Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
thepest
Regular User

Default New Veyron Test

I said to myself no more veyron-related posts, after the last one (that was blown out of proportion by some new user's comments but nevertheless here it is

http://www.autoclips.net/video/play/5340

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
tforth
Regular User

Wow, 10.2s @142mph - that is the fastest time/speed I have heard recorded to date!

Does anyone know what the fastest (credible) street bike (with street tires) can do??
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
Wow, 10.2s @142mph - that is the fastest time/speed I have heard recorded to date!

Does anyone know what the fastest (credible) street bike (with street tires) can do??
The car has 1000hp, if it couldnt run at least 10.2s @ 142mph then would be an even bigger bucket of shit.

10.2s @ 142mph for 1 million dollars and 1000hp and computer controller 4wd is pretty lame.

There are literally hundred of street tyred daily drivers with aroun 600hp that run those trap speeds and E/T's - and thousands and thousands of stock ZX12's, ZX14's and Busas.

1. CYCLEWORLD [June 2000]

Top Speeds

------------------------------------------
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile
--------------------------------------------
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ 145.80 mph [Performed by CycleWorld magazine rider]
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.06 sec @ 142 mph [Performed by Ricky Gadson - Top Kawasaki Pro Drag racer]

Quotes and storyline from the test
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

2. PERFORMANCE BIKES [June 2000]

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 190.3 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 188.9 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 10.3s @ 143.9
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.4s @ 146.3

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

3. SPORTBIKE MAGAZINE [June 2000]

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.93 sec @ 143.4 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec @ 143.8 mph

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

4. MOTORCYCLIST MAGAZINE [June 2000]

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 184.2 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 183 mph
[Elevation 2400 feet above sea level]

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ ~ 140.3 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 9.96 sec @ 142.3 mph

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
5. BIKENET Online

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 196 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 194 mph

Quarter Mile - NA
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
6. BIKE MAGAZINE - UK [May 2000]

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 189 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 180 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 10.31 sec
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec
Give it up already - the Veyron is nothing more than an excercise in excess that few will ever see in person let alone drive and even fewer will own.

In the mean time, regular folks can have 10s 1/4s on their $10,000 street bikes and 600hp modified V8's

**yawn**
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
tforth
Regular User

So, you're saying that there are only 2 street bike that it is possible to get a better trap time with?

Tell me, would you be willing to bet on the average Busa owner beating the average Veyron (yeah, I know what your thinking) owner to a 1/4 mi race?

Remember, all the rich fat guy has to do is engage launch control and press the loud pedal. He doesn't even have to steer, ride out a clutch, or anything. The Busa rider, has somewhat more to do to run low 10s. Heaven forbid they have to run the best of 5. This is the result of technology/engineering.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

So, you're saying that there are only 2 street bike that it is possible to get a better trap time with?
No - I am showing you taht even as far back as 1999 and 2000 open class bieks were running 10s 1/4s at 145mph+.

Tell me, would you be willing to bet on the average Busa owner beating the average Veyron (yeah, I know what your thinking) owner to a 1/4 mi race?
Yes - the average Veyron owner wont have done much driving themsleves anyway - the rest may line up with a bike and from a standstill it will a drivers race each time.

Remember, all the rich fat guy has to do is engage launch control and press the loud pedal. He doesn't even have to steer, ride out a clutch, or anything. The Busa rider, has somewhat more to do to run low 10s. Heaven forbid they have to run the best of 5. This is the result of technology/engineering.
**yawn**

To run low tens you point and squirt.. the same as the Veyron driver.

And again - for 1 million dollars, super computer aids, 4wd and 1000hp if it couldn't run 10.2s it would be even more of a bucket of shit than it is.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Now, finally a bit better numbers. 10,2s is already a very nice time. It's right there in the same league than fastest cars in the Street Race here. And those are monster cars, that destroy your ears and are not usable in the streets, though they can be legally driven in streets.
Well then the 10s cars in your town are not the same as the 10s cars in my toen..

Those cars are not brutal drag slick tyre mosters with no use anywhere else
Old 12-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #7
ya55erm
Regular User

can you put the air con on with your friend on the back of the bike and smoke a cigaret at the same time whilst doing 180 mph+

i thought not!
ya55erm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
davide
Regular User

This car is one fast beast...
Old 12-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
tforth
Regular User

And again - for 1 million dollars, super computer aids, 4wd and 1000hp if it couldn't run 10.2s it would be even more of a bucket of shit than it is.
I wonder how much these riders weigh? And what do think will happen after the 1/4 mi? Lastly, I find it hard to believe that if the best a professional rider can do is 9.86s, I find it very hard to believe that the average 180 lb Busa rider will be able to knock of 10.2s all day long...
Old 12-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Now, finally a bit better numbers. 10,2s is already a very nice time. It's right there in the same league than fastest cars in the Street Race here. And those are monster cars, that destroy your ears and are not usable in the streets, though they can be legally driven in streets.
Well then the 10s cars in your town are not the same as the 10s cars in my toen..

Those cars are not brutal drag slick tyre mosters with no use anywhere else

The veyron is just a slow piece of crap for me.
8) 8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ya55erm
can you put the air con on with your friend on the back of the bike and smoke a cigaret at the same time whilst doing 180 mph+

i thought not!

Ever single other 600hp car out there can achieve the same thing.. so whats your point?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

I wonder how much these riders weigh? And what do think will happen after the 1/4 mi? Lastly, I find it hard to believe that if the best a professional rider can do is 9.86s, I find it very hard to believe that the average 180 lb Busa rider will be able to knock of 10.2s all day long...
Again - what is this obsession that noone who ows a "cheap" fast vehicle knows how to use them?

As an example - many accomplished Z06, GT3, F360, SL55, CLS500 and M3 drivers can make their cars consistantly beat the "factory" claimed figurs on road courses and drag strips.

The same is true for many, many, many motorcycle enthusiasts.

I am not sure where you are from, but whether in the UK or the US or even South Afrcia, there are enthusiasts that propel their vehicles to fanatastic times even as weekend warriors at race tracks all over.

To assume otherwise is rather foolish.

Note I didnt say all, or even most - but some are VERY competant.. and yes, the majority are just magazine reading posers.. but those are not the drivers/riders being discussed.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
Minacious
Regular User

I'll spank a Veyron on my bike every single race until about 150 when aerodynamics start to really come into play.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #14
tforth
Regular User

I'll spank a Veyron on my bike every single race until about 150 when aerodynamics start to really come into play.
Well, I guess if your statement is indeed accurate, it will still have its way with you for its next 100mph, until its rev limiter kicks in.

Like I said before, even if you are capable of pulling sub 10s (on demand) on your nifty bike, its only a matter of when, not if, the Veyron will blow your spokes off. Since its doing 140mph+ at the 1/4, you would be pretty depressed by the end of the standing km (I know this isn't a 'metric' often used by Americans).

I have never understood why people are so negative about the Veyron. It's not like VW Group made it out to be anything other than what it is: The most capable GT car of this era. I don't think any semi-intelligent individual would claim that it was intended to compete with an Elise, or even a Mac F1, for that matter. It just happens to accelerate faster and have a higher top speed than any other engineered production car to date. For the record, I believe it also accomplishes the highest recorded deceleration rate of >1.6g, above 375 km/h (just in case you were interested).
Old 12-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^

The Veyron in terms of all its abilities versus it's competitors is much much much greater then the McLaren F1 ever claimed it was. The McLaren was never a good handler, nor did it have good brakes, or steering feeling. The Veyron after much testing is good at all of these, and even has substantial G load limits that the F1 would've swapped sides with... even in professional racing drivers' hands like Darek Bell LOL.

Sure, the Veyron did the same thing under testing conditions, but its current serial mark is a new generation already vs. what was delivered this past summer... They are continualy making improvements to the car; where this just didnt' happen over at Macca's shop...