Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Canon 30D, 17-40 F4L, 70-200 F2.8L, 580EX II

Well, need some suggestions. Wise move? Wrong moment?

Let's consider I don't want to spend 1D money at the moment and still prefer to buy a new camera rather than second hand. Also, not interested in full frame 5D.

I know the 30D isn't the latest model, but rather than having a 400D, I'd get the 30...

The reason I am considering this is because I am starting to think my 350 isn't working as good as it did in the past.

I only use L lenses now, and I think I know how to take pics, and yet, focusing is often really wrong, so is sharpness and so on. my guess is that it got damaged somewhere in the accident I had in december and that it is showing now that the winter is going and I am taking more pics.
possible that something got damaged inside preventing me to obtain good quality from my shots? if you think the Milano-Sanremo shots were ok, well, yes, some of them were, but you should have seen all the crappy ones I took home..

I should maybe do some more testing, but today I stopped to take some quick pics of 5 430 Challenge side by side (red, red, yellow, white, gunmetal, no stickers on them) and well, 10 pics, 9 blurry ones and only barely ok...

maybe I am just paranoid and I should concentrate more on my pictures taking, but considering how bad the accident was, I could understand if something isn't working anymore in the 350D...

Anyway, the basic question is: is it worth to spend 30D money atm? It's not like there are that many options in the new Canon cameras range anyway...

Last edited by TT; 12-27-2007 at 04:59 PM.
TT is offline   Reply With Quote