Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-21-2004, 03:52 AM   #1
blah
Regular User

Default God Loves me!

God or someone up there loves me. Ok i had a really shitty birthday so i was down today. When my mom says lets go driving, its around 11, and we start driving around. At around 1145 we are in the industrial center of our city. Its really dark, but some how i see these bright xenons headed towards us. I start to stare at them and realize and say to myself OO SHIT! Car passes us and i tell my mom to bust a U, for i think i just saw a C6 Corvette. These cars arent out yet, so this is the local dealer owner just playing with it. We loose it and i get pissy again, and we are driving around again by the local shopping centers. At around 1150, out of nowhere hes coming the opposite way again, the c6 corvette. I tell my mom to take another u and she does and the damn thing dissapears again, so i try to think of ways to head it off. We do the route i though, and next thing i know coming the opposite way again, we make another u, and finally follow him out, and he makes another U, i think he knew we were following him. Anyways he makes another U and takes off again. We try and follow him but we get caught at a light. He takes off again, and then i realize he probably went to the dealership, so we head there, but the damn thing is gone. But long story short, saw a C6 Corvette, and chased him down with my mom and now im in a good mood. Tommarow im gonna get my Digital Camera, so ill go Landsharking for that C6 Corvette again.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:22 AM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

thats a nice gift on B-day

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:25 AM   #3
possessed_beaver
Regular User

nice!!

why diden't you follow the trail off all the parts falling off the car?
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 AM   #4
aks
Regular User

why diden't you follow the trail off all the parts falling off the car?
happy birthday man. it's always a nice thing to see a really cool car, but on ur bday it must be so much better. nice way to end the day.

don;t forget to post pics if u ever do find it!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
blah
Regular User

I will find this bastard. He was having some fun i bet. Must be nice to own a dealership around here. You can tell the C6 from the C5 from far away, the bright xenons, and even the butt of the car is very recogizable.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
Daggernite
Regular User

I think the C6 is really cool, specially the display which is built into the window, I would like to see that in other cars, I'm sure parts dont drop off it, maybe the quality aint at the top of the scale, but the price is I think.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:35 AM   #7
gis
Regular User

nice sighting,i thoguth the car was for sale now?

daggernite,go to manchester,there is a YS import shop there,only deals with US cars,they are taking orders on C6 vettes now,so they shoudl have sum soon,but they have a load of US vehicles there

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #8
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
daggernite,go to manchester,there is a YS import shop there,only deals with US cars,they are taking orders on C6 vettes now,so they shoudl have sum soon,but they have a load of US vehicles there
What about Bauer Millett

:arrow: http://www.bauer-millett.com/
Old 09-21-2004, 12:48 PM   #9
gis
Regular User

thats the one im on about,i was thinkin bout takin a trip there

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:25 PM   #10
blah
Regular User

also the day before i was driving along, and 10 Ferraris passed the opposite way. INCLUDING A DINO!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: The Convoy included 2 355 Spiders, 1 Teterosa, 1 512, 1 360 Spider, The Dino, a 575M, 2 355 Berlinettes or GTS. They were going by at 100, so i had to look at the wheels and sides of the cars to see. The Dino looked like a older 911 when i saw it from the distance.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:03 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
I think the C6 is really cool, specially the display which is built into the window, I would like to see that in other cars, I'm sure parts dont drop off it, maybe the quality aint at the top of the scale, but the price is I think.
The C5 had HUD (Heads Up Display) since 2000, and the Z06 since 2002.

Blah - Nice sighting - although C6's have been on the road for at least a month now.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:15 PM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
perhaps it depends on the dealer. in Michigan, the Corvette is a huge seller, so a lot of local dealerships have had them... my first sighting/pictures of a non-mfr. plate were about almost 2 weeks before woodward... about aug. 12th.

some areas havent sold as many, so they are going to be among the last to get the vette.
damn fun car to follow, a few lost me as thier tail already :shock: 8)
Old 09-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #13
BADMIHAI
Regular User

although C6's have been on the road for at least a month now.
I've seen/taken pictures of a C6 more than three months ago (see my trip to the USA topic). Still, I guess it's a pretty rare site for now.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #14
blah
Regular User

i have only seen 1? Are they not selling well or is their just a back up at the factorys?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #15
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
although C6's have been on the road for at least a month now.
I've seen/taken pictures of a C6 more than three months ago (see my trip to the USA topic). Still, I guess it's a pretty rare site for now.
your sighting was a test mule though now they are available to the public I've seen a few here but never bothered to take a pic although I plan to go test drive one very soon, (We have the one of the largest Chevrolet Dealers in the Country here)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote