Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Smartdriver
Regular User

Default BMW Welt

Well yes, I also went to visit the new BMW Welt in Minich
Let's go with order. On 20 October 2007 was inaugurated this incredible structure and almost by coincidence the first week of November, I decided to spend a short holiday in this city.
This isn't the first time that I visit Munich, I love this city and as you all know is the BMW's home. Previously, I had visited the museum but what I saw this time was really spectacular
What your eyes see is an ulta-modern structure, built after 4 years of work and about 100 million euros spent!
To see both externally and internally is really impressive and encloses a small BMW's world
We find not only the whole range of cars currently in production, but also many areas where you can see currently technology used on normal BMW cars and the study of new systems that perhaps in the future we will see on cars
Almost everything that you can see, you can touch and try! Childrens enjoy so much here...but not only childrens...
There is also a very large up floor where you can test cars and possibly buy if you want one, like a normal dealer.

So, here some shots. If you came in Munich, don't forget to visit BMW Welt, it's a very funny experience!

More pics in hight resolution and two different size are avaiable on my website: www.italiansupercar.net

www.italiansupercar.net --- My first website about modern and classic supercars
www.smartdriver.it --- My Car Enthusiast website about Smart
Smartdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
graywolf624
Regular User

Is it worth a 3 hr drive?

By the way the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stutgart is also very good. I should be posting some pics of that in a few days..... Guess where I am.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
enzoferrari
Regular User

2 far from Miami,thanks for the pics...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
MUS911
Regular User

thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Sapetoku
Regular User

Nice, so you could take pictures? I recently was in Leipzig and went to BMW Werk Leipzig and there is no way I could take pictures there, the minute I walked in with my camera, some man came to me telling me it was strictly prohibited, even in the main entrance hall...
That being said, they have some of the most amazing factories in Germany!
Sapetoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Smartdriver
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sapetoku View Post
Nice, so you could take pictures? I recently was in Leipzig and went to BMW Werk Leipzig and there is no way I could take pictures there, the minute I walked in with my camera, some man came to me telling me it was strictly prohibited, even in the main entrance hall...
That being said, they have some of the most amazing factories in Germany!
Well, yes, this place is probably the biggest BMW showroom in the world. Tons of people and tourist inside the structure take shots like me. The guards don't have told me anything because there is nothing to hide secret, at least not inside the BMW Welt.
Like all factory you don't taje shots inside the plant of BMW if unauthorized, but this is not a production plant. I have read that more than 800,000 visitors are expected every year and become one of the most visited in Munich. I doubt that will put a ban to make photographs

Old 02-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Smartdriver
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
Is it worth a 3 hr drive?

By the way the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stutgart is also very good. I should be posting some pics of that in a few days..... Guess where I am.
Yes, is an interesting place. Don't forget to visit the museum if you go to Munich.
They are adjusting the current museum that will become bigger. Currently cars are a lot less exposed and in a temporary structure. It's nevertheless the journey.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
04RCSTI
Regular User

beautiful building, beautiful cars.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:17 AM   #9
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
beautiful building, beautiful cars.
Well said.

I plan to visit later this year. The architecture is fantastic!