Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars > JDM Pictures and Videos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
pagani
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pagani Productions HQ
Posts: 6,237
Cool First customer lexus lfa on dyno bonestock

Lexus LFA #3 (first one to goto customer) on a Dyno Dynamics at Forged Performance.

Results 451rwhp which translate to about 18% drivetrain lost. = 532.18 or so.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 9,929
Default

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Lexus LFA #3 (first one to goto customer) on a Dyno Dynamics at Forged Performance.

Results 451rwhp which translate to about 18% drivetrain lost. = 532.18 or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMQ0UmMCSbg
That is an awful lot of driveline loss for a car with so many light weight components; from the flywheel, to the driveshaft, to the brakes, lighter wheels etc. etc.

We just dyno'd a Camaro with a tighter final ratio; and it was 12.7% Driveline loss. Of course, there are a lot of variables that change from a controlled engine dyno room, to a Mustang Dyno... from temperatures, to humidity, and flow properties.
__________________
www.nthimage.com
Car photography website
nthfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,413
Default

451rwhp?

LOL -its barely more powerful than a stock C6 Z06

Doesn't a stock Audi V10 R8 kick the LFA's backside?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
pagani
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pagani Productions HQ
Posts: 6,237
Default

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
451rwhp?

LOL -its barely more powerful than a stock C6 Z06

Doesn't a stock Audi V10 R8 kick the LFA's backside?
They state it's alower reading dyno
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
yg60m
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Posts: 5,373
Default

Nice sound !
__________________
yg60m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
T-Bird
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 3,627
Default

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
That is an awful lot of driveline loss for a car with so many light weight components; from the flywheel, to the driveshaft, to the brakes, lighter wheels etc. etc.

We just dyno'd a Camaro with a tighter final ratio; and it was 12.7% Driveline loss. Of course, there are a lot of variables that change from a controlled engine dyno room, to a Mustang Dyno... from temperatures, to humidity, and flow properties.
most shops can't afford that kind of equipment... places like lingenfelter and AMS can but it took them time to get there
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,413
Default

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
They state it's alower reading dyno
Yep - C6Z06 on a Mustang dyno is abotu 450rwhp
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
pagani
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pagani Productions HQ
Posts: 6,237
Default

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Yep - C6Z06 on a Mustang dyno is abotu 450rwhp
So it could have a higher power figure on a diffrent type of dyno
But who's give a shit about dyno numbers
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,413
Default

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
So it could have a higher power figure on a diffrent type of dyno
But who's give a shit about dyno numbers
Then why the obsession by the LFA guy to post his numbers? LOL

Bet he has buyers remorse when Toyota voids his warranty for using Launch Control.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pagani Productions HQ
Posts: 6,237
Cool

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Then why the obsession by the LFA guy to post his numbers? LOL

Bet he has buyers remorse when Toyota voids his warranty for using Launch Control.
I guess some people like numbers the best thing of the video is the sound the lfa makes
And i don't if the lfa has been properly run and how many miles it has done
It could be a very fresh barely run in engine.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump