Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
evoWalo
Regular User

Default I almost got carnapped/kidnapped

At 11:45pm tonight (Philippine time) two women tried to forcibly enter my car. I fear this was an attempt of carnapping, kidnapping or an M.O. for prostitutes.

While waiting for my convoy of friends and with my hazards on I double parked a few meters away from McDonald's A.I.M. along Paseo de Roxas Blvd in Makati City when a green motorcycle with a sidecar (tricycle) carrying 2-3 men and 2 women parked in front of me. 2 of the ugly assed women wearing white short shorts and red and white horizontal stripes alighted the green motorcycle/tricycle and proceeded towards my general direction. Thinking they were going to McDonald's for food I didn't give them any mind but due to forced habit I locked my doors as soon as I saw them.

Good thing to because they tried to open the passenger side doors of my car.

Knowing that I wasnt safe in that area anymore I decided to flee the area in a very very fast and the furious manner. All I can say is this got me so paranoid that my plans for Chinese food with my pal was canceled as I sped back home.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
mayer
Regular User

I don't know whether to say, "Glad you're okay", or LMAO.

I think I'll do both.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

what an odd situation.....

a friend of a friend was nearly car jacked last year in Detroit.... the car jacker had his gun pointed at the driver, the driver grabbed his concealed pistol (licensed and legal) and shot the would be car jacker dead.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

My dad was carjacked at a traffic light, in broad daylight in Johannesburg.

The carjacker smashed the passanger window, opened the door sat down next to him - pushed his S&W Revolver into his side and pulled the trigger.

Luckily the round misfired - as he tried to squeeze off another round, my dad managed to undo his seat belt and as he was about to roll out the door the second round went off at point blank range and ripped right through his not unsubstantial lovehandles ( he was glad he had eaten a little too much and drunklots of beer for the years leadig up to that point) and exitted richoteing off the road way.

As he rolled out the door, the perp's partner jumped into the drivers seat to drove away - he made the mistake of turning and exposing the passanger side of the car as he drove off - by then my dad had unholstered his concealed Glock17 and proceeded to empty the clip into the passanger side and back of his Audi as it sped off.

The cops found the car burnt out the next day with the passanger chared to a crisp still in the seat - notch up 1 for the good guys. Note how the carjacker didnt even try save his buddy after he was shot.

My father recovered from the gun shot wound and is still ready and willing to draw down on any mofo that tests his personal space
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Wow. Crazy. Good habits there evoWalo

And RC, your dad is awesome.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
evoWalo
Regular User

Earlier yesterday my friend was talking about her date having a gun in his car and I was thinking the fella was too paranoid. THis morning I'm starting to think the fella was right. This hectic hectic country's going into the shhita.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
mayer
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWalo View Post
Earlier yesterday my friend was talking about her date having a gun in his car and I was thinking the fella was too paranoid. THis morning I'm starting to think the fella was right. This hectic hectic country's going into the shhita.
Maybe it's just because of this recent event that has happened to you, that has made you feel that way. Speaking just for my part of the country, crime hasn't seemed to rise or fall. Shit happens everyday.

I think the real problem with this country is with the crooks in high places; currently Wall Street and the mortgage industry getting bail outs at the taxpayers' expense. The problem is that there are too many apathetic people. Considering that this is a car forum, I'll just stop there.

BTW, nice to hear from RC45 and nthfinity. Good to see a few more bad guys bite the dust.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
evoWalo
Regular User

What does a guy have to do to enjoy a nice car bought with honest hard work?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

evoWalo: If they were hotter chicks would you let them in? hahaha. Glad you are okay btw.

That's one crazy story RC!!!! I am glad your dad is okay after such scary incident.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
evoWalo: If they were hotter chicks would you let them in? hahaha. Glad you are okay btw.

That's one crazy story RC!!!! I am glad your dad is okay after such scary incident.
Yeah - he told me the entire episode unfolded in slow motion and instinct kicked in - he was a motorcycle cop in the 60's and again spent some time doing it in the 80's, and has always carried and is of the old school ilk, that while you think carefully before drawing your weapon to shoot someone, and if you do - you mean to stop them, dead in their tracks if need be.

He also confessed that as the guy sat down, gun drawn he figured his final cheque had just been cashed and he was off to meet his maker, because he was sure he could see the hammer pulling back as the guy shoved the gun into his side - and few people survive a direct point blank S&W .45 gutshot.... it was the moment the weapon dry fired he knew he had been given a reprieve and he was not about to let the guy get a clean second shot.

Luckily he had began to turn already, so the the bullet entered and travelled aound his waist just under the skin, and exited the other side.

He figured - the angel of death had a soul to collect that day - and he was going to do his damndest to make sure it was one of the bad guys and not his.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #11
evoWalo
Regular User

I wouldnt let no hoe I dont know sit in my car. My car seats may get crabs.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #12
torrentjunkie
Regular User

been a while since i went to the philippines, didn't get a chance to go to makati though, but i would expect that kinda stuff in metro manila...but makati? isn't that supposed to be the posh 'americanised' city?

nice story RC, but whenever i hear stories like that i can't help but think what would happen if that were me...i'd prob be screwed...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
styla21
Regular User

Getting jumped by women should never be a traumatic experience.. Glad you're ok Evo!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #14
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
what an odd situation.....

a friend of a friend was nearly car jacked last year in Detroit.... the car jacker had his gun pointed at the driver, the driver grabbed his concealed pistol (licensed and legal) and shot the would be car jacker dead.

Did you friend get any punishment or what happened?
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat View Post
Did you friend get any punishment or what happened?
No, just time filling out paperwork. He did nothing illegal.