Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 12-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Two words: Nintendo Wii !

Or one: PC
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 AM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Oh, one more thing....
You don't need the "$100 more Memory Card" enabled PS3.. just plug the card into a USB Card Caddy and plug the caddy into a USB port - and hey presto... you are looking at your Digipics on the TV.

And a regular USB keyboard, mouse and even hub all work out of the box.

And yet another - the built in Web Browser supports plugins etc.

I am browsing JW form the PS3 at the moment... that's right folks... this message is coming to you courtesy of Uncle Sony...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:45 AM   #33
ViperASR
Regular User

wow, r u really going to drive us insane with the PS3 internet thing

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:55 AM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Well - that depends on whether you want to hear how you can browse your Hotmail via the PS3, and then even save attachments to a USB memory stick?

You have to give Sony credit... while they screwed up big time with the non-FFB thing... they got the "Internet Device" pieces right.

I thought you were supposed to be able to do this with the XBox360, but I never could get USB peripherals to work with it.

+1 to Sony -5 to M$

And again, this was posted via PS3 from the couch on the BigScreen TV

This is actually pretty cool.

p.s. Did I mention we have Talladega Nights in the Blue Ray player and I just [ALT]-[TAB]ed across to the browser to post this?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 AM   #35
acmarttin
Regular User

This message is coming to you from an Apple (with a heroin addiction.)
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 AM   #36
RC45
Regular User

Yeah - I guess it really is Pics or STFU after all - right?

The "Photo Album" slide show when you plug a USB Card Caddy with Digipics is freaking cool.

It plays an animation that has all your images appear as Poloroids, slides and 4x3 prints and drop onto a white work table surface - like you would toss out your photos from a shoe box and sort them out.

You can zoom in and check them out... really neat feature that had everyone gathering round to see the pics. It even has a little hand ritten postit style date stamp for the images you are slide showing.

The web browser is really intuitive and simple to you use.

Of course, I dont have an HD telly, so I am stuck with 720x480 pixels, but HD would get the full width screen.

I have viewed YouTube videos, downloaded attachments and searched Google.

Now Sony just needs to pay royalties to use FFB and this console will be freaking perfect.

p.s. - anyone want to buy a lightly used XBox360 and a some agmes?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #37
blue8
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
So - place your car/colour combo requests for GTHD Vidoes..

I might find the energy to drive and record some perfect laps in the requested car and post the videos
I want to request for the Ferrari 599 that looks exactly like the one in my signature... i'm not sure if the challenge rims are available in the game but as long as it's in that dark red~ color... thanks in advance!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #38
RC45
Regular User

Update:

You can easily get your PS2 memory card saves to the PS3 hardrive - $15 USB PS2 memory card adapter, and problem solved.

You can play PS2 games (of course ) and GT4 has full FFB support with the G25 and DFP.

You can play audio CD's, and when you insert the CD, the PS3 offers to download the Arist and Track info from Al Gore's Interwebs for you..

The player also supports DVD with ease and is in fact easier to use than the DVD player..

Oh - and in a back to back comparison GT4 kinda looks like crap compared to GTHD.. man we are getting spoiled
Old 12-29-2006, 12:42 PM   #39
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

ahh.. the power of Linux
Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
ahh.. the power of Linux
no.. the power of Windows to make the PC periferal market inot a billion dollar industry by having USB be the defacto standard..

...and then have Sony love money more than life itself so they decided to support the standards instead of make new ones and sell more consoles

If it wasnt for cheap USB devices the PS3 would be a bust - but there are so it isnt..

Feel free to call me "PS3 FanBoy #45"..

BTW, last night I was ranked 20th in GTHD Drifiting with the 599..
Old 12-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #41
Sir_GT
Regular User

STFU RC

...I'm trying to save money...

*must not buy PS3 yet*
Old 12-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #42
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hey RC if your interested Yellow Dog just released their free version of Linux based on Fedora Core for free. Its optimised for the PS3 so you will be better off with that distro than any other one for now I think. Also DOWNLOAD the MOTORSTORM DEMO!!!! I heard it was good man tell us what you think of it.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Hey RC if your interested Yellow Dog just released their free version of Linux based on Fedora Core for free. Its optimised for the PS3 so you will be better off with that distro than any other one for now I think. Also DOWNLOAD the MOTORSTORM DEMO!!!! I heard it was good man tell us what you think of it.
Why would I want Linux on the box?

We want it to be as simple to use as a toaster.. no even simpler.. imagine a toaster that you don't need to put bread in, to et toast out..
Old 12-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #44
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

ahh.. the power of Linux
no.. the power of Windows to make the PC periferal market inot a billion dollar industry by having USB be the defacto standard..

...and then have Sony love money more than life itself so they decided to support the standards instead of make new ones and sell more consoles

If it wasnt for cheap USB devices the PS3 would be a bust - but there are so it isnt..

Feel free to call me "PS3 FanBoy #45"..

BTW, last night I was ranked 20th in GTHD Drifiting with the 599..

Power of Windows my ass.. Any other OS that had a monopoly on the PC market would of made USB standard because they werent asking for tons of royalties that Apple was for using Firewire.

Any OS coming out of Microsoft, including the one on the 360, will be a pig.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #45
RC45
Regular User

Power of Windows my ass.. Any other OS that had a monopoly on the PC market would of made USB standard because they werent asking for tons of royalties that Apple was for using Firewire.
Uhm - that was the entire point of my comment.

It was the power of Windows that allowed that to happen - as until that point in time there had never been consumer/commercial success as the phenomenon called Windows.

So it WAS the power of Windows.. had APple had the brains they could have been the commercial success ... but they weren't, so they aren't. Windows is king...