Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 03-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Default 2006 Cadillac XLR-V

Another addition to the V series.

Pictures and info - http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/cadillac_xlr-v.asp

My dad's friend or someone owns a black XLR! I saw it and it sounded nice! I should have asked him for a ride! Oh well next time I see him.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
blah
Regular User

my question is what is this competing againest? Definately not the SL55, SL600 with those numbers.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
Pimp Racer
Regular User

NSX......the lower end Porsches....and thats all that comes to my mind for now. But I gotta burn a DVD so I shall be back in a few!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
DeMoN
Regular User

Well sorry to highjack your thread a little, but I wanted to know if anyone here knows which car this is...

I saw it on the ISLAND trailer and I am about to only dload and see the movie due to that car. It does look a little cadilacish but I might be wrong.

I am sure this is a car made for the movie like audi did for I Robot, anyone have any idea?

You can go to www.apple.com/trailers and see the trailer in HIGH res full screen if you are interested to know which car it is.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
blah
Regular User

Looks like the Caddilac CIEN.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #6
hemi_fan
Regular User

WOW, Its about time they put some more power into that caddy! I bet it handles like a dream too since its on a vette chassis. Only downside is, it'll probably cost as much as a low-end supercar.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:37 PM   #7
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

im pretty sure it goes against the SL55. hard top convertable, many luxury ameneties 2 door 2 seater GT cruiser. they are very similar cars, this will be cheaper than the SL55 im sure as the regular XLR is cheaper than the SL500. true its down roughly 60 horses but it is a bit lighter than the SL (400lbs i think). i really like the styling of it.

i dont really think the NSX qualifies, its more purpose built as a sports car rather than a luxury cruiser and plus honda sells about 10 a year so they arent much competition lol
Old 03-23-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Well sorry to highjack your thread a little, but I wanted to know if anyone here knows which car this is...

I saw it on the ISLAND trailer and I am about to only dload and see the movie due to that car. It does look a little cadilacish but I might be wrong.

I am sure this is a car made for the movie like audi did for I Robot, anyone have any idea?

You can go to www.apple.com/trailers and see the trailer in HIGH res full screen if you are interested to know which car it is.
No problem! Thanks for showing me this! I now wanna watch it!
BTW its a Cien of course!

Originally Posted by hemi_fan
WOW, Its about time they put some more power into that caddy! I bet it handles like a dream too since its on a vette chassis. Only downside is, it'll probably cost as much as a low-end supercar.
I am gonna assume that the price will hopefully be under 100 000 or else not alot of people would be getting it!

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
i dont really think the NSX qualifies, its more purpose built as a sports car rather than a luxury cruiser and plus honda sells about 10 a year so they arent much competition lol
Yeah thats true the Caddy has a WAY better interior quality wise than the NSX for sure so they cant really compete. BTW Honda sells more than 10 a year. I believe since 1990 ( the start of the production of the NSX) there have only been about 8000 - 9000 made? Now talk about rare! :shock:
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 AM   #9
gobs3z
Regular User

I like the xlr styling but this is way to bland for a V tunesd car. It needs a buldge in the hood and a lower stance. And Demon that car looks like a Chrysler ME412.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:50 AM   #10
blah
Regular User

how many of you have been in an SL or an XLR? Even RC will tell you that its not about the performance in this market. Its about what you get with your car. Personally i like the styling of the XLR they are nice sexy lines, especially in black with xenon headlights, but the interior and the over all package is lacking compared to an SL.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:56 AM   #11
coloradosilver
Regular User

I need to know the price and performance #s. There are way to many "na" listings in that article. Those thing that have the "na" by then are all of the important things that will determine qhat you're really getting and if it's worth what you'll be paying for it.

My guess is that you could by a Corvette (same GM offspring) and save a lot of money without the Cadillac name. Not to mention better performance. The Caddy may have an extra 40 hp on the stock C6, but the Vette will still whip it around the track and in the 1/4 as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:06 AM   #12
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
how many of you have been in an SL or an XLR? Even RC will tell you that its not about the performance in this market. Its about what you get with your car. Personally i like the styling of the XLR they are nice sexy lines, especially in black with xenon headlights, but the interior and the over all package is lacking compared to an SL.
I kind of disagree with you.

Anyone that buys a 2 door with 440hp does have performance in mind.

Granted that the interrior may be nicer than the C6, but there are extremely similar styling ques both inside and out with both cars.

It must have been cheaper to supercharge a smaller V8 than try to tune up the current LS2. Usually if they had just wanted this car with 400 hp they would have just thrown in that same LS2 engine from the C6 with the Caddilac logo on it.

Who knows, maybe it'll halp some people justify the price. Saying that they own a $50,000 Caddilac, rather than a $50,000 Chevy. Even though, besides a few luxury features, they'll be very similar in both performance and reliability.

Even though, in my experience, a Supercharged engine can have a lot more go wrong with ity than a NA engine left stock.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #13
blah
Regular User

Part of it is performance but, thats not the reason most people buy this type of car. These are suppose to be perfect DDs, and i just dont think the XLR in its current state can fit that bill.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 AM   #14
coloradosilver
Regular User

DDs? Is that daily drivers?

I suppose it would be practicle if you life in California or Florida or something like that.

Buy if you've ever tried to drive a 350 + RWD car in anything more than a 1/2 inch of snow, you might change you mind. This car will not appeal as a Daily Driver anywhere that gets any substantial yearly snowfall.

I suppose that I'm bias here because I live in Colorado and also own a Corvette. I know that trying to drive that thing in the snow as a daily driver is not a brilliant idea. To me, a daily driver has AWD and usually less than 350 hp to be somewheat practical.

The RWD cars with highter HP #s out here are only out on the weekends and on really nice days.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:06 AM   #15
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
DDs? Is that daily drivers?

I suppose it would be practicle if you life in California or Florida or something like that.

Buy if you've ever tried to drive a 350 + RWD car in anything more than a 1/2 inch of snow, you might change you mind. This car will not appeal as a Daily Driver anywhere that gets any substantial yearly snowfall.

I suppose that I'm bias here because I live in Colorado and also own a Corvette. I know that trying to drive that thing in the snow as a daily driver is not a brilliant idea. To me, a daily driver has AWD and usually less than 350 hp to be somewheat practical.

The RWD cars with highter HP #s out here are only out on the weekends and on really nice days.
i do live in socal and remember the pics ive taken of the F40? his daily driver right now is a Gallardo, and for a week it was the F40 while the 360 was in for repairs. He doesnt drive his RS6 that much anymore. In a place like Colorado id say the ultimate DD would be a 330Xi, G35Sedan X, or an S4 if you have to have the power, or a E500 4Matic.