Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 12-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #16
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by m0ng0l01dz View Post
Wow! Such harsh words from a man named after a fly by night car marque ( build an engine and we'll talk about performance, otherwise you're a kit car). If you don't like top gear, why do you watch it? hang tight, wait for 5th gear, we'll call you if anything changes on top gear that we feel you need to know about
5th gear is better now
The problem is with television you never now with you can expect.
Pagani is not a kit car.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:41 AM   #17
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default See El Kay

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Pagani is not a kit car.
Oh, my bad. It's a CLK with a body kit Im sure if I stuck a 7.3l V12 in a beetle, that'd be quick too.
m0ng0l01dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:49 AM   #18
Pokiou
Regular User

i loved this weeks show
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #19
styla21
Regular User

Seems like a love it or hate it episode... Looking forward to it
Old 12-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #20
tonguemahoop
Regular User

the bmw lapping the track with noone at the wheel was the best part.. put hamiltons amazing time in the shade, shows u what is possible nowadays
tonguemahoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by m0ng0l01dz View Post
Oh, my bad. It's a CLK with a body kit Im sure if I stuck a 7.3l V12 in a beetle, that'd be quick too.
wrongg .. its not a CLK ... and yeah a beetle would be just as fast but not as special ...
the way you are saying ... means the Mclaren was a kit car so was first koenigsegg with the ford block .. and so is the saleen ..

get over it mate .. you are just simply wrong
Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #22
regele

Originally Posted by tonguemahoop View Post
the bmw lapping the track with noone at the wheel was the best part.. put hamiltons amazing time in the shade, shows u what is possible nowadays
How does it put Hamilton's time in the shade? They seem like pretty unrelated events to me, besides that, despite what they said, this isn't the first car that is able to do that, the first one I saw was a VW featured over a year ago on 5th gear and there are probably other even older cars like that.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #23
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Talking

Originally Posted by saadie View Post
wrongg ... means the Mclaren was a kit car so was first koenigsegg with the ford block .. and so is the saleen ..

get over it mate .. you are just simply wrong
Yeah basically kit cars all around, not saying theyre not fancy pantsy and fun to be around, but facts is facts. ac cobra was a kit car. It basically boils down to being a tuner ride, but not a car as a whole. When you have to take the motor to a different service dept than the radio....its like the customer cars in F1. More companies need to be constuctors, especially when you're taking my works and calling them simply your own. It should be the Pagani CLK . I got buddies with 10second Civics, they dont go calling them " Bubbagump ctr" You know I think im gonna do that, im gonna take my 300zx and rebadge it, cause I put a front air dam on it. Now thats wrong!
...and a beetle with an AMG V12 would be alot faster, for the 90 milliseconds that it remained in the back!

Last edited by m0ng0l01dz; 12-04-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
regele

Mate are you consistently high? Let it go already, 9/10 car people will tell you Pagani is not a kit car, the engine is from a clk gtr, but the rest is different, where as your friends Civics might do 10 secs, but they still have lots of parts that you can find on a standard Civic, how you compare a fast civic with a Pagani is really beyond me.

Oh and another thing, if Pagani was badged as a Mercedes that would instantly make it not a kit car right?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #25
saadie
Regular User

^^ hehe ..

m0ng0l01dz your concept about kit cars is totally wrong ... no offence ..

a caterham .. ariel atom .. radicals .. these cars are kit cars ... because they are not Production cars

hmm so all the cars listed below are kit cars huh ? ..
Pagani Zonda
Gumpert Appolo
Mclaren F1
Saleen
Koenigsegg CC8s
help me out here people

ohh and strapping in a AMG V12 in a beetle wouldnt make the beetle a kitcar ... just think for yourself

Last edited by saadie; 12-05-2007 at 10:30 AM.
saadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #26
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default Ooh???

Originally Posted by saadie View Post
help me out here people

ohh and strapping in a AMG V12 in a beetle wouldnt make the beetle a kitcar ... just think for yourself
OK lets look at the similarities of swapping a v12 in a bug v. Pagani.
V12 in a bug, the bug is a production car!
The v12 is a production engine
Now the pagani
The pagani is a production car
The amg V12 is a production engine
Now , I cant really see many differences there so I'll try to examine deeper
The Pagani was designed to use an AMG powerplant
The bettle was designed to use a german engine... ummm....
still not seeing the differences.
Maybe we should look at the ariel atom?
Honda K20 motor or GM Ecotec
now I see a difference! If it can use more than one engine, its a kit car!
But my buddy's "bubbagump CTR" uses a k20 now and it previously had a b16, Kit Car? Its all honda with tuner parts. NIRA says its legit cause it all from one manufacturer, but I think they'd have a hard time with a pagani, one they wouldnt have with a saleen since they have a direct affiliation with fomoco, or else then we'd have to say that a ford gt is a kit car since saleen builds the engine?which ford provides.
The obvious issue you are having is one of lust.
You care about the pagani so much that you are refusing to see it for what it is.
As far as people helping you out here, we are gonna need a therapist and a script for cymbalta to allow you to sleep at night after having such a paradigmatic shift in your consciousness.
You're a swell fella tre|\|to|\|.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #27
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default Lol

Originally Posted by regele View Post
Mate are you consistently high?
Yesss!
Let it go already, 9/10 car people will tell you Pagani is not a kit car, the engine is from a clk gtr, but the rest is different, where as your friends Civics might do 10 secs, but they still have lots of parts that you can find on a standard Civic, how you compare a fast civic with a Pagani is really beyond me.
I didnt say it was a comparison, merely an example of a fallacy of thought, and the 1/10 that agree with me means that there is a discrepancy ( I just hope the they are all BSME's as well
Oh and another thing, if Pagani was badged as a Mercedes that would instantly make it not a kit car right?
uh... yeah! it makes it now a Mercedes. But more so a pagani*
*featuring Mercedes AMG V12
My point is simply that they are not constructors, not tuners, but a plastic supply company.
OOH I want the new Hasbro with kung fu grip!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #28
saadie
Regular User

owhh you know my old fake name .... sweet ..

lets settle this with a poll ..

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53288
Old 12-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #29
Shinigami
Regular User

The popular definition on the net shows that "kit car" is an automobile available in kit form. You buy the pieces and build it yourself. By that definition, the Ariel Atom is not a kit car.

If kit car overcame other definitions, then one could call a very large number of vehicles kit cars. e.g. most parts in a Volvo come from Ford parts bins. How much in a Vanquish is really "Aston Martin", coz there too, you'll find Volvo side mirrors and doors from Mazda.

The concept of using parts from across ranges of vehicles is not a new concept, and just because the Zonda has a V12 from MB would not make it a kit car based on the first analogy. In fact, a very large portion of the "Zonda" is built uniquely at their own factory (parts machined from solid aluminium, nevermind the unique CF body).

Very few cars these days have truly unique parts. Those that do such as the new Mazda MX5 (some 90% of all parts are unique) still come with a Ford EcoTech engine. So it's a kit car all of a sudden?

Someone seems to be generalizing the term "kit car" a bit too much.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 AM   #30
vexor
Regular User

Lewis Hamilton uncut pt.1 http://www.topgear.com/content/video...adband_wm.html
Lewis Hamilton uncut pt.2 http://www.topgear.com/content/video...adband_wm.html

News uncut pt.1 http://www.topgear.com/content/video...adband_wm.html
News uncut pt.2 http://www.topgear.com/content/video...adband_wm.html
News uncut pt.3 http://www.topgear.com/content/video...adband_wm.html

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote