Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Pics of Jabbasworld on the PS3 @ 1080p

Well, due to some really fortunate circumstances I had $700.00 to piss away.. so I emptied my bladder on a PS3.

Needless to say, the first thing we did was download GTHD.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - great visuals... but I tried so hard to like the "game" itself.... sadly it is a pre-pre-pre-pre-beta piece of junk.

Looks stunning, sounds mediocre and controls are worse than a 10 year old keyboard game.

No

Force Feed Back

Support

For

DFP

or

G25

Yes... you read that correctly...

The wheel feels like a suped up powersteering from a Camry... you spend the first 30 minutes over correcting... till eventually you master the 'control" of the steering wheel and the "game" gets ok.

PD should not have released this pre-beta without FFB support.

If its an option to enable it, I could not find it.

The PS3 sees the DFP and the G25 and do the whole spinning an calibration thing... right up until you click the Checkered Flag to start the round.. and then the wheel goes as limp as a deflated penis...

Again - the visuals are stunning - but what a dissapointment for "game" itself... I mean even just "feedback" to stiffen up the wheel would be nice.

Of course if put the 599 in Veyron mode with all aids turned on and change from simulaiotn to amatuer steering you can drive like Schumi... well the game drives you and all do you is stab the gas as if you were driving a Veyron...

Anway - off to play Need For Speed Carbon on the PS3... its more fun

p.s. I am ranked 424th in the world with the Lancer Evo IX GSR
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
Max Power

i can't beleive u bought a ps3 :shock:
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Max Power
i can't beleive u bought a ps3 :shock:
It just sorta happened..

Everyone keeps sayign they are in short supply, so I was at Fry's buying some other crap and as I walked past the guy in the Console seciton I casually said "I know you don't have any and must get asked like 100 times a day how much the PS3's are..."

He says "Actually no-one asks cause they think we dont have any - we have 25 in stock and 25 coming next week... what you want? a $499.99 20GB verison or the $599.99 60GB one?"

I ended up with the $499.99 20GB version a component cable and couple of games..

Oh an GTHD is not that bad, its just the lack of stiffness / feel in the wheel really dissapoints... so I hope they have a patch at least for that bit.

If you look past the sucky controls, the so-so sound, the single track and 20 cars (10 stock and 10 tuned) its about as good as GT3 - but wuth really good graphics hehe
Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #4
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Not suprised..

Hopefully the lack of development in GTHD gives them enough time to make GT5 with everything we want
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Oh well, looks like no Force Feedback on PS3... Sony is embroiled in the same fight with Immersion that Microsoft lost when we had no FFB on the XBox and only limited support on the XBox360.

That's it folks - no FFB for Sony hardware and software...

Looks like the PS3 is going onto eBay, as any future titles without FFB will be a bust..
Old 12-28-2006, 03:51 AM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I'm sorry to say, you should return your PS3, then. Because the new Six-Axis motion sensor controller is incompatible with vibration right now. Sony did announce that the new one will be sold in couple of year's time, but not at the PS3 launch, so oh well. And as for force feedback for a special console wheel or something, I dunno. They could possibly release a patch that you can download.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:11 AM   #7
TransAm
Regular User

Great to hear you got hold of a PS3, sorry to hear its shit with no FFB!

That sucks.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 AM   #8
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Does it make good food?

Just kidding Have fun with your PS3, hope there will be some sort of expansion kit for the controllers, so you can have FFB at last
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ahahahhahah
Old 12-28-2006, 05:46 AM   #10
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
I'm sorry to say, you should return your PS3, then. Because the new Six-Axis motion sensor controller is incompatible with vibration right now. Sony did announce that the new one will be sold in couple of year's time, but not at the PS3 launch, so oh well. And as for force feedback for a special console wheel or something, I dunno. They could possibly release a patch that you can download.
I think that has to do more w/ the law suit w/ Immersion.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20...urdey_01.shtml
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
I think that has to do more w/ the law suit w/ Immersion.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20...urdey_01.shtml
Yes, in short, Immersion is more interested in making money via litigation with Sony than actially selling product in the market place.

Sony on the other hand is more interested in selling BlueRay playes and HD TV's than actually continuing the "entertainment" path created by PS1 and PS2.

Even the new Formula 1 racing game for PS3 is going ahead without FFB development... strange how this dirty little secret wasn't in the advertisment brocures... :roll:

And sadly the Japanese verison 1.0 download of GTHD had full FFB support, but Sony replaced that download with a V1.1 2 days ago that has no FFB support.

The hardware and software can support it - but the lawyers don't want anyone to use it... :roll: :x
Old 12-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #12
TopGearNL
Regular User

Well I was glad to read that you got one, but what a dissapointment :shock:
Old 12-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #13
fabro_s
Regular User

Congrats RC, is really strange you could actually get one. Last week I was in Mcallen, couse Texas is 2 hours from my hometown, and they told me everywhere that the new supply of PS3s for America where coming till next year. And is almost impossible to get one here in Mexico, the prices range between 1,000 Usd and 1,500 Usd.

And how about comparing it to the XBOX 360? is there a lot of difference in graphics? which console do you prefer the most?
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Just to be clear, there is NO shortage of PS3's - it's all hype, they are on sale everywhere, but it seems the reality is that Rumbling controllers and Force Feedbacking wheels are not available.

No "hit" when you play Madden NFL as the controller has no rumble mechanism...

Sorry guys... PS3 is just as much of a sell-out as the XBox360...

Its a "mulit-media" platform, but all in all is more hype than reality.

The same way the XBox360 doesnt do anything extra "game play" related that the XBox doesnt already do - the big news is the "online" support.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

wow, what total bollucks..... so the one place where Sony was actually more fun then the other systems, they have just lost out on. Go figure; hopefully you turn a profit on that Piece of Scrap 3