Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #31
cooperluke
Regular User

It's to avoid those chinese batteries, understandable. They wan't to make business...

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #32
nthfinity
Regular User

whats cool is the iphone will be outdated as quick as its the best on the market

(maybe this is spamming.... but stmoritzer reminded me of how close to 10k I'm at)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #33
Svensson
Regular User

^ Congratulations, you've just reached 10k! Now stop posting, it's a nice post count
Old 07-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Svensson
^ Congratulations, you've just reached 10k! Now stop posting, it's a nice post count
doh!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #35
Svensson
Regular User

^ Oh no, what have you done
Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #36
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hey guys long time no see. Been busy as fuck!

Anyways I was at my cousins house and he is a MAC maniac. He basicly has everything mac. Anyways I saw and experienced first hand the APPLE IPHONE 8GB version!!!

Initial thoughts.

*Damn very Light weight!!!
*Badass
*Sleek
*No extra buttons and other shit
*Battery life!

Then I played around with it and it was fun but after about 30 minutes of it I kinda just realsized that it was just the same as all other smartphones except this is just touchscreen fully and sleek.

So all in all the Iphone had me excited but it gets kinda "boring" after a while as it doenst have anything software wise better compared to other phones. Also the lack of all Youtube videos not working kinda sucks but its alright as my cousin said it is being worked on.

Pros-
-Great design
-comfortable in pocket and doesnt take up much room compared to TREO's and that sort.
-Full touch screen and only one button andslinencer switch is kinda neat
-Pretty nice pictures for a phone from the camera IMO

CONS-
-Lack of games! Not that big of a deal but kinda helpful every now and then to be able to play solitare or something on the phone.
-Bland. With the exception of the photoviewing none of the software stands out it all is basically the same as on other phones.
-Cant put on 3rd party software. EX. On windows mobile you can add a program to make your phone be able to be used as a remote control.
-Cant have custom ringtone! WTF???
-Price
-No memory expansion Sure 8 or 4 gigs is alot but they should have created one with no built in memory and had an expansion to make it more affordable.

All in all the iphone is great but doesnt have anything "special" software wise that other phones on the market cant do. I dont think its worth the 600 bucks. It should be more like 300 as all of the phone is just basic overhyped regular old shit. The only real cool thing is the freaking touchscreen. Other than that the phone just sucks software wise. Also the internet feature was pretty darn good.

All in all I give it a 7/10.
Hardware wise it nice and innovative somewhat
Software wise its a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.