Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
chest3r
Regular User

And what about the Lotus Europa that showed up in the preview ?!?

In the last season, the M6 showed up in the preview and I think they never aired that. It was either the M6 or the 159, I can't really remember :roll:
Old 02-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ M6 was reviewed on Isle of man, so must be the 159..
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #18
racingfreak
Regular User

What happened to the good ol 10 episode seasons???

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
racingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #19
martin100
Regular User

^ No i recall they also showed the M6 driving in the countryside although they had already reviewed in on the Isle of Man in an epic feature from an even greater series 7.
I really hope they´ll be back in May already
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #20
martin100
Regular User

More detailed info:

Top Gear has never been very good at showbiz glamour. After all, this is the show that booked Lionel Richie and then made him drive a Suzuki Liana until one of its wheels fell off. However, that's all about to change this week as our presenters have a go at building their own stretch limos.

When we drove the new Ford Mustang a few series ago, we didn't like it much. But now that the boys from Shelby have given it the once over, it's time for another look.

Also, Dr Who actress and star of West End play Treats, Billie Piper, will be joining us for a chat and a few laps of the track.
Doesn´t sound as good as last episode esp. because they only got a Mustand instead of a car
Old 02-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #21
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
^ No i recall they also showed the M6 driving in the countryside although they had already reviewed in on the Isle of Man in an epic feature from an even greater series 7.
Mm I see..

Now lets hope indeed they are back in May! 8)
Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #22
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by martin100
I think that was the BMW 650 from the JAguar XK review.
No, it was the M6 v the Aston V8 Vantage v the Porsche 997 Carrera at the Isle of Man
Jep your right, the other test was on Pendine Sands, featured Jaguar XK-R (old) vs Porsche 996 Carrera vs BMW 645i
Old 03-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #23
blue8
Regular User

From the TG Website:
Tearful acceptance speeches, backstage fights and the occasional 'wardrobe malfunction'... yes, the awards season is definitely upon us.

And what better way to celebrate than by building three stretch limos from everyday cars? In the last episode of this series, Richard, Jeremy and James set out to provide a classier alternative to the drug dealer-ferrying, chav-infested stretchers currently on the market.

After resolving a few minor handling issues - and shooting James in the testicles - the boys head to the Brit Awards to hold up traffic and irritate celebrities.

Check out our gallery of behind-the-scenes images

Mustang Savvy...

The Ford Mustang has been a modifiers' favourite since its introduction 42 years ago. And no one does that modifying better than Shelby.

America's most famous tuner has just released a 500bhp of the new Mustang. Given our documented love of all things Stateside, it seemed like a good excuse to crank up the Springsteen and take to the track for some serious tyre-burning action and a gratuitous history lesson on American muscle.

Because she wants to...

She's used to snuggling down with David Tennant in the Tardis, so squeezing next to the Stig in Our Reasonably Priced Car was no problem for Billie Piper.

The star of Doctor Who and former Mrs Chris Evans puts in a few laps in our Chevrolet Lacetti and discusses beer bellies and teen fame with Jeremy.

And now for the news...

In the news this week: Richard meets Tony Blair and completely fails to punch him, Jeremy gets very excited about the replacement for the Vauxhall Monaro, and James does his best to defend the soporific Audi R8.

The last episode in the current series of Top Gear airs this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two.

-- This will be the last episode?!? How can 6 episodes even be called a season? I'm somewhat disappointed

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #24
martin100
Regular User

^ If you had written the posts above you would know that it´s the last episode dude We are all not very happy about that but hope it will be back in May already.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
TopGearNL
Regular User

Mm episode sounds allright to me..

Can't still believe its the last episode allready, hope they come back soon because I don't want to come too addicted to 5th gear
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #26
obdr
Regular User

what about the Ferrari 599 ?!?!?

What about the Porsche GT3?!?!?!

What about the new Audi A5?!? What about that V-10 Audi?!?!?

What about the Civic Type R ?!?!!?

bloody hell
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #27
martin100
Regular User

Originally Posted by obdr
what about the Ferrari 599 ?!?!?

What about the Porsche GT3?!?!?!

What about the new Audi A5?!? What about that V-10 Audi?!?!?

What about the Civic Type R ?!?!!?

bloody hell
Why do you think they already have the A5 yet? It has just been revealed a week ago And what V10 Audi do you mean? The only V10 are the S6 and S8 if i´m not wrong. They also already talked about the GT3-RS and put it on the cool-wall so i don´t think they´ll review the standard GT3 or the GT3-RS either. But yes, i don´t know why they didn´t review the 599 either. Clarkson has already reviewed it for Times Online though. It would be a nice car for another car vs something race maby in the next series.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #28
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ Well lets hope the next season will be mindblowing!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #29
PATo355
Regular User

fuck top gear ... now i need to see 5th gear for crappy but proper car reviews ... at least they show all the supercars

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #30
blue8
Regular User

Yeah it's disappointing that they haven't reviewed the 599... yet (could be next season). I haven't really caught any full episodes of this season since it's not available here but I very much enjoyed the feature on the Veyron top speed, the 911 Turbo and my favorite the LP640 (everything was just perfect, from the car down to the editing, plus the impressive lap time )

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote