Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #31
Pimp Racer
Regular User

What makes me pissed off is that PD isnt showing us shit! Like when GT4 was out we got to see screen shots and what not from the Japenesse people who already had the game. But no one has this game so we cant see screent shots or videos! I just hope that GT5 is worth it because if it aint I will be very pissed about the fact I gave up the 360!

As far as PS3 goes I am getting a bit worried. Not many good games for it and ALOT of game develepors are canceling making games for the PS3 and going to the 360 instead! This could quite possible Fuck sony over if they dont their shit straight! I heard its costing Sony around 900 bucks per unit!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #32
nickthaskater

There's quite a few games that interest me on the PS3... At least as many as the 360 has.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #33
Sir_GT
Regular User

A lot of developers cancel. It's been happening since the beginning.

The big companies with the great games stick. The small companies with the crap ones don't. So it's a filter. No worries then.

If I get a next gen console, it'll definitely be PS3. 360 wont get GT5, Winning Eleven, and Tekken 6 for sure. Those are really important exclusives to me. Throw in Virtua Fighter 5, Devil May Cry, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid. I think that's enough to seal the deal.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #34
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
A lot of developers cancel. It's been happening since the beginning.

The big companies with the great games stick. The small companies with the crap ones don't. So it's a filter. No worries then.

If I get a next gen console, it'll definitely be PS3. 360 wont get GT5, Winning Eleven, and Tekken 6 for sure. Those are really important exclusives to me. Throw in Virtua Fighter 5, Devil May Cry, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid. I think that's enough to seal the deal.
Ya I sure hope. But the 360 is getting even much funner games now too!

For example Crack Down which seems a WHOLE lot better and Funner than the Grand Theft Auto Series! I mean you can take the door off a car and use it as a bullet shield! It just looks mind blowing! And GTR dont even talk about that game. Boy it looks like the game with the best graphics I have probably seen in a while! I mean its just stunning! Let me see if I can find that video.

Also another note I just noticed. Rememer that new never before seen video of Gran Turismo? I think at the 45 second mark you can see interior view while driving! Amazing! I think PD is gonna suprise us.....I hope.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #35
evoWalo
Regular User

yeah, the 360 will be getting much funner games and much cheaper to buy as well.

if you dont own a HD display the Wii is a great buy. You could buy a 360 + Wii = PS3
Old 08-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #36
acmarttin
Regular User

Nintendo Wii = Fun for all.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #37
nickthaskater

Oh PS. that Vision GT video is pretty damn old, it's from TGS (Tokyo Game Show) 2005. I uploaded the video to FileFront back in November.

http://files.filefront.com/t_grantur.../fileinfo.html
Old 08-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #38
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Oh PS. that Vision GT video is pretty damn old, it's from TGS (Tokyo Game Show) 2005. I uploaded the video to FileFront back in November.

http://files.filefront.com/t_grantur.../fileinfo.html
Damn you suck. Got my hopes all up. At least it still looks badass!
Old 08-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #39
nickthaskater

Haha like I said, all the video is, is prettied up GT4 code, not full on PS3 GT5 code. So I guess if you're that impressed with this, you'll probably shit yourself when the real deal comes along lol.

Though knowing Polyphony, it won't be out until 2010... :roll:
Old 08-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #40
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Haha like I said, all the video is, is prettied up GT4 code, not full on PS3 GT5 code. So I guess if you're that impressed with this, you'll probably shit yourself when the real deal comes along lol.

Though knowing Polyphony, it won't be out until 2010... :roll:
I highly doubt I will shit myself if GT5 comes out this year....but if it comes out in like 2 years then I bet it will look so badass that I might shit myself.

Now the reason why I say this is because PD is under pressure rite now. Kaz was under pressure and had like less than a month to get something for E3 and as you can see in this years E3 video he didnt look quite happy.

So here's my theory : PD will be under pressure to get this game out for the PS3 that they wont even include damage in the damn game. So therefore I have already told myslef not to get my hopes up for damage because I know there is not a chance in hell that he will include damage. And if the game does include damage than I will be one happy mofo for shelling out some bucks for the PS3. But dont get your hope up I do however WANT skid marks in the game and actually better smoke when you skid. Its great when you are just screwing round with a friend. I also want online. If the next GT doesnt have any one of these I am gonna sell that damn PS3 back!......or just get MGS
Old 08-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #41
Pimp Racer
Regular User

HOLY SHIT! Just heard this guys! Crytek the makers of Far Cry are coming out with a new game called Crysis for the PC and they are also looking for people who can make this game for the PS3 and 360!!!
Just look at the pics! This is PC version BTW.Also click on this link for more.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/cr...reenindex.html

*EDIT*
Added video! Check this out ingame footage demonstration of what you can do such as shoot down a tree and blow up a car and what not.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75929069803475

Old 08-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #42
Sir_GT
Regular User

I dont like FPS games... Only one I ever liked was Goldeneye for the N64, and that was because of the funny titles in the end.

"most harmless"

Priceless.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #43
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Oh shit dont remind me of Golden Eye! That was THE BEST FPS shooter in my honest opinion! Me, 2 of my cousins and even my brohter who hates video games used to spend COUNTLESS HOURS a day on this game in the old days! So much damn fun! I think we beat the game in Perect agent mode....it took forever.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #44
rave426
Regular User

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are incredible.

Thats one reason why i want a Nintendo Wii, hopefully those games will be downloadable
Old 08-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #45
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Is there a Cliff's Note version?
Yes.......The PS3 will kick ass.

Also please note to everyone that I am in no way a fan boy of Sony as I have owned a Xbox 360 before. So Funk off.

Originally Posted by rave426
My goodness!! You must enjoy writting.

Good Info..........

I already have 2 (60gig) PS3's on reserve............Ebay, here I come!
Naw not me, just some guy on another board. Like I stated at the end of post number 7 I just copied and pasted...which took me still over 20 mins because I was confused about how long of a post I could have so I had to split everything up.

Also another thing where did you preorder your PS3's from? I cant find anywhere near me in FL that accepts preorders yet! Some Gamestops and Ebgames they are only in Tampa and I think Miami.
Yeah, sorry for the delay. I preordered one PS3 at Sam Goody. I live in Louisiana by the way. But the one at Sam Goody was my first preorder and it is a bundle pack, and I only did it because I didnt want to pass it up.

I recently preordered one at F.Y.E. I was number 8 on the list so I should be guaranteed to get one. I dont know anybody else that is reserving them as of now