? I've got some great pics of the rest of the pits aswell...
For TT's sake, we got a car gallery section, in there there's a sticky... I leave you with only your brain and your eyes to sort it out from here on. Hope they make contact.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #44
5vz-fe
Regular User

McLaren boss guilty of sexual harassment

McLaren have had to pay £26,000 to a teenage girl, who worked for their fan club, after her boss sexually harassed her.
Hayley Swanson sued her boss, Neil Riddell, for sexual harassment after he spent months threatening to spank her, trying to touch her breasts and on one occasion even waving a rubber willy in front of her face. According to The Sun tabloid, the 50-year-old's behaviour left Swanson too sick to work and she pressed charges.

A Leeds tribunal found Riddell guilty of sexual harassment and awarded Swanson a £26,000 payout.

According to McLaren, Swanson's case was "an isolated incident."

The payout is kinda less than I expected......and geez...waving a dildo infront of an employee, what was he thinking?
Old 09-03-2004, 01:10 AM   #45
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Well, another news. Sept. 1, 2004

It's official.
Schumi will NOT retire. At Autodromo Nazionale Monza , Schumacher announced that he will continue driving f1 cars next year. He says that he will "go on as long as he as the racing instinct." More on www.Ferrari.it and http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31016