Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 09-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #16
abbor
Regular User

Was there any hint of leak on the other before you discovered it was broken?
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #17
Jabba
Regular User

Condensation dripping from the insulation but it was very minor and therefore hard to detect.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #18
topgeartom
Regular User

well, it looks the bollocks, and lets face it - whats 200mhz loss between friends.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #19
callen
Regular User

Jabba u are the king! that system is more than my brian can process. u got stuff in their ive never even hrd of, but ive gained an infinite amount of knowledge since i joined JW, and look forward to learning more, and one day maybe ill have enuf knowledge to build a system so technically superior as urs (and the $$$ to do it of course!)
Old 09-22-2004, 07:59 PM   #20
Toronto
Regular User

so can you take bong hits with your water cooling set up?

cause that would be crazy!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:03 AM   #21
Jabba
Regular User

As in make drinks with it ?
Old 09-23-2004, 04:09 AM   #22
PATo355
Regular User

Sad that it ended like this , you payed a lot of money for the system and you are building it yourself , imagine how much money would have you saved by making this at the first time ... well ... for the next pc you can build your own setup

Weird that you are getting just 4.0 from the 3.2 ghz P4 , im sure ive read in overclockers.cl about ppl getting 3.7 off 2.8 P4 processors , thats why building an overclocked PC is worth the money , buying a 2.4GHZ processor made these days its basically the same as the most powerfull ( 3.6 i believe ) , so you can squeeze it till 3.7 3.8 easily .

BTW very nice job , it must be apain in the ass to build all that stuff

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:15 AM   #23
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
Jabba u are the king! that system is more than my brian can process. u got stuff in their ive never even hrd of, but ive gained an infinite amount of knowledge since i joined JW, and look forward to learning more, and one day maybe ill have enuf knowledge to build a system so technically superior as urs (and the $$$ to do it of course!)
You dont need a lot of money to play with that kind of stuff , get an amd they are cheap , you can end with a system very fast , maybe close to Jabbas , but Jabbas one has 2gb of ram if i am correct and what was insanely expensive was the 4 screen setup , but for learning get some cheap processor , its very fun .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:18 AM   #24
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
Sad that it ended like this , you payed a lot of money for the system and you are building it yourself , imagine how much money would have you saved by making this at the first time ... well ... for the next pc you can build your own setup
Yes that has crossed my mind a few times....but I have learned so much from the whole experience that I would not have known if I had tried to build it myself at the beginning.

When things are going right with it then you feel a real sense of achievement...when things start going badly that it can become a bit frustrating.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:22 AM   #25
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Yes that has crossed my mind a few times....but I have learned so much from the whole experience that I would not have known if I had tried to build it myself at the beginning.

When things are going right with it then you feel a real sense of achievement...when things go badly that it can become a bit frustrating.
That is a good point , you learned something because of the problem , im sure next time you would like to build the pc . And yes when you are trying to do something and does not work again and again it works to be a little frustrating , but then when you get it is very amazing .

BTW , what happened with the savrov guys about the videocards ? I lost that discussion since ive been with a lot of tests lately , thats why my lack of posting

Old 09-23-2004, 04:26 AM   #26
Jabba
Regular User

You dont need a lot of money to play with that kind of stuff , get an amd they are cheap , you can end with a system very fast , maybe close to Jabbas , but Jabbas one has 2gb of ram if i am correct and what was insanely expensive was the 4 screen setup , but for learning get some cheap processor , its very fun .
The end result may not be that expensive but the learning curve can be.

I have so far gone through a psu, air cooled reservoir, maybe a new P4 (The current one has been slightly damaged by corrosion) over £200 in various shipping charges and more to come (just ordered another double rad) you would be surprised how quickly it can all add up. I do agree with you that it can be excellent fun though.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:30 AM   #27
PATo355
Regular User

The end result may not be that expensive but the learning curve can be.

I have so far gone through a psu, air cooled reservoir, maybe a new P4 (The current one has been slightly damaged by corrosion) over £200 in various shipping charges and more to come (just ordered another double rad) you would be surprised how quickly it can all add up. I do agree with you that it is indeed excellent fun.
Its fun i just build myself an Athlon , not that expensive but around a thousand dollars without monitor , savesd money by buying an Amd 2500+ processor and its running like a 3400+ processor , without any problems of stability , and that means in money that i saved 100 dollars in the processor , as the 2500 retails for 100 and the 3200 for almost 210 dollars .

looking in the pics , the socket of the cpu looks full of thermal paste , ive read everywhere that you just need a little , this guys bathed the processor in that shit , which is not good ( i can be wrong , im a n00b in this stuffs )

Old 09-23-2004, 04:34 AM   #28
Jabba
Regular User

BTW , what happened with the savrov guys about the videocards ? I lost that discussion since ive been with a lot of tests lately , thats why my lack of posting
Basically they washed their hands of it because I fitted my own video card and didn't get them to do it. They knew this was utter crap as the pipe that was leaking was no where near the video card that I fitted.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:44 AM   #29
Jabba
Regular User

looking in the pics , the socket of the cpu looks full of thermal paste , ive read everywhere that you just need a little , this guys bathed the processor in that shit , which is not good ( i can be wrong , im a n00b in this stuffs )
It is needed with the vapochill system as it reduces temps down to below -20 the extra thermal paste it to deal with any condensation issues that arise and if anything that didn't use enough.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:45 AM   #30
PATo355
Regular User

It is needed with the vapochill system as it reduces temps down to below -20 the extra thermal paste it to deal with any condensation issues that arise and if anything that didn't use enough.
Ok it must be a special one and of course not conductive , my bad

Hope you can fix it b4 the new TG season , hehe , good luck

And good nite