Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 03-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

being very close to Grand Rapids, MI.... i know all too well exactly what those two are.

first, the dateline info is quite misleading... and unfortunately, the leaders of the some of the quixtar groups didn't save face, and answer them candidly.

Amway recieved a bad rap some years ago since checks were passed down, and didn't always make it to thier destinations... Quixtar is only a small percentage of amway goods.

what they dont tell you is this:
you really dont make much money from having a ton of people under you in Quixtar... the PV/BV is worth BEANS... where amway, it was actually worth something.

the real profit sharing money is earned through being "on-system" which basically means this: each month, you buy your set of tapes, and books; and attend all the seminars. none of this is cheap... in fact, the other way around. there are the weekly seminars to take yourself, and at least one recruit to... 5$. then there is the monthly seminar to take yourself, and as many recruits to as you can (hopefully by then, anyway) 25$ (per seat). then you have your bi-anual seminar... ($75 per seat) in which month, there isnt the monthly seminar.

if you become quite good, you are invited to be a speaker... which for the bi-anual seminar, can pay $5-20K give or take, and depending if you are the key-note speaker.

the reason to be "on system" is to boost moral... this kind of buisness absolutely requires it... wihtout good moral, it is easy to quit, or never see any earned income from it. (also, so your sponsors make some money)

something else; often, sponsors will buy more books/tapes then what they can sell; as it actually earns them more money.... there is always an excess of books and tapes people dont know what to do with... but really dont give for free, unless you are brand new.

anyway... I don't do this... but i also don't want such a one sided argument
Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

ROFLMAO what a heart breaking stories those folks had loosers are everywere in the world i suppose and jurnalists are love them with all theyr hearts... cause it make such a nice storys (oh and forgot they also make insane amout of money by publishing and broadcasting such news somehow they forgot to mention it in the report)

EDIT: totally agree with Nthfinity. If you help a compnay with produces the tools - tapes, books and other material wouldnt you be happy to receive a part of the sales? I bet you would! If you are making a seminar as a speaker would you like to have a payed or you just do it cause you are so kind? No, if you do it just cause you are such kind person you never come back and share you experiences.
Its going on in all the other companys in the world, ask your doctor how many seminars he attend, how much he get payed, how much he makes if he increase sales to some of the companys and how much he will ge if he will be good doctor and speaking for seminar for other doctors.

I am not activly doing Amway, have registration long time thou, buying stuff we need, from time to time read books and listen the tapes so call me "insider" I think we discussed this few years back

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

We discussed it with you

.................................................. .............................
Old 03-16-2006, 06:32 AM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

I won that time
hehe no, seriosly. Basically it is - if you can get everything you want in your life by doing what you are doing now and you are happy with it - great and theres nothing to solve. But if you cannot get everything you want by doing what you are doing now than you CAN have it by doing this, first part time and then after you will be making 3x more than at your job you can do it full time. If someone says that its easy to do - not true, try and see. There are tonns of people who will try to discorage you thats why you need books, tapes and seminars to increase your skills, learn about business and get motivation. You can try it without it and soon you will be without motivation, discouraged, and saying it doesnt work :bah:

Nobody says you cannot do it doing "classic" business, its much harder thou espesially cause you need huge investmens comparing to amway, its up to you what you will choose.
Noone force anyone anything cause a "convinced" person will not do anything anyway and if someone is doing it - he is loosing his time

By looking at the video you can think - "oh what a bunch of crap it is" that was the goal of that program, as you noticed - "perfect" camera work, "perfect" editing, "perfect" dialogs - perfect "shocking" story :roll:

Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

A friend dragged me to an interview with some guy from Quixtar. We went to have lunch with that guy and he threw the "Im making three figure numbers" crap aswell. He also mentioned he always wanted a cadillac and that he now had it.

In that "meeting" I started wondering, why the hell is a 3-figure-number person doing wasting his time talking to two university students? At the end of the meeting I drove around the parking lot trying to find his beloved Cadillac. There was only 1 cadillac there and it was, like you probablly guessed it, A CRAPPY OLD P.O.S CADILLAC.

Based on that alone, I concluded all this Quixtar is BS. All I know is I would never be one of those fools attending a meeting and acting like a cult saying "freedom, throw that stinking job, Huhh!" like a moron while I wave my hand in a circular motion.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^
that is way out of context.

why is he asking university students? they can be just as successful at it as anybody else.

people think its a get rich quick scheme... but its not by any means... it takes just as much (or more) to make your millions (3 figure? ($999.99 is the largest 3 figure income i know of... )

not everyone can do it the traditional way, and not everyone can do it the profit-sharing way. but i thank God that i have the option to do it whatever way i want
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

I wrote it wrong, I meant SIX figure, not three. If he had did do 6 figure numbers, he would be in the stand shaking the microphone and saying "money money money" instead of walking everywhere to interview people and tell them he has a cadillac. Should have asked him "I love cars and know lots bout them, so what cadillac do u have?" bet he would have ended the meeting right there. What a waste of time that meeting was.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^
the guys i know who are successful at it never stop building;(one 8 figure guy, the other is 7 figures)

.,.. and they are always meeting new people. its entirely possible this guy was lying, but its also entirely possible that he wasn't.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:51 PM   #9
ARMAN
Regular User

You never know who you are talking to, even in Czech are nutcases(few studets also) who have done it very high level insainly fast but they also did tremendous work. But its just few people who do it that way cause not many people have balls to do it that way.