Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 03-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
c_theodoros
Regular User

Default BMW E90 3series NEW UK official photos...

the new E90 320d...

c_theodoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

seen it in GT4 already lol
it looks like a new 5 series that got squeezed from the front and the back.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:30 PM   #3
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Or piglike in the front or as frumpy
Old 03-10-2005, 10:38 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

In a little over a month, we'll all find out just how much better the E90 is Dealers get delivery at the end of April which means i'll be driving one before any of you get to see it in person

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #5
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso

Nice try. See the E90 in the metal first. It is far better looking than anything else in its class. All bias aside. It is bloody handsome.

Besides this:

Looks just like:

Two cars that lost their way and crashed into the ugly tree.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Cos people will buy anything with a BMW logo on it
a status Audi can only dream about

and i'm sure this status is a hard one not to abuse *cough*Isetta*cough*

Old 03-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #7
TransAm
Regular User

Apart from it's horrible dashboard (improved as of 2002/2003) and toilet seat front grille, I think the S-type is lovely car, more classy than the germans. Note I said more classy. Not more reliable or better built, or fastest, but it carries itself like only a Jag-U-ar (not jagooar sorry) can.

As for the styling of these new BMWs, I think the looks will grow on us. I hated the Z4 when it came out, I thought it was an abomination. My neighbour has one and of course I get to see it every day, it has really grown on me over the past 2 years, and I think it's a great looking car now. I still think the interior could have been slightly better, but it is strange that the look of a car can grow on you after a while. Maybe Bangle wasn't that far 'off' after all

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I think the looks will grow on us. I hated the Z4 when it came out, I thought it was an abomination
I've been hearing this phrase alot lately I have to admit, i said the same thing when i first saw the Z4. "WTF is BMW doing?!" but a few months later it was more like but i loved the E65 from the moment i got passed by one on I-10/Loop 202 in Phoenix

Old 03-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #9
TransAm
Regular User

Hey ZfrkS62, Slightly OT but the pics are of a 320d so...

Do BMWNA have any plans to bring the diesels over yet? Merc have the E320 CDI here now. I drove both the E500 and E320CDI at a Mercedes experience, one after the other and boy was I impressed with the diesel car. The last diesel I drove wasn't old tech by any means (my stepdads 02 Renault 1.9d, about 120hp) but the Merc is in a different league (just comparing engines, not the rest of the car LOL)

Old 03-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #10
bmagni
Regular User

looks really nice imo, and still it will look better on the road than on the pics
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Dream about WTF are you on about???

I hope Audi never becomes a brand people just buy, cuz its a Audi.....It will lead down the same path as BMW have gone down with fugly design, worse reliability and so on.....
And thats before we start to look at what kind of people alot of them who buy BMW`s are...They dont know shit about cars just buys it to get street cred and trying to get som muff with the car...(said by a BMW guy not me)

NOT something I want "my" brand to deteriorate into......

Dont get me wrong here there are alot of car nuts with alot of knowledge on cars who buys BMW, thats not my point...but if you look at the people buying M`s and compare it to the people buying RS models from Audi chances are there are more car lovers in the RS camp......
For once, unfortunately, you are absolutely right.

In fact, if Bangle's design keeps the posers away, and leaves the hard core BMW "drivers" as the buyers, then all the better to him... sadly, I don't think that's the case. It seems more and more of the the "poser" crowd are being drawn to the new BMWs... which I have to admit, bother's me a bit.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:04 AM   #12
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT

I hope Audi never becomes a brand people just buy, cuz its a Audi.....It will lead down the same path as BMW have gone down with fugly design, worse reliability and so on.....
And thats before we start to look at what kind of people alot of them who buy BMW`s are...They dont know shit about cars just buys it to get street cred and trying to get som muff with the car...(said by a BMW guy not me)

Dont get me wrong here there are alot of car nuts with alot of knowledge on cars who buys BMW, thats not my point...but if you look at the people buying M`s and compare it to the people buying RS models from Audi chances are there are more car lovers in the RS camp......

In fact, if Bangle's design keeps the posers away, and leaves the hard core BMW "drivers" as the buyers, then all the better to him... sadly, I don't think that's the case. It seems more and more of the the "poser" crowd are being drawn to the new BMWs... which I have to admit, bother's me a bit.
To be honest guys, the only posers i've encountered with the newer BMWs are the "chic" chicks. and they all drive either E46's or E36 318ti's (which i refer to as the yuppie's daughter's car) The guys that drive the E46 all want to bump up to either a 330Ci or an M3, or even the E90 330Ci when it comes out.

5 owners with 530i's wth the sport package aren't really posers..just chickens the 545i hauls ass and doesn't handle like the boat it appears to be, so it really gives the parent who didn't want to be a parent, a chance to feel like they still have some dignity in driving a 4 door. But then again the E60 just continues that tradition from the E39 540is (i haven't had the chance to drive an E34 540 or V8 530)

7 owners...well..they're their own animal. Being BMW's flagship, posh car, the 7's are entitled to theur own breed

Old 03-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #13
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

To be honest guys, the only posers i've encountered with the newer BMWs are the "chic" chicks. and they all drive either E46's or E36 318ti's (which i refer to as the yuppie's daughter's car) The guys that drive the E46 all want to bump up to either a 330Ci or an M3, or even the E90 330Ci when it comes out.

5 owners with 530i's wth the sport package aren't really posers..just chickens the 545i hauls ass and doesn't handle like the boat it appears to be, so it really gives the parent who didn't want to be a parent, a chance to feel like they still have some dignity in driving a 4 door. But then again the E60 just continues that tradition from the E39 540is (i haven't had the chance to drive an E34 540 or V8 530)

7 owners...well..they're their own animal. Being BMW's flagship, posh car, the 7's are entitled to theur own breed
BMW drivers aren't really posers....as much as they're just assholes.

they really think that they are superb people cos they drive a BMW, which is hilarious! cos (A) many of us can afford a BMW, we just don't want one (B) there are many cars which are nicer, faster, and better than BMWs.

and yes, the girls who drive BMWs are total airhead trophy wives. LOL

edit: a few weeks ago, a 330ci found it's way next to me at the light. i don't usually look for races, but at the light he floored it and took off...so at the next light, i decided to give him some boost. He floored it again at the next light....but so did i he was gone in my rear view mirror...not really even close. probably an automatic. What does he do?? he proceeds to cut me off over and over and over again over the next 15 minutes on the road together. the perfect example of an asshole, BMW drivers very commonly do this type of thing here....and they are sore losers
lol, sadly everso, you are correct about many bmw drivers being complete assholes, but then their are those of us who loved bmw for their history witht the car (me). and i intend on getting a new 3-series because it is IMO the best balance between sports and luxury in a small car. but i hate all these other assholes that give bmw drivers a bad name because they have penis envy and must compensate for it by buying a yuppie-mobile 3 series or 5 series to compensate for it. and on top of it, a lot of high-schoolers (at lest here in PBG) have these rich daddies that will buy them anything, so they choose a bmw 330ci, rice it out, and drive like complete nutters! these are not the people bmw engineers, stylists, and ceos are trying to attract.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #14
TransAm
Regular User

On the subject of boost vs bavaria, everso:

(US Spec) E36 M3 vs Saab 9-3 stage 2

Who do you think won?

Rolling start, about 30mph, BTW

Sorry for threadjack before y'all shoot me, too

Old 03-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #15
ZfrkS62
Regular User

BMW drivers aren't really posers....as much as SOME of them are just assholes.

they really think that they are superb people cos they drive a BMW, which is hilarious! cos (A) many of us can afford a BMW, we just don't want one (B) there are many cars which are nicer, faster, and better than BMWs.

and yes, some of the girls who drive BMWs are total airhead trophy wives. LOL

edit: a few weeks ago, a 330ci found it's way next to me at the light. i usually don't look for races, but at the light he floored it and took off...so at the next light, i decided to give him some boost. He floored it again at the next light....but so did i he was gone in my rear view mirror...not really even close. probably an automatic. What does he do?? he proceeds to cut me off over and over and over again over the next 15 minutes on the road together. the perfect example of an asshole, BMW drivers very commonly do this type of thing here....and they are sore losers
I haven't encountered any asshole Bimmer drivers here, but maybe that's just the Southern hospitality thing talking In Phoenix, they usually stuck around Scottsdale and if they were outside of there, they didn't really bug anyone since the mexicans would probably carjack them if they pissed them off

And yeah, that 330 you raced probably was an automatic. it would have been a much better race if it had been a 5 or 6 speed but i don't think i need to tell anyone here that