Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #31
andreadebi
Regular User

little O.T.: which is the song used in all the autocar's video?in the first seconds as intro..
Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #32
Jasoos
Regular User

Funny that this topic came up at this time: my musical tastes are going through a major change right now: From a playlist which had more rap, hip-hop, and Linkin Park, to a more mature (maybe) playlist with Coldplay, System of a Down, Nirvana, bit of White Stripes, Western and Indian classical music, and a few specific songs such as 'Bohemian Like you' by The Dandy Warhols, 'It's Not Over' by Chris Daughtry... and the like.

Someone told me once that 'Coldplay tells it like it is', which I think is a very accurate description: their songs may not rhyme that well, but the seemingly random collection of phrases which form the lyrics of their songs precisely echo what I feel inside but cannot express. My friends tell me that I smile all the time when I listen to their songs!

Some notable favorites by Coldplay are :
Daylight, which I LOVE waking up to;
Bigger Stronger, which mirrors my feelings when I am trying to perform an overtaking maneuver in my dad's 1.5litre Corolla;
'Trouble', 'Hunting High And Low', 'Amsterdam', 'The Scientist' when I am thinking of my crush...;
and 'Innervision' by System, which has the unfortunate side effect of making my driving speed increase by at least 20km/h

Some Other music I have recently started listening to is those by Pacific Islands artists:
'Ramukanji' and 'Don't Stop' by 1 Toks, a Solomon Islands band;
'Fika MAi Pese' by Zipso; 'Lou Tama E Fai' by Mr TEE, both Samoan;
And some of my colleagues in med school who are from Tuvalu have actually composed and recorded some songs in our dorms! I would love to share them (I have permission, he did not intend them to be commercial exploits, they were just havimng fun)
We have students from all over the Pacific, ang the cultural exchange is just wonderful!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #33
Pokiou
Regular User

Boxer rumble !
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #34
r2r
Regular User

I got sick of my music, so now days I just listen to my glorious '95 intrepid engine.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #35
Mr Snuggle Bunnnie
Regular User

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild, Is a brilliant driving song.
Mr Snuggle Bunnnie is offline   Reply With Quote