Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #31
racingfreak
Regular User

Cant wait to watch it, cant wait...aaaagh! 34% downloaded...

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
racingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #32
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
The Brabus was crazy - twitching everywhere! I still love it though
At times it looked like the wheels were warping!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #33
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

The Porsche part was too short, too bad, but he made some good points why someone would go for the Turbo instead of the Ferrari. And I like the light effects they used, couldn't get enough of that.

The Reliant shuttle, first I was sceptical, but it turned out quite nice, and they put a considerable amount of work in to it, too bad the main booster didn't come off and it crashed like a missile to the ground, wich was also quite nice to see, BIG BOOM.

And the Brabus, WOW, way too short imo, I wanted him to go on the german autobahn and go at the speed it is capable of, just to see that thing fly by when you are doing 250 km/h must be awesome. Besides that I liked the rims and the 12 piston callipers and the huge discs, the car had an evil presence about it, just to know that you have a monster of an engine, maybe if it was 4 wheel drive it would corner better and accelerate way faster, because we have to keep in mind, that it is still detuned, so the added weight wouldn't make that much difference if they would let is as it is, FULL POWER. But that would be nearly impossible and way too expensive, too bad.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:50 AM   #34
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

The porsche feature was great but no lap which was very dissapointing as i would have loved to have seen how fast it was compared to the ferrari f430.

The reliant feature was really funny and i was on the edge of my sofa waiting for the for the final fuel tank on the rocket to drop off, instead just another huge bang but great entertainment.

The brabus feature was great aswel. I also get the feeling now that there are going to be a hell of a lot more plug-ins just so they can get the big actors in.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:50 AM   #35
Jabba
Regular User

I guess its your lucky day
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #36
stmoritzer
Regular User

Added my comments to each feature already in the VV, but the space shuttle challenge blew me away, simply AWESOME!!

the best challenge they ever did and a expensive one...
not to speak about the difficulties to launch such a thing.
Big respect that it flew from beginning (that rocket isn't symmetric with the shuttle on top and the size is impressive for a model rocket ) , too bad the seperation of the shuttle didn't work, they were very close. From the explosion at the end, I think there was some fuel in the main booster which didn't went off earlier

Thanks Jabba!

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote