Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 12-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
wow, what total bollucks..... so the one place where Sony was actually more fun then the other systems, they have just lost out on.
Bingo...

And I will verify later today, but rumour is that even GT3 and GT4 will have NO Force Feedback wehn played on the PS3...

This is a big deal, and not reasily advertised or known.

Playing Tigerwoods PGA without "feeling" the hit of of the drive is a total bust... no rumble from a "slam dunk" in NBA...

Thank the lawyers for this one folks.

The PS3 does support FFB, it has simply been blocked via software until further notice.

Go figure; hopefully you turn a profit on that Piece of Scrap 3
I'll try but won't count on it - the folks at Fry's showed me 12 returned systems - returned unopened after people failed to sell them on ebay hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 PM   #17
ViperASR
Regular User

And that is why I won't buy a PS3. The controller design sucks and now we learn no FFB at all, screw that!

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #18
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Go figure; hopefully you turn a profit on that Piece of Scrap 3
I'll try but won't count on it - the folks at Fry's showed me 12 returned systems - returned unopened after people failed to sell them on ebay hehe
Yeah, here in the Bay Area, it is harder to get a Wii than a PS3. My friend was down at the Sony Store (Metron) the other day and they had about 60 of them in stock.

On CL you could see people trying to get the Wii by trading straight up with the PS3, brand new, unopened.

- - -

About the controller, I wonder if it is possible to use the PS2 control w/ the rumble?

It seems like Immersion would rather license the "technology" to Sony, but Sony doesn't want to give in.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #19
acmarttin
Regular User

I think that Playstation3 is just going through the same sort of bs that all launching consoles have to go through - the media hypes the system up before it's even out, talking about all the great titles that will be on it and all the crazy space age things the new hardware will be able to pull off. Then the company finds out they can't quite deliver what they said they would to the magazines, etc. the previous year. But then the console launches early anyway because delaying it another year would kill the company if their 2 main competitors have had next gen. systems out already for years in Microsoft's case.

So with the launch everyone's disappointed because the only game on PS3 that's any good that they couldn't get on their 360 Box is Resistance: Fall of Man and beyond that everything else is buggy.

A year ago I was kicking myself in the ass for spending so much money on a new HDTV so I could play my $400 Xbox "the right way." But now that stronger games (that were supposed to be launch titles ) are coming out it's becomming more fun.

Give PS3 a year and I think it'll shape out. That's when I'll buy one!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
I think that Playstation3 is just going through the same sort of bs that all launching consoles have to go through - the media hypes the system up before it's even out, talking about all the great titles that will be on it and all the crazy space age things the new hardware will be able to pull off. Then the company finds out they can't quite deliver what they said they would to the magazines, etc. the previous year. But then the console launches early anyway because delaying it another year would kill the company if their 2 main competitors have had next gen. systems out already for years in Microsoft's case.

So with the launch everyone's disappointed because the only game on PS3 that's any good that they couldn't get on their 360 Box is Resistance: Fall of Man and beyond that everything else is buggy.

A year ago I was kicking myself in the ass for spending so much money on a new HDTV so I could play my $400 Xbox "the right way." But now that stronger games (that were supposed to be launch titles ) are coming out it's becomming more fun.

Give PS3 a year and I think it'll shape out. That's when I'll buy one!
These issues are not launch "technology" issues, they are "legality" issues.. and SOny has chosen to not play along - the result is less funtional features than a PS1...
Old 12-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #21
Daggernite
Regular User

Thats really sad to hear about gthd since it was the only thing that tempted me into getting the PS3. Guess the xbox360 and forza is the thing ill look forward to now. Im sorry your $500 seems badly spent.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Thats really sad to hear about gthd since it was the only thing that tempted me into getting the PS3. Guess the xbox360 and forza is the thing ill look forward to now. Im sorry your $500 seems badly spent.
I have seen some writings about Forza not having FFB either.. at least not at the level we would want.

Something about no-one having the license to make FFB hardware for the XBox... its all still psuedo FFB by way of "rumble motors"

Really screwed up if you ask me...

Here we are at the technological dawn of astounding hardware and software possibilities and both the XBox360 and PS3 dissapoint in the worst way possible.

Pity PD doesn't ditch Sony and port the GT franchise to PC...
Old 12-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #23
Pimp Racer
Regular User

What ya smokin RC?
(Give me some please)

THERE IS FORCE FEEDBACK IN GTHD Version 1.0

Sorry I had to do that. Loook more into the settings.

I know for a fact now that you can have force feedback because it was a HUGE deal with the all the geeks over at NEOGAF and some GTHD players over at GTPLANET. But I promise you its availbe just look more in the settings.

*EDIT* Now that you told me RC I dont know about version 1.1 but I know its in for version 1.0
Old 12-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #24
ViperASR
Regular User

lol, someone here is somoking something

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
What ya smokin RC?
(Give me some please)

THERE IS FORCE FEEDBACK IN GTHD

Sorry I had to do that. Loook more into the settings.

I know for a fact now that you can have force feedback because it was a HUGE deal with the all the geeks over at NEOGAF and some GTHD players over at GTPLANET. But I promise you its availbe just look more in the settings.
You are wrong.

And pwned for posting a 3 day old screen shot of the Japanese V1.0 release.

The Japanese version 1.1 update REMOVED FFB.

The US V1.1 has NO FFB.

Sony MAY NOT include FFB support in any title they release until they PAY Immersion Inc license fees.

If you have a Japanese V1.0 download on YOUR PS3, do not upgrade it - you will lose FFB.

You do have a PS3 right?

I was only able to download JV1.1 - missed V1.0 by 18 hours

P.S. I have beaten the demo in english and japanese , took about 20 minutes
Old 12-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #26
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Damn pwned. lol

Well thanks for clearing that up RC.

Nope no PS3 couldnt find one so aint bothering till maybe after summer when they come out with better games as well.

Sony needs to pay up. lol

Oh well thanks for clearing that mess up.
I gotta go eat.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #27
ViperASR
Regular User

owned 0X

Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
owned 0X
You know JW... we are about "Facts only.. " hehe
Old 12-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

So - place your car/colour combo requests for GTHD Vidoes..

I might find the energy to drive and record some perfect laps in the requested car and post the videos
Old 12-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #30
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

This whole FFB issue seems like it will effect the PS3 way too much for them to not pay for the rights to use it.

I didn't even think about force feed back wheels, I just thought they couldnt have a rumble controller.

Since all of the hardware does still support FFB, I'm sure Sony will cough up the money or hackers will find a way